Rugby league Q and A

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Pretty much a thread where someone asks a rugby league question and the next poster answers their question and then asks another question and someone answers it.

We can still have some good off season talk

I'll start off

Was Matt Bowen unlucky with representative selectors?

Nope. Great player but played in an era of awesome fullbacks.

If the Cowboys didn't win this year, was their window closed?

Nope. Great player but played in an era of awesome fullbacks.

the next poster answers their question and then asks another question and someone answers it.

images%2Farticle%2F2013%2F06%2F05%2Fii7L0MTlX6Q58.gif

Damn, Morkel actually asked a question.

Would the Cows premiership window have closed? Let's say if Blair tackles JT on the last play, then yes, I believe that would have been it for the JT era. I like the look of their current crop coming through the grades and believe they'll be a force through out the 2010s and 2020s but for the time being, I believe they'd be in that transitional phase the Broncos were in from 2009-2014.

Where will Parramatta finish next year?

Last edited:
images%2Farticle%2F2013%2F06%2F05%2Fii7L0MTlX6Q58.gif

Damn, Morkel actually asked a question.

Would the Cows premiership window have closed? Let's say if Blair tackles JT on the last play, then yes, I believe that would have been it for the JT era. I like the look of their current crop coming through the grades and believe they'll be a force through out the 2010s and 2020s but for the time being, I believe they'd be in that transitional phase the Broncos were in from 2009-2014.

Where will Parramatta finish next year?

Just outside the 8. Foran will have them play direct and give them some stability but to much trash surrounding him to consider them making the 8 for mine. Also, I still don't get the Brad Arthur hype, nothing he has done makes him seem anymore than an Anthony Griffin standard coach.

Will the Titans finish any higher than 12th?

Last edited:
no , I cannot see that happening . They have lost their half and their captain .

Which is the next club to be embroiled in a scandal .

Whoever the media decides it wants to target. Most of it is so trivial, media makes it bigger than what it is.

What happens if Brisbane fail to make the 8 next year? Does this become a place calling for Bennett's head?

Whoever the media decides it wants to target. Most of it is so trivial, media makes it bigger than what it is.

What happens if Brisbane fail to make the 8 next year? Does this become a place calling for Bennett's head?

Absolutely. Barring a catastrophic injury toll, we have no reason not to contend. Hodges retiring is the only major omission, and I don't think we'll miss him that much.

Who will get the spoon?

Absolutely. Barring a catastrophic injury toll, we have no reason not to contend. Hodges retiring is the only major omission, and I don't think we'll miss him that much.

Who will get the spoon?
I'd back the Tigers for the spoon.
will the reduced interchange have a positive effect on the game?

I'd back the Tigers for the spoon.
will the reduced interchange have a positive effect on the game?

It will absolutely have a positive affect on the game, if, and it's a big if, the refs actually follow through with the rule changes.

I think it will bring the little guys into the game and take rugby league but to what was good about it before the wrestle and big fat forwards capable of ten minute stints started to rule.

If the refs keep the game flowing and don't let coaches use spooling tactics to slow the play down so the fatianos of the game can get a breather it will be great. Unfortunately I am tipping by round 5 the refs will have forgotten about it and it will be business as usual, just with 2 less interchanges.

First coach to be sacked?

It will absolutely have a positive affect on the game, if, and it's a big if, the refs actually follow through with the rule changes.

I think it will bring the little guys into the game and take rugby league but to what was good about it before the wrestle and big fat forwards capable of ten minute stints started to rule.

If the refs keep the game flowing and don't let coaches use spooling tactics to slow the play down so the fatianos of the game can get a breather it will be great. Unfortunately I am tipping by round 5 the refs will have forgotten about it and it will be business as usual, just with 2 less interchanges.

First coach to be sacked?

Taylor from the Tigers. Particularly if Farah stays, I can't see the two reconciling their differences at this stage.

That particular drama aside, Taylor hasn't been able to get consistent results from his team, whether marching to his beat, or playing to their strengths.

Which player will be the biggest point of controversy off the field? Aka, the Greg Bird award.

It's pretty hard to go past Greg Bird himself .

Will the video review bunker system improve the quality of the video ref decisions or will it be same old same old?

Improvement wouldn't be hard to achieve. some decisions in 2015 were bewildering, and indicated the ref3 eyes were painted on.

Will we see tinkering with rosters to accommodate the new interchange rules, if so when?

Improvement wouldn't be hard to achieve. some decisions in 2015 were bewildering, and indicated the ref3 eyes were painted on.

Will we see tinkering with rosters to accommodate the new interchange rules, if so when?

Absolutely, timing will depend on who you have in your squad and whether or not you have the capacity to tinker without spending

Will the Broncos finish top 4?

Absolutely, timing will depend on who you have in your squad and whether or not you have the capacity to tinker without spending

Will the Broncos finish top 4?
I'd be surprised if we didn't finish top 4, for starters I can see the other top 3, Roosters and Cowboys, struggling to get into the top 4. I can see the team being as hungry as ever after the heartbreak of that loss and with McGuire back, a hopefully fit and firing Gavet, and another year of experience and combinations, I expect us to go one better.

Are the Melbourne Storm a spent force?

Absolutely not. They will still be dominant for years.

Why do people think Brisbane making the final is such a sure bet?

Absolutely not. They will still be dominant for years.

Why do people think Brisbane making the final is such a sure bet?

I don't think they do, i think they realise how hard it is to make the final, I like to think of it as "hopeful optimism". I believe that what Bennett has been able to do in his first season back in charge has given people confidence that with another pre-season and some more hard work, we can go that one step further in 2016.

Which player will have their breakout year in 2016?

Barring injuries we should be even better than this year, it's what Bennett had planned and the scars off the loss should see them have their eyes on the prize making the regular season a prerequisite top four finish.

Get those home finals and do it all over again, we won't bottle it twice.

Every season two teams drop out of the top eight from the previous season, who misses it and who replaces them in 2016?

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • Spoon
  • broncsgoat
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • BroncosMan
  • Dazza 92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • teampjta
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.