Rugby Union World Cup 2011

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Alright it's creeping up on us fast so we need a thread!

Who do you predict will take it out?

As much as i want to see the Wallabies take it, Would be awesome for Brad Thorn to have a World Cup win under his belt, Bloke has done everything else in both league and Union.

So All Blacks it is for me.

*Also, Union haters don't bother posting just to say its shit. Make another thread for that.

All Blacks ALWAYS choke in the World Cup. At home it's even more certain.

England by plenty.

Given the way the Reds are playing at the moment, I can see the Wallabies fluking it.

Always funny to see the All blecks choke but I think they deserve the win this time.

Forza Italia!!!

Come on Fiji!

Love watching the minnow nations give it their best.

draggx said:
Alright it's creeping up on us fast so we need a thread!

Who do you predict will take it out?

As much as i want to see the Wallabies take it, Would be awesome for Brad Thorn to have a World Cup win under his belt, Bloke has done everything else in both league and Union.

So All Blacks it is for me.

*Also, Union haters don't bother posting just to say its shit. Make another thread for that.

Hasn't Brad Thorn retired from international Rugby?

Nah, its after this world cup that he retires.

Wow he just keeps going [icon_lol1.

I have no idea who is a chance of winning, but I'm hoping to see some flashy rugby with a few tries scored. The world cup is about the only time I take an interest in Union tbh.

Thorn is a machine, i have no doubt he could still crack it in first grade league as well.

draggx said:
Thorn is a machine, i have no doubt he could still crack it in first grade league as well.

Severely doubt that. He left at the right time.

The pace of the game has reached another level since he went back to rugby union.

ningnangnong said:
draggx said:

The pace of the game has reached another level since he went back to rugby union.

If Tronc can play first grade, I don't see why Thorn couldn't [icon_razz1

draggx said:
ningnangnong said:
draggx said:

If Tronc can play first grade, I don't see why Thorn couldn't [icon_razz1

But Tronc CAN'T play first grade :P

RWC2011Pools.jpg

Pool B looks the weakest. England should top that easily.

NZ are the biggest risk of not topping their pool imo. I mean SBW left the field for a cut between his fingers the other day, Can't imagine how long he would be out for if he actually hurt himself.

draggx said:
NZ are the biggest risk of not topping their pool imo. I mean SBW left the field for a cut between his fingers the other day, Can't imagine how long he would be out for if he actually hurt himself.

Yeah, France is a quality team. However, NZ are usually pretty dominant in pool games at WCs. It's when the elimination games come they fall in a heap.

Top 2 go through to the QFs I imagine. Only doubtful ones would be Argentina/Scotland, and maybe Ireland/Italy. Can't see Fiji being consistent over 4 80 minute matches to push ahead of Wales. No way Tonga can compete with France and NZ.

So essentially the first 40 matches in the preliminary rounds are meaningless, barring matches between Argentina and Scotland, Ireland and Italy, Fiji and Wales. Much like the cricket and rugby league world cups really. Unless there's a major upset and a minnow beats NZ, France, Australia, England or South Africa.

Here's hoping Argentina can go far again. It's awesome seeing an underdog do so well.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • kman
  • broncs30
  • BroncosAlways
  • armchair
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Brocko
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.