Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Post Game Discussion

inb4 our dopey coach lumbers into the post game presser and declares "Well the effort was there" ....

Our stupidity (not kicking a field goal), Hodges (let it 2 early tries) and abysmal goal kicking lost us the game.

Only player I was really impressed with was Thaiday. Everyone else was hit and miss.

I seriously can't handle the fact that we let a pack of absolute grubs like the eels beat us.

Pathetic !!

Norman was very ordinary tonight apart from the pass. Poor discipline cost us tonight.

The refs were pretty shocking, but we still aren't an 80 minute footy team.

Forget the finals, you need to win games like this to even get there.

Wonder how Prince, Hodges, Hannant and Kahu will pull up next week.

I hope the eels liked what they saw of Norman at 5/8 for the last 20 minutes. $450000 he must be laughing at the suckers at the moment

I'm once again going to say Griffin is a nub for not using Hala properly. He gets 10 minutes in the first half and another 7 in the second half ONLY because Hannant went off injured, he looked good when he came back on too... If match fitness is the excuse he got less minutes this week than last.

Seriously though, we lose by 1 point and we miss 6 points from bad goal kicking...

That was just a shit game, we're back to our rubbish game play from the first few rounds. Griffin has to take responsibility here.

Also not getting a penalty try is BS, we should have been 1 point ahead, Hayne tackled Hunt high as he scored.

I never really rant but here is my $2 worth.

Tonight our attack was shit. Thats probably the worst structure we have had all year and no surprise it was when Prince was missing.

All you guys who think Hunt is the saviour. After tonights effort... LOL on us. He'd need to imrove 10000000x on that to even look half that.

I dont care what you guys say. We missed Prince in attack tonight. There is no denying that.

We were crap. Need to start with a whole sale clean out of the team and the management....bring back John Ribot or Shane Edwards....forget culture.....I'd rather we have a team of drunks and ratbags if we win.....sorry, we're not a finishing school...we're a footy team.

Griffin's use of the bench was definitely a shit as always. Stagg comes on after 60 minutes. Wow, that's surely the best way to use him, let him make 12 tackles or whatever. Hala barely plays any either.

No one seemed to know what was going on. One out stuff. Simple as that.

Hasn't Hook got some fresh ideas?

The huge rants that are about to come are gonna be hilarious.

Are they not warranted?

Were you happy with how we played tonight? Do you think we are even in contention for a premiership let alone the top 8?

Don't discount how frustrating this side is to watch.

Stupid bloody penalties. They are blatant, deliberate, and costing us games. Did Hunt really think he'd get away with tapping that ball? The moment Norman signed with Eels I said he needed to go. Hook said as long as he's performing he'll stay in the team. Well, he's not performing, every run he ambled up and flopped, and a stupid pass behind Kahu that puts the whole team under pressure. Kahu to fullback, Kemp to wing. Absolutely no reason not to.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.