10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
I've never really taken any notice of Waddell in previous NRL matches. He seems to have a pretty bad rep among fans though.

What do people make of him and/or how has he been playing recently?

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
I've never really taken any notice of Waddell in previous NRL matches. He seems to have a pretty bad rep among fans though.

He pretty good in defence, put a shoulder into one of the grub burgess which is a plus to me

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Waddell is solid. Good defender, service is OK from what I have seen.

Good solid backup hooker, but no superstar which always puts Broncos fans off.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Personally i don't rate him as NRL quality. i think we are far better off giving some of our young guys a go

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'd be very surprised if Waddell wasn't starting.

Would like to see Nikorima start a few games in McCullough's absence though. He's paid his dues off the bench and deserves a few run on appearances. Just not this week against Cronulla..

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Personally i don't rate him as NRL quality. i think we are far better off giving some of our young guys a go

The problem is there are no young guys that are ready. Waddell has been there and done it.

Another option is Glenn to Hooker and start with Thaiday. Niko stays on the bench.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
The problem is there are no young guys that are ready. Waddell has been there and done it.

Another option is Glenn to Hooker and start with Thaiday. Niko stays on the bench.
I'm inclined to think we'll use Waddell. He's got some experience behind him, and this is precisely why we have him on the books.

Nikorima did pretty well this week with increased minutes. If we use Waddell through the earlier parts of each half, we'll probably be able to make it work.

It's potentially missing both Macca and Blair that makes me anxious. That will significantly weaken us defensively through the middle.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Blair could be banned for up to five weeks - News - SportsFan
ADAM BLAIR POSSIBLE MATCH REVIEW CHARGE

* A grade one careless high tackle carries 75 demerit points. Add 50 per cent loading and 59 demerit points to that and Blair will serve a week's suspension.
* A grade two careless charge, which carries a base charge of 125 points, would ban Blair for two weeks.
* A grade three careless high tackle charge, with a base of 175 points, would out Blair for three matches.
* A grade one reckless high tackle charge earns 300 demerit points, tipping him to over 500 points with loading and carry over points. A grade two reckless high tackle would also ban Blair for five matches
* A grade one intentional high tackle earns 550 demerit points, 275 points loading to push the possible suspension to seven matches.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
This is the game where we need to take the 2. Keep infringing we'll keep taking the 2

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
The fact Bennett recruited Waddell from Canberra to the Knights, and then brought him with him to the Broncos, makes me think Bennett has a higher opinion of him than most of you guys have of him.

I think he is up to NRL standard, and at the Raiders, I felt he looked a promising prospect when he came through the NYC into first grade but never really kicked on as expected. Obviously circumstances in recent years haven't given him many opportunities in the top grade, but he is a solid all round player, and will more than likely be able to do whatever Bennett asks of him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Unless the Broncos can find a different camera angle that proves Blair's innocence, the judiciary will back the MRC's view.

If he cops a Grade 1, the Broncos will just have to cop it. Anymore and then it's time to start talking about precedence and get the judiciary to wake up to themselves because it wasn't that bad.

Either way, I see Thaiday pushing to prop with Alex Glenn coming on as an edge backrow.

Waddell in as starting hooker. I understand the hesitance and often agree it's better to go with a new face rather than a proven failure. However, Waddell has shown he can handle the defensive workload and at least deserves the opportunity.

Outside of that, I'd keep the same side that's gotten the job done for us 7/8 times this season. I'm excited to see how they'll go on a Sunday afternoon. Shark Park is a tough place to travel to so the Broncos should be chuffed with the two points anyway they can get them.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If Blair gets 5 weeks, I'll see it as nothing short of a veiled attempt by the NRL to drag us back to the rest of the pack to make the competition look less dominated by 2 sides. That would be a ridiculous punishment for what was a pretty innocuous hit.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I doubt he'll even get a week.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
It'll be a tough ask for the boys to win this, seeing as I'll be going and we haven't won a Sydney game I've attended in years.

And yes, last year was my first broncos GF attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.