Round 9 Discussion

I would rather blow out scorelines if it reflects just how good a team was over its opposition. This is sport.

Am a bit tired of bullshit, square-up penalty-ridden, artificially close games. That is entertainment. If I want to be entertained I'll go to the circus.

I'm not saying its a bad thing - it's just with the nature of Rugby League being a game based on shared possession most games are relatively close unlike AFL/Union etc.

I think Tigers could be a potential smokey for the finals this year.

Ivan Cleary has them playing good, a lot better than what they were to start the season. They still need to play a bit more patient, build pressure first before going for the killer blow, but apart from that I think they have been going well.

If they didn't lose Woods and Tedesco early on, I think they could have won.

Cronulla were begging for the full-time siren, there was no way they were going to put the Tigers out of their misery.

By rights, Cronulla should have run right through the Tigers in the second half but their inability to convert opportunities kept the scores close.

I just think they're that sort of team. It doesn't matter whether it's Newcastle or Melbourne, they're going to run through their plays and they have so much talent in their side that they'll just find ways to score points when they need them. Given their defence which is right up there with Melbourne, Canterbury & St George as the best in the league they give themselves a real shot.

Wests put in a real honest effort tonight. Losing Woods & Tedesco hurt them immensly, but it didn't stop them from going through their sets and keeping the Sharks on their toes. Cleary is doing well with the talent at his disposal and if he had some decent weapons out there, his record would be a lot better than it currently is. I'm really interested in his rebuild and so far I can't complain too much with the signings of Matulino & Reynolds.

Jake Trbojevic was the star prop forward of his age group who took some seasoning before he could play in the NRL. Due to the state of the Sea Eagles forward pack, he's found himself at lock forward where he's been going great guns.

Joel Edwards is a fringe first grader who got his start because Newcastle Knights were desperate for some forwards. He was a handy acquisition for the Knights, better than some of their other players like Taufua, Tolar, Southern etc. but he had already realised his potential and Wayne moved him on. He really isn't much chop, but the Tigers are so desperate for forwards they have little choice.

I hope to see Sharks pinged for what they did to Woods.

That was dangerous, and just completely unnecessary.

People may laugh at me but I think the Titans could challenge for the Premiership if they stay injury free. They have a lot of quality in their team. It would not shock me if they made a deep run in the finals.

People may laugh at me but I think the Titans could challenge for the Premiership if they stay injury free. They have a lot of quality in their team. It would not shock me if they made a deep run in the finals.

I have a similar impression, albeit the prospect of facing Melbourne in the double header could very well make or break their season.

They're playing some quality football and with Paasi due back against Melbourne they could really develop into a potent NRL footy side around the rep season. However, there are still some kinks to their game that they'll have to work out if they want to be anything more than a plucky fringe 8 side.

This tackle is technically not illegal, but you can see it's dangerous and as a result Woods could be out for up to a month or even longer.

Maloney and Prior spun him around. Maloney grabbed his left leg, Prior grabbed his right leg and they pulled on his legs to pull them apart.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/woods-horror-hammy-blow!621183
I dunno, happened all pretty quickly. Hard to tell if intentional or not, but hey, it's the Sharks so wouldn't surprise me.

I did see footage of Gallen's dive too. My lord, this game is quickly becoming a joke when that kind of shit gains rewards. The NRL needs to crack down on diving really soon otherwise who knows what'll happen?

This tackle is technically not illegal, but you can see it's dangerous and as a result Woods could be out for up to a month or even longer.

Maloney and Prior spun him around. Maloney grabbed his left leg, Prior grabbed his right leg and they pulled on his legs to pull them apart.

That's technically a wishbone tackle. I remember Luke O'Donnell was out for awhile due to one years ago. Funnily enough, the Tigers were responsible for his.

That's being overly dramatic. It was totally unintentional and I feel as though it was largely an accident. Prior virtually had no influence on the tackle.

Beautiful to see the Cowshits in ninth....hopefully the Titans keep winning and Cows keep losing

That's technically a wishbone tackle. I remember Luke O'Donnell was out for awhile due to one years ago. Funnily enough, the Tigers were responsible for his.

And not long after his recovery (and Fulton returning from overseas) O'Donnell got in to a scuffle with those originally responsible (Fulton being one) because they were alluding to the incident while tackling him, ie, "grab that leg and pull". O'Donnell was a loose canon but that was poor form, considering he had his hamstring torn from the bone the first time.

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.