Travis Waddell
Coach: Shane FlanaganCoach: Wayne Bennett
Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Devcich
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Ben Galea, Jason Robinson, Bernard Sutton
Kick-Off: 4:00pm
Broadcast: Channel 9 & Fox Sports 1

Last edited:
We'll have to be on for this one. Sharks are in great form and the loss of McC hurts us

We'll have to be on for this one. Sharks are in great form and the loss of McC hurts us
Likely no Blair as well. We'll be missing some steel in defence.

I reckon we can take it to them though.

Barba may be back in form but I think we can pressure him into crucial mistakes if we kick to him often and chase hard. Should be good for a few fumbles.

I know, I know.. The Sharks are the medias new favourite team this year. But come on, they've lost to the Cowboys and Manly and beaten teams like the Dragons, Storm, Tigers, Titans and Raiders. They have not been as good as some would make you think.

Plus Souths' grubbing and grinding means we'll be well practiced for when Cronulla turn it on.

Do we think Berrell/Wadell get a game or will we just run with Kikorima and have Glenn/McGuire play 9 when he gets a spell?

Waddell. Kodi will have us under pressure if he has to defend big minutes.

Gonna be tough without Mccullough and Blair.

Hopefully Joe-O is free to play and Alex Glenn is back.

Just throwing it out there and feel free to shoot me down. But could we play mcguire in the 9?

Bennett won't force mass positional changes due to one player being injured. .... you would expect him to replace Macca with either Burrell or Waddell

I don't think it would be a bad ploy to use McGuire in the hooker role for the opening 20-25 minutes or so, thereby protecting Nikorima from the opening exchanges, where he'd probably be targeted in defence to limit his attacking explosiveness. Nikorima can probably then handle playing the remaining 55-60 minutes. I think having another big body during the first twenty might be beneficial to limit the roll on by the large Sharks pack.

Off course, the other option is probably Waddell, in a way the Cowboys use Granville and Kostjasyn. Use Waddell for the tough defensive period to start the match and Nikorima can then come on and play the remaining match. That way he'd still be fresh and will be able to challenge the Sharks big forwards around the ruck with his speed out of dummy half.

I know, I know.. The Sharks are the medias new favourite team this year. But come on, they've lost to the Cowboys and Manly and beaten teams like the Dragons, Storm, Tigers, Titans and Raiders. They have not been as good as some would make you think.

The Sharks have beaten the Storm and their loss to the Cowboys was very unlucky. I've been thinking of the teams that I rate as good and the Sharks are definatley one of them. It will be a hard game to win there especially against Ennis without McCullogh. Looking really forward to the match up between Milford and Maloney they've been the best 2 five eighths this year.

I don't mind the idea of McGuire starting at Hooker and bringing Nikorima on at about the 30 minute mark and have him play the last 50.

Assuming Glenn is back and Blair is suspended.

8. Wallace
9. McGuire
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Ofahengaue
15. Ese'ese
16. Pangai / Arrow
17. Nikorima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Scorchie
  • Bish
  • Broncs1459
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Wendall Taylor
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • ozzball
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.