Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I thought Boyd was okay on this try, he was obliged to get to marker and be square.

Milford was to blame for their first try, he didn't make much of an effort to get to his feet at marker.
Good sides in that situation get 3 to 4 defenders all over the player with the ball ensuring a slow play the ball .

At 4:00, for the Milford try. You can actually hear it hit Cummins head through his microphone if you are wearing earphones.

The more I see of Carrigan, the more I like what I see.

He's a definite lock forward 13 in my opinion. Strong carries with the legs always pumping. He's enthusiastic and energetic and seems to love defense and hitting hard in tackles.

It was a good game and a good result. The team cannot keep starting that way though if they are any chance of doing more than making up the numbers this season. I'm prepared to concede some of it could be put down to the nerves of the debutants, but that cannot be the excuse of our forwards who were pedestrian in the early minutes and the team as a whole loose with their discipline in giving away penalties.
I still think Dearden needs to be more involved in the kicking game, along with Turpin. Turpin's kick wasn't the greatest, but the idea was actually solid at that time and if it was better directed would have put the pressure on manly.
Dearden improved and was good. His defence for a half is outstanding (he could show Milford a thing or two there). I think he looked more relaxed and I'm pretty sure Turpin will be the same next week. He pretty much lost the nerves in the second half anyway.
That all said it is a different game playing the title favourites and we shouldn't be complacent after this. Manly were extremely vulnerable with players playing out of position and injuries. Despite all that, they were heroic in their resistance to our attack and it needs to be noted that we look particularly lost in the opponents 20-metre zone. I'm not sure why, but we don't seem to gel there.
Both halves were good but still have improvement in them. I'm not expecting success at this stage against the roosters but if they put a solid effort in, with our forwards giving good metres from the get-go and defending stoutly we should take it right up to them and give it a shake.

Lol, do you come up with these yourself? How long does it take?

Great game thats all we ask for is intent in their runs and tackles for the most part, and just having a go. Turpin I thought was great on debut, he got right in there despite a few hiccups, and Dearden looks to be the goods. Great to see the boys rejoice when we scored. Boyd finally found his pair this week, I just hope he keeps them on now. Milf was great as was pretty much everyone else without being spectacular; we'll definately need to lift next week, but damn I enjoyed that game even though Manly were shaky with injuries. Keep it up boys! :tallica:

Milford was to blame for their first try, he didn't make much of an effort to get to his feet at marker.

Because he was half concussed.....?

Boyd should have definitely be more aware.

I don't know if this was a good piece of vision from Dearden or if it was always a planned move.

But in Boyd's try, before he switched the direction of play and passed the ball back to Milford, I could swear I saw him look up at where the Manly fullback was and when he saw him coming across, he then decided to switch the ball back to Milford who saw the same thing.

Maybe it was just a planned move regardless of where the fullback was, but if he reacted to what he saw in the defensive line, that's a very promising sign.

I don't know if this was a good piece of vision from Dearden or if it was always a planned move.

But in Boyd's try, before he switched the direction of play and passed the ball back to Milford, I could swear I saw him look up at where the Manly fullback was and when he saw him coming across, he then decided to switch the ball back to Milford who saw the same thing.

Maybe it was just a planned move regardless of where the fullback was, but if he reacted to what he saw in the defensive line, that's a very promising sign.

In replay I thought it was planned the way Boyd was positioned and the way he accelerated, as soon as Milford got the ball, wasn’t the way he’d run to receive a pass. Unless Milford picked it on instinct and told Boyd it was on in that split second.

In replay I thought it was planned the way Boyd was positioned and the way he accelerated, as soon as Milford got the ball, wasn’t the way he’d run to receive a pass. Unless Milford picked it on instinct and told Boyd it was on in that split second.
Yeah, this is the type of stuff we haven't seen at the Broncos in... forever.

It was a set play. It requires the half back to visualize the fullbacks engagement. He is clued on Dearden. Hope the young fella just keeps getting better as it seems this kid has that ability to create time with the ball in hand. He just doesn't look rushed.

Active Now

• cento
  • Morkel
  • NSW stables
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Maddy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.