Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Post Game Discussion

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
One of Prince or Hunt definitely has to go next week, purely so we can bring a real hooker onto the bench. McCullough won't get dropped straight away, but having competition for the spot will either get him to really start working on his game or have the replacement outperform him and become out main hooker.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'll be surprised if David Hala is ever capable of huge minutes. He is a seriously big man.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
A low standard match between two very low standard teams with the ""Hayne Train"" being the major difference proving once again that there is no substitute for class. Parra were terrible but still good enough to beat this current crop, bit like the Roosters in round 3.

Thaiday, Hannant and McGuire were mostly uninspiring but Josh throws a wicked sucker punch. Wally, Macca and Hunt did everything they could but they just don't have the skill level to ever be successful. Parker was great as usual, Hodgo had a mixed game, I think he is getting fed up with playing on a team of donkeys, Princey was sorely missed, his experience and coolness in a crisis would have been the difference tonite. As usual, Hook has no idea on how to use his bench and as usual the Broncos put in a sub par performance, what else is new?

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and one never knows what it will bring. Broncos are a 1000-1 on making the playoffs, even the most optimistic of fans (Alec) would be feeling pretty lousy right about now. Can't believe I wasted 2 hrs of my life watching that rubbish.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This to me was a very different team to the one of the last 3 games. Why?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Copy pasta from LU, I'm way too downtrodden to collect my thoughts properly about the game.

I am fucking filthy. The most filthy I've been after a loss in a very long time. We were playing average, that much is a given, but for the Eels to get the legup that they did from Ashley Klein is the biggest joke. That merkin needs to be taken behind the sheds and shot square between the eyes. Anyone who questions Princes role in the side now is doing so out of sheer stubborn ignorance.

Just as I predicted, Wallace was like a WWII Bomber with a retarded pilot; plenty of bombs and no clue. Also, we have a goal kicking crisis at the club. 3 flunked goal kicks decided the game, ultimately.

Seriously, I hope Daniel Anderson flies up to Red Hill and apologizes on all fours. Disgraceful.

MOD-EDIT: Don't breach the word filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If McCullough wasn't injured what the hell was going through hooks mind to bench him and shuffle around half the side with the game on the line in the final 5 mins, its little wonder they had no idea how to set up for a field goal to draw even.

The whole side needs to toughen up, there is no aggression or intensity in the majority of anything they do.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I think I just don't like that many of the current squad as players. They piss me off rather than inspire loyalty

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Good thing I missed the game.

How did Kahu go?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What odds that hook does this for next weeks game

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Wallace

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Good thing I missed the game.

How did Kahu go?

Scored a double. He was probably our best player on field, to be honest. Very good debut in that position. Maranta won't be back.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Scored a double. He was probably our best player on field, to be honest. Very good debut in that position. Maranta won't be back.
Far from the best, solid yes and he deserves another go but he was far from the best.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Definitely not best on field but did well on his wing debut. I reckon he played than Maranta has played so far this year.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Looks like Hannant and Prince both to miss a month.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Kahu was good, but not great. Some pretty good footwork to score his first try. His second try was just falling over. Knocked on with 0 pressure trying to pick up a ball to return it.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • Swordfish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • Waynesaurus
  • porouian
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • broncs30
  • mitch222
  • ezpz
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.