RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

If I was Souths I'd call his bluff, he doesn't really have that much bargaining power anymore, he's coming to the end of his career, the Broncos don't need him and Wayne won't pay top dollar.

If he wants dollars let him go to Gold Coast to finish his career off on a real high.

I think its a stretch to say GI doesn't have much bargaining power any more, He is still in the top echelon of players and will be up until he retires. He's still going to be under 30 when he signs his next contract, and as history shows, elite players push into their low to mid 30s and still play quality footy if they look after themselves.I'm sure he'll find a top club if souths don't want him.

Yeah I'm thinking that if Roberts didn't fall in our lap that this whole GI thing might have come to fruition probably by now... The rumours have been around for a while which usually means there is some truth there and was probably on the cards, but Roberts turns up and now there's no need for GI.

Even if Roberts didn't fall in our lap we had Copley.

I think its a stretch to say GI doesn't have much bargaining power any more, He is still in the top echelon of players and will be up until he retires. He's still going to be under 30 when he signs his next contract, and as history shows, elite players push into their low to mid 30s and still play quality footy if they look after themselves.I'm sure he'll find a top club if souths don't want him.

If he was the missing piece to a potential premiership then yes but for us he is not that so why would we bother. Better to secure our future then cherry pick the player we need when the time is right.

Hey Daniel...What's your thoughts on GI to Broncos now mate...Brain snaps and a bunged knee...

My own opinion wants Valentine Holmes mate for numerous reasons...Can have a wing outside jimmy. No more going through whos best for it. He can also take over kicking duties from Parker. Also offers a future FB to replace boyd when he slows down.
As for G.I i do agree his knee isnt good but Reed is just as injury prone. Not up to date with latest with him. I suppose these things always changing.

My own opinion wants Valentine Holmes mate for numerous reasons...Can have a wing outside jimmy. No more going through whos best for it. He can also take over kicking duties from Parker. Also offers a future FB to replace boyd when he slows down.
As for G.I i do agree his knee isnt good but Reed is just as injury prone. Not up to date with latest with him. I suppose these things always changing.

Had a childish little giggle to myself

Re G.I Souths are putting big pressure on him to stay. Just a little update. We already know he got knocked back twice to get early release. Will drag on all year or at least to origin.
If Gillett leaves probably a good sign of where this situation is headed.

head-desk-bartlett.gif

Re G.I Souths are putting big pressure on him to stay. Just a little update. We already know he got knocked back twice to get early release. Will drag on all year or at least to origin.

Omg Daniel please let it go. Do you really want him here. He's too busted up now!

Can we assume that your updates will drag on for this length of time too?

If you had followed the beginning 2 players had to leave to accomodate him. Reed and a backrower Gillett. I believe your starting to get updated by the media now and have been by the purchase of Tevita Pangai Junior and Timu.

Reed and Gillett for Inglis would be a stupid trade.

There is a big part of me that was massively disappointed he didn't actual slot the field goal. It would have been amazing to watch him celebrate a 1 point loss.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Behold
  • bb_gun
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.