Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Post Game Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
broncospwn said:
Also not getting a penalty try is BS, we should have been 1 point ahead, Hayne tackled Hunt high as he scored.

A penalty try is only awarded if the offence failed to score a certain try due to foul play from the opposition.

Hunt scored.

Even then, a penalty try would only afford us a kick from right in-front.

What you're after is an 8 point try, which can only be awarded if there was an indiscretion committed AFTER the try was scored.

Dumb rule, but that's how it is.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Bunch of blokes with an over-inflated sense of self worth because the were raised in an environment of success with Lockyer, Webcke and co making their half arse efforts seem important (Thaiday, Parker, Stagg), which snowballed into undeserved Origin and Australian jerseys, along with a couple of spoilt brats (Norman, Hunt, McCullough even McGuire) and kids that have no idea how to execute the basics of rugby league (Kahu) coupled with a gameplan that I could describe in 1 sentence executed by a lock forward moonlighting as a half back (Wallace).

Parramatta handed that game to Brisbane. We were either too arrogant, too dumb, too bored, too full of self importance, too inexperienced, too unfit, too uncreative, too sure that "someone else will do it or too full of a sense of entitlement in being in first grade wearing a Broncos jersey to actually win it.

**** this season. If the Maroons pick any of that mob for Origin, I don't think I'll even have that to feel good about.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Norman's too inconsistent for mine. One week, he's creating tries willy-nilly, the next, he's offering nothing in attack and defense, his passing and ball-hogging was poor, and he seems to have absolutely no hunger for the ball or any eagerness to take a strong hit-up.

Enjoy your $1.5 million signing Parra. You got a preview of him tonight.

Kahu has gotten better with each game he has played. His first try tonight showed his awareness to step infield rather than go for the easier try out wide. We've been told he could be the next young superstar - let's see it at fullback, his prime position. Norman's had his chance.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Bunch of blokes with an over-inflated sense of self worth because the were raised in an environment of success with Lockyer, Webcke and co making their half arse efforts seem important (Thaiday, Parker, Stagg), which snowballed into undeserved Origin and Australian jerseys, along with a couple of spoilt brats (Norman, Hunt, McCullough even McGuire) and kids that have no idea how to execute the basics of rugby league (Kahu) coupled with a gameplan that I could describe in 1 sentence executed by a lock forward moonlighting as a half back (Wallace).

Parramatta handed that game to Brisbane. We were either too arrogant, too dumb, too bored, too full of self importance, too inexperienced, too unfit, too uncreative, too sure that "someone else will do it or too full of a sense of entitlement in being in first grade wearing a Broncos jersey to actually win it.

**** this season. If the Maroons pick any of that mob for Origin, I don't think I'll even have that to feel good about.

this site needs something stronger than a "like" button ..... how about a "fucking oath" button ..?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The number of times McCullough dummies at the line is directly proportional to the Broncos' respect for the other side.

That was definitetly a stat leader tonight

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
That's BS. There was nothing wrong with Thaiday's effort, Parker usually gives 100% and Stagg does too, only he got given less than 20 minutes tonight.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
I know we should normally have beaten a side like the Eels but is the loss really that much of a shock?

As for this game being the reason we might miss the 8, could be a blessing in disguise. Making up the numbers and going out in the first week like last year can prevent any pressure or change in the club.
It's good to see someone putting some positive spin on a game we lost against the team in 15th place.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
The number of times McCullough dummies at the line is directly proportional to the Broncos' respect for the other side.

That was definitetly a stat leader tonight

Forget Wallace/Hunt/Prince drama, I weep at the thought of McCullough being the Broncos hooker for the next 7 years or so.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Another sad thing is...

That was the Broncos strongest line up. We have no stars returning from injury(Not counting Yow Yeh since he probably won't be the same player).

And everybody believes that Hunt is a better player then Prince in the halves and we still couldn't win.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm once again going to say Griffin is a nub for not using Hala properly. He gets 10 minutes in the first half and another 7 in the second half ONLY because Hannant went off injured, he looked good when he came back on too... If match fitness is the excuse he got less minutes this week than last.

Seriously though, we lose by 1 point and we miss 6 points from bad goal kicking...

That was just a shit game, we're back to our rubbish game play from the first few rounds. Griffin has to take responsibility here.

Also not getting a penalty try is BS, we should have been 1 point ahead, Hayne tackled Hunt high as he scored.

Hala is a rookie. Can't just throw him in there, we need to let him find his feet in a competition that is a lot quicker than he's used to. He's a big fella, give him time.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Corey Norman - you suck.
Andrew McCullough - you suck.

Our spine is crap because of those 2, not the halves.

After that huge defensive effort, to have Parra kicking from their own 20m, showing enormous intensity, Norman decides he doesn't want to put in the same effort and throws a shocking pass to Kahu. No desire to back up a huge defensive effort from his teammates. All of a sudden that huge effort is for nothing. He is an absolute cat and I can't wait until he goes to Parramatta next year and becomes their problem.

Those who know me know that I don't like to be overly critical of players but this absolute pretender at fullback needs to take a good hard look at himself, and the coach needs to drop him. We are gaining absolutely nothing positive out of him being in the team.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
That's BS. There was nothing wrong with Thaiday's effort, Parker usually gives 100% and Stagg does too, only he got given less than 20 minutes tonight.

What's wrong with their efforts is that they don't look to offload enough and anyway, they don't have support so it wouldn't matter anyway

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
For the Hunt bashers saying Prince is better - so he should be, he's had how many weeks to build combinations now? How many weeks to prepare himself to be the Broncos' half for the year?

How many weeks has Hunt had? Oh...none? FFS, can't expect him to save the world from a standing start. Give him the same opportunity.

Prince should not have played tonight. He was clearly still not 100% so why the **** was he out there? Hook?!?!

And agreed about Norman. If he's in the side next week I ain't watching. He should think himself lucky playing Q-Cup after tonight's effort. Hope he stays in Sydney.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What's wrong with their efforts is that they don't look to offload enough and anyway, they don't have support so it wouldn't matter anyway

Parker does offload fairly frequently, but for the most part I think it's Hook's conservative gamestyle that limits the rest from doing it too often. Same as why we usually just run one out.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Corey Norman - you suck.
Andrew McCullough - you suck.

Our spine is crap because of those 2, not the halves.

After that huge defensive effort, to have Parra kicking from their own 20m, showing enormous intensity, Norman decides he doesn't want to put in the same effort and throws a shocking pass to Kahu. No desire to back up a huge defensive effort from his teammates. All of a sudden that huge effort is for nothing. He is an absolute cat and I can't wait until he goes to Parramatta next year and becomes their problem.

Those who know me know that I don't like to be overly critical of players but this absolute pretender at fullback needs to take a good hard look at himself, and the coach needs to drop him. We are gaining absolutely nothing positive out of him being in the team.

Yes yes & yes.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Corey Norman - you suck.

I can still remember my disbelief when the team list was announced for Round 1. "If Norman hasn't earned five-eighth, how has he earned fullback?"

Unread

Active Now

• Strop
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Browny
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • RodF
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • broncs30
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.