Round 9 - Penrith Panthers - Pre Game discussion

Good to see Glenn back so quickly, but where's Copley gone?

Reed and Maranta picked over Copley. That's hilarious.

1 Matt MOYLAN
2 George JENNINGS
3 Waqa BLAKE
4 Dallin WATENE- ZELEZNIAK
5 David SIMMONS
6 Will SMITH
7 Isaac JOHN
8 Nigel PLUM
9 Api KOROISAU
10 Sam McKENDRY
11 Lewis BROWN ©
12 Isaah YEO
13 Sika MANU
INTERCHANGE
14 Tyrone PEACHEY
15 Jeremy LATIMORE
16 Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
17 Bryce CARTWRIGHT

No Sowie or Segs is a plus

Copley did make some pretty bad defensive errors last week. And it's not his first time. Bennett's just letting him know that he needs to work.

Not sure what to make of the Copley drop.. he hasn't been great this year, but I still think he's more useful than Reed at left centre. Interesting to say the least.. good to see Alex back so early.

Not sure what to make of the Copley drop.. he hasn't been great this year, but I still think he's more useful than Reed at left centre. Interesting to say the least.. good to see Alex back so early.
Defensively Reed has been the better center, But all this dropping and positional changes seems to really **** up Copley. Coach makes the decisions and i trust him.

It's possible that Wayne might be sending Dale to QCUP to get 80 minutes in the Centres for a couple of weeks, it's gotta be better for him than shifting between positions every couple of minutes, let's hope he has a couple of blinders and gets back into the team at the expense of Reed.

There's not a lot of minutes on that bench, which is a little concerning. That is offset by the return of Glenn,who I am surprised to see back so soon. Even so, we really need big games from our senior forwards,and I hope their rotation is well managed.

Conversely, unsurprised to see Boyd not named. He'll be better for the additional time to recuperate. In the meantime, it's great to see Kahu back. He was shaping up nicely before the hamstring issues, and hopefully he picks up where he left off.

Unlucky of Copley to be dropped but hopefully a week in Q Cup will serve to play him back into form. I'd rather him over Maranta, but I think our backline looks more sound defensively in it's current incarnation.

In fairness, Panthers still have a solid team but lack leadership. Moylan has done admirably in the absence of Wallace, Soward and Segeyaro but can't do it all on his own.

I would have rathered Copley on the wing with oates on the bench
Stoked to have Glenn back early especially with Thaiday out suspended

Interesting to see Molo and Offa in, as well as Glenn! Missed watching him play. Wouldn't be surprised if Boyd is a late inclusion, they will probably run fitness tests on him this week to see if he is up to scratch. If the Panthers line up like that, I don't give them much of a chance. For the record, if Boyd is a late inclusion I want to see Oates in the centres and Reed dropped, keep Kahu at FB for now. Let's Go Boys!! Fired up for this game, feeling a 20+ victory!

Have to feel sorry for the Panthers though...looks like they have West Tigers syndrome:

Mansour, Idris, Wallace, Soward, Segs, Whare....this list is endless!!

Last edited:
what the **** has Bennett been smoking ... how the **** does Jack Reed survive yet Copley gets dropped ...

GET FUCKED

I highly doubt this is the panthers team they'll field. . I'm expecting their halves to be both included late.

Trying to get us under prepared. .

what the **** has Bennett been smoking ... how the **** does Jack Reed survive yet Copley gets dropped ...

GET FUCKED

Copley had a chance last game to prove himself and failed. He needs time to sort out his shit

Copley had a chance last game to prove himself and failed. He needs time to sort out his shit

yet Jack Reed who has been Shit for years keeps his place ...

that'll teach me for giving Bennett some credit ... I won't make that mistake again

Active Now

• Astro
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.