Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It was Boyd's best game this season but he still missed crucial tackles. We're talking about the captain here. Our marquee international. The Broncos aren't the Footy Show where they say "good on ya mate" after some player does a bumbling interview.
He missed a tackle he shouldn't have been expected to make. Fix the front line of defense so your captain doesn't have to make unnecessary tackles in the first place. Meanwhile you're hyping Turpin who put us under far more pressure. No agenda there, McTroll.

Super impressed with Milf, Turpin, Boyd and Dearden.
Dearden’s talk is exactly what this team needs, the kid is going to be something special.
Thought the forward pack aimed up in the 2nd half, also helped by milfs kicking game.
Big test against the rorters next week, hopefully this spine can turn it up a gear or 2.
Didn’t think shiba added much, and I’d probably bring isaako back into the frame for next week - the roosters would tear that right hand apart especially with bird out.

You admitted my point though, that Boyd had a good game. I'd like to see the crucial missed tackles though. I can think of maybe one but I don't believe he could've done much in that scenario. I'm just happy for the win and an improvement in the team overall.

His defence is woeful. It was more than partly responsible for at least one try, possibly two. That's par, for him.

He's also unconvincing under the high ball. How many other players end up on their arse every time they take a bomb? He also fell over a few times. But we take that for granted.

Some great passes though. One in particular stands out. We need that from him.

He missed a tackle he shouldn't have been expected to make. Fix the front line of defense so your captain doesn't have to make unnecessary tackles in the first place. Meanwhile you're hyping Turpin who put us under far more pressure. No agenda there, McTroll.

Glass houses......

Last edited:
Not so fast mate......Shibasaki for mine, got better as the game wore on. Something about his body shape and the way he moves, I like.

Hasn't done enough to be dropped IMO.
Very hard to agree with you, what’s the reason to drop Isaako? Isaako has a great attitude and our GK. He got dropped because his form is poor compared to his last year which won him rookie of the year. But not poor compared to this Shi guy.

I’ve watched Shibasaki played last season and didn’t enjoy it at all. We need him not drop ball and defense well. But his first carry dropped the ball and eventually cause a try. His defense is poor too, let Manly winger run in like cutting butter.

Never watched this guy in lower grade, if he could behave in lower grade but always fucked up in NRL, I guess he’s no good to keep, his heart is just not strong enough. His appearance more suits an artist, he might find himself more talented in that.

Mrs McCullough, always a pleasure to have you here. How is your son coming along with his fish and chip venture?

Very hard to agree with you, what’s the reason to drop Isaako? Isaako has a great attitude and our GK. He got dropped because his form is poor compared to his last year which won him rookie of the year. But not poor compared to this Shi guy.

I’ve watched Shibasaki played last season and didn’t enjoy it at all. We need him not drop ball and defense well. But his first carry dropped the ball and eventually cause a try. His defense is poor too, let Manly winger run in like cutting butter.

Never watched this guy in lower grade, if he could behave in lower grade but always fucked up in NRL, I guess he’s no good to keep, his heart is just not strong enough. His appearance more suits an artist, he might find himself more talented in that.

Isaako IMO has been shit all year. If he hasn't been getting out of position and letting in tries.....he's been dropping the ball, cold.

His runs have been for the most part, ineffectual.

He doesn'r warrant reinstaement based on Shibasaki's performance tonight, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Glass houses......
You guys don't get it and probably never will. Calling people out for crucifying someone in numerous threads daily isn't the same as defending a player who is playing badly. I'd do the same for Milford if he was being unfairly chastised for other players mistakes. Enjoy your inevitable likes from the usual suspects though

His defence is woeful. It was more than partly responsible for at least one try, possibly two. That's par, for him.

He's also unconvincing under the high ball. How many other players end up on their arse every time they take a bomb? He also fell over a few times. But we take that for granted.

This post shows up your lack of footy knowledge. Boyd is one of the safest in the game under the high ball because of that falling on his technique.

Mrs McCullough, always a pleasure to have you here. How is your son coming along with his fish and chip venture?
It keeps him busy. It means he doesn't have to spend his Friday nights on the internet in Mrs McHunts basement trolling people.

All those bombs were spirals that are difficult to take, in this match he fell backwards but got straight back up afterwards and made meters. Would you rather a knock on?

You have your opinion, I have mine, that's cool. I just feel like you're bending the truth a little to suit your agenda in this scenario.

Boyd had a great game, the stats prove it.

Anyone got a replay of Milf's try? He throws the ball right into Cummins' face (unintentionally, unfortunately). Fucking legendary.

Good win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We played a depleted side with second rowers as centres. Confidence boosting but Roosters at home will see how we really are tested. We know the rooters will try and batter us up the middle.
Boyd played better but one game does not matter. Need to be consistent and against the top teams.
Turps looked good. Some penalties but thought was more threatening than Macca. Would like to see TPj in 2 stints. Haas is a freak. Offa had his best game and hope it's not an ACL for Bird. He has been one of our best. Dearden looks good but want him to take more control.
Would like more admin and offloads. Still predictable with our hitups.

You guys don't get it and probably never will. Calling people out for crucifying someone in numerous threads daily isn't the same as defending a player who is playing badly. I'd do the same for Milford if he was being unfairly chastised for other players mistakes. Enjoy your inevitable likes from the usual suspects though

Putting your obvious bias aside.....surely you could see a difference tonight. Turpin was nippy and creative.....and gave good service to his halves. He defended well all night. I reckon if Seggy could give him a breather for 10-15mins, we'd be on to a good thing.

I know it's early.......I know Manly were depleted........I'm not getting carried away. Conversely however, that was their first game together (Milford, Turpin and Deardon)....they can only improve, the more they play together.

McCullough coming back into the side, is a step backwards.

Is our right centre position cursed? I swear all the players that play their end up doing something bad with their knees (Hodgo, Roberts, Bird etc)

It keeps him busy. It means he doesn't have to spend his Friday nights on the internet in Mrs McHunts basement trolling people.

You sound so butthurt. Comes a time in every player's career when he has to step aside and let a young buck take over. That day has come for Andrew McCullough. Some say it came long ago.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.