Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Post Game Discussion

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
inb4 our dopey coach lumbers into the post game presser and declares "Well the effort was there" ....
I didnt watch the game, but going off what I read here and on the LU forums if Hook tries to put any sort of positive spin on this performance I will lose my shit.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Stupid bloody penalties. They are blatant, deliberate, and costing us games. Did Hunt really think he'd get away with tapping that ball? The moment Norman signed with Eels I said he needed to go. Hook said as long as he's performing he'll stay in the team. Well, he's not performing, every run he ambled up and flopped, and a stupid pass behind Kahu that puts the whole team under pressure. Kahu to fullback, Kemp to wing. Absolutely no reason not to.

Absolutely

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pathetic, soft pack of forwards, and no aggression in defense.

McCullough had better have been injured otherwise I have no idea why you bench him in the final 10 and shuffle around half the side.

Klein was terrible as usual, parramatta were offside and going early the majority of the game.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Ps this is good reason why you shouldn't appoint a reserves or u 20 coach....too fixated on the players that he coached previously. Can't see the need for changes at all

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
How embarrassing. . Your right Griffin,we don't need new players next year.. These ones are great.. All we needed was someone with X factor to break the game apart. . Folau would have been great.. Oh that's right.. he was busy winning the game for the waratahs .. We don't need players like that though.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
terrible ruck plays and that has been the case for years. We Are a dull, pedestrian team and, as much of a nice guy as he is, the Reality is Griffin is out of his depth.
The criticism of Wallace is mainly by ignorant types who don't see the issue at 9 and the lack of line runners and decoy plays.
The Brisbane hierarchy are dinosaur like in their ignorance of the modern game. When will these fuckwits realize that grooming juniors for future success is a brain dead approach. surely by now they would see that these future players get picked up by other clubs.
The game is about now, not 3-5 years time.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Oh and a while ago I said if McCullough gets the ball slapped out again I'd personally slap him myself. When's the next fan day?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
How embarrassing. . Your right Griffin,we don't need new players next year.. These ones are great.. All we needed was someone with X factor to break the game apart. . Folau would have been great.. Oh that's right.. he was busy winning the game for the waratahs .. We don't need players like that though.

"X Factor" is what you pray and rely on when your spine is shit.

...oh, carry on.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
We should have known they'd come out at 1000mph from the start.

We were ambushed, and never recovered.

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
We missed Prince in attack. Never thought id say that.

Its obvious that we need him in attack for our structure. Hunt was shithouse.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
terrible ruck plays and that has been the case for years. We Are a dull, pedestrian team and, as much of a nice guy as he is, the Reality is Griffin is out of his depth.
The criticism of Wallace is mainly by ignorant types who don't see the issue at 9 and the lack of line runners and decoy plays.
The Brisbane hierarchy are dinosaur like in their ignorance of the modern game. When will these ****wits realize that grooming juniors for future success is a brain dead approach. surely by now they would see that these future players get picked up by other clubs.
The game is about now, not 3-5 years time.

That about says it all

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
You know, I guess that's a decent point about Wallace. He was pretty good in 08 with Ennis in the side, and was pretty good for NSW too. Problem is that starting from 09, we've only had McCullough.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Heres a tip. First step, get a forward pack that scares other teams. Then get a half back and fullback. Spend big on 3 or 4 quality players and there you go.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Just feel filthy really.

That was a true bludger of the game, was there for the taking, yet the boys ran around like headless chooks. Too many dumb options and not enough leadership from our playmakers.

McCullough just continues to get worse really, giving away dumb penalties, bad missed tackles and taking dumb options from dummy half. I thought fans were harsh on him to start the season, but he's just gotten worse. For a player that has so much support from the club, it's disappointing to see him turn in such disappointing performances.

Still, the biggest disappointment belongs to Hodgo. He was absolutely out-played by his opposite and took way too many soft options with the game on the line. Nothing worse than when a senior player plays poorly because they should know better.

What else can I say about the match?

Hunt ended up OK. I thought some members overreacted in the live game thread, which I didn't like because it hurt whatever credibility a pro-Hunt argument may have but he came up with some good plays and kept himself in the game. Still a little raw, but I never expected Hunt to be an instant success in the halves.

Forwards played well I thought, I felt we won the territorial battle but the long distance game from Parra nullified our efforts. Loved how much Sammy fired up after the all in brawl. He ran with the fire and gusto I want to see from him all the time. Parker always put his hand up and Hala was a handful off the bench.

I reckon we can kiss McGuire goodbye for a few weeks too. He's letting his temper get the best of him out there at the moment, and it's sad because he's a player of true potential.

But yeah, I feel like kicking the cat, throwing the toys out the cot, spitting the dummy and declaring the sky is going to fall. Broncos lost, my weekend is ruined, cut my life into pieces this is my last resort.

If I lose to pwn, it's only going to get worse.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I'm honesty not even that upset.

Parra were always going to be up for this game after a string of losses and embarrassing efforts.

The game against the Tigers was an indication that this game was going to be a close one. We could only win by 10 when they were missing so many players, so how were we going to flog an almost full strength eels side?

Ningnangnong was right, the bye has come at a bad time and were not the same team that we were in R4-6.

Last edited:
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I didnt watch the game, but going off what I read here and on the LU forums if Hook tries to put any sort of positive spin on this performance I will lose my shit.

He's got a 'crutch' tonight - "losing Prince in the first five minutes really hurt us.... But I feel for our guys, the effort was there, we just need to work on our execution..."

fucking zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .....

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Heres a tip. First step, get a forward pack that scares other teams. Then get a half back and fullback. Spend big on 3 or 4 quality players and there you go.

nup, we're fine with what we've got ....

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I know we should normally have beaten a side like the Eels but is the loss really that much of a shock?
The current Broncos side is not that good that games will be gimme's, especially when the opposition put in a spirited display. We almost got the same result against the Tigers.

As for this game being the reason we might miss the 8, could be a blessing in disguise. Making up the numbers and going out in the first week like last year can prevent any pressure or change in the club.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
  • broncs30
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.