RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'd rather we didn't decimate our current roster to sign someone who's clearly past their prime, I mean, it'd probably be a reasonable investment for like 1 or maybe 2 seasons if he's committed to playing centre, I just don't see how it's worth the money.. We'd be far better off re-signing all of our off-contract players I think.

Edit: Could someone copy paste the entire article please

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
You are right we don't need him and if Wayne is looking for a centre to replace Reed, I would groom Marion Seve to take his spot, the kid is a gun.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Please don't let it be like the end of 2008 where we let our whole forward pack go.

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit, no way we could fit him in after the form everyone has shown - when the time comes the pressure will start squeezing people out.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Personally I don't think we need him based on the fact he would be a little bit wasted parked out in the centres. He wouldn't be fullback with Boyd, he wouldn't be five-eighth with Milford, and although he was among the best centres in the world when he played there, I just feel for his price tag, its probably not worth letting go crucial players from our current squad to accommodate him.

But if he where to come up to the Broncos, it'd be under one condition only, and that is to lose some weight. Even if he doesn't end up here, as a fan, I still feel he'd be better with a little less weight.

Since he left Melbourne, I feel as if he is playing well above his ideal playing weight. He's almost too big. He's not fulfilling his potential and talent by opting to be a battering ram by trying to run over blokes rather than run around them with his pace. If he leans down a bit, he'll regain some speed, and I think it'll take less toll on his knees and the rest of his body. He has always been strong in the upper body, but I think he is at his best whenever he's been leaner, rather than outright huge.

Although I must admit, the thought of Milford to Inglis is certainly an upgrade on Milford to Reed. That would be a mouth watering combination and based on our preference to predominantly attack down the left side, he would score or set up Oates almost every touch of the ball.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
opting to be a battering ram by trying to run over blokes rather than run around them with his pace.

He's been doing this for years now, I don't think he's got the knees anymore to go back to the way he used to play.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Not at the expense of Gillett and probably more.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Has anybone thought that the reason Gillett is considering moving on is because Reed is being forced out?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Has anybone thought that the reason Gillett is considering moving on is because Reed is being forced out?

I know they're friends, but that's just plain silly if that's even a quarter of the reason he's testing the market. I'm sure he's well aware that Reed isn't good at Rugby League anymore.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I know they're friends, but that's just plain silly if that's even a quarter of the reason he's testing the market. I'm sure he's well aware that Reed isn't good at Rugby League anymore.

Players always look at the offers they receive from rival clubs ... if for nothing else it allows them a stronger negotiating position with their current club

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
And also, as much as Buzz is a wanker and commonly wrong, when he says something with this much confidence, I'm kinda worried. He was the only person during the Roberts saga that said 100% from the start that he's signing with us, even while Mole and co. said he was heading to Souths. Don't be surprised if this is true.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
We don't need to sign players, we just need to the ones we have and the ones coming through.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm all for Reed being forced from the main 17, but there have to be better options than spending huge money on Inglis.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Reed has had a few bad games this season but I'm willing to give him a few more weeks before I start calling for his head.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Reed has had a few bad games this season but I'm willing to give him a few more weeks before I start calling for his head.

not to mention the first half of last season and the 2 full seasons before that

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Well, reed is our weakest link at the moment, replacing him with a current Aus rep is an upgrade. GI is cooked at fb with his knees, but he should be fantastic at centre - hodgo's body was in far worse condition.

Edit: we 100% win the gf last year with gi. We have Pangai Jr. and ese as insurance if Gillet goes, but I think we'll be able to keep him with Parker most probably going to retire in a year or two.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Alec
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.