Rugby Union World Cup 2011

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
A question for genuine union fans:

What are your thoughts on the skill level in both games?

In my opinion, league has it all over union in 3 out of 4 basic skills - passing, running and tackling - while union obviously wins the kicking war. But then, I'm biased and I know it, and I also don't watch that many union games.

I'm honestly interested in the thoughts of people who love both games equally(ish).

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
In terms of tackling, I think union forwards have a better textbook technique in terms of hitting the attacker around the waist and driving them back.

However, in saying that, union forwards make far fewer tackles than their league counterparts. Plus, there's the whole 10m thing in league - ball carriers can build a lot more momentum and have a lot more room to move in before they hit the line as opposed to the union forwards, who are pretty much just jog slowly into the defence.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I am going for France in the Final.

Not that I will be watching it. 2 games were enough to bore me to sleep.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Well that's the game for Cooper :(

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That's his career IMO. Doesn't have the mental toughness to recover from the injury and how bad he was this tournament

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
That's his career IMO. Doesn't have the mental toughness to recover from the injury and how bad he was this tournament

Yep if you get injured during a bad run of games that's ya career. I know you had Union/Cooper and all but that is a stupid statement.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm looking at the individual. He's a mental midget. He'll crumble.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ROFL. Blatant forward pass in Wales try let go. Great pass from *** O'Connor called forward. NRL referees there?

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Lets be honest Cooper is a over-rated.

When Australia wanted him to step up, he FAILED.

He is a :loser:

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Saw it on the news, he was lucky hodges wasn't playing for wales he would have been smashed ;)

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.