Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have nothing to judge that on though. Hunt doesn't replace Wallace when he's on the field, and comparing his performance in any lower grade matches to NRL matches is silly.

lets see how old wallace goes this weekend against parra then :)

Team is officially finalized.

Hodges will definitely play.

Anderson, Jarrod Wallace drop off the bench making way for McGuire and Stagg.

A lot more confident now that Justin will definitely be playing.

Last edited:
Broncos website has confirmed the bench is Hunt Hala Stagg Mcguire with anderson and wallace dropping off.

Edit: beaten!

Can we not have every thread turn into a halves debate? I'd like to once in awhile chat about the initial topic.

While I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eels get up over us, this is where Brisbane can shape their season and get some form going. The Eels are the perfect team to aim up against and put on a big score for that confidence boost before the Origin period.

Predictions:

Hoffman double, Prince/Wallace to finally show what they have with one of the two grabbing MOTM and Brisbane by 30+ in what will be an exciting game of chance football.

Team is officially finalized.

Hodges will definitely play.

Anderson, Jarrod Wallace drop off the bench making way for McGuire and Stagg.

A lot more confident now that Justin will definitely play.

Not happy with Stagg there either one of Anderson or Wallace should be in his spot imo.

Yep, I've said this before, Stagg offers nothing from the bench. He's like a poor mans Parker, without the offload. Why use a workhorse on the bench in limited time. Better off having someone larger to make an impact in the short amount of time. Watch for McGuire to have a big game, I think he's going to tear into them.

i agree especially when you have thaiday who can easily slot into 2nd row if andwhen parker/gillet/glenn need their rest. better to have the extra prop IMO.

To get the most out of Stagg, you need him to play longer minutes, making more tackles to keep the rest of the pack fresher. Considering how poor Griffindor is at using the bench, it's pretty unlikely though.

lets see how old wallace goes this weekend against parra then :)

That has nothing to do with the argument you've bought up, but anyway. Carry on trying to make sense of yourself.

I'd rather Stagg than Anderson. He's a useless forward.

I tend to agree with this. With Anderson you get some straight running which 9 times out of 10 does not bend the line and leads to a submission in the tackle, with the inevitable possibility of a dropped ball at least once whilst he is on the field. From what I have seen of Stagg this year, he offers a little bit more ball playing in his attack.

For me one of the young guys would be a better option than both. I like the looks of Slyney, Wallace and Gibbs.

I'd actually like to see staff starting so that Gillett or Glenn can have more impact. I'd go with Glenn, Gillett seems to handle 80 better (his defensive defecencies are caused by something else (can eleaborate)). Glenn has lost all of his impact since playing 80

With the inclusion of Stagg I expect Hook to start to reduce the minutes of all our origin bound forwards. Unlucky that Anderson gets dropped as he has been quite good this year compared to last year. It is the right decision however because Hala provides genuine impact as a ball carrier. Stagg doesn't offer a great deal but his defence will never let us down.

To be fair to Hook, I am very pleased with these changes this week. Kahu looks more a part of our future than Maranta and Hala is far more likely than Anderson.

And lets not forget Scott Prince, hopefully he sticks around for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rambstien
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • ozzball
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.