RUMOR: Hoffman luring Gagai back to Brisbane post 2015

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/hoffman-wants-cousin-gagai-back-at-brisbane-13006/

Three months after requesting a release from the Broncos, Josh Hoffman is now so content he has turned recruiter urging Brisbane’s hierarchy to bring his cousin Dane Gagai back to Red Hill.
Hoffman’s father and Gagai’s mother are siblings, which explains why the Broncos pivot took it to heart when Gagai was axed by coach Anthony Griffin two years ago.
The infringements were only minor but Gagai’s impact at the Newcastle Knights has been major, impressing Queensland selectors with his speed, defence and line-breaking power.
The Knights last year handed Gagai an upgraded deal keeping him at the club until the end of 2015. Hoffman is also off-contract in the same year, but after sorting out his differences with the Broncos, he hopes to reunite with Gagai in the Brisbane backline.

The timing would be perfect, I have to admit. You would think the end of next year, Hodgeo will be thinking about hanging up the boots, and I can't think of a better replacement for him than Gagai. Young, fast, has resolved his disciplinary problems.....

Of course, this notion involves Hoffman sticking around, which if he hasn't been moved out of 5/8th by then, I'm not really happy about.

I read that article earlier today and while I'm sure the assumption could be made, Hoffman mentioned he would love to reunite with Gagai but I don't recall him saying anywhere in the article that meant AT the Broncos.

If you want to have 2 turnstiles at centre, then sure, let's bring him back...

I was kind of miffed we let him go, but not so sure I'd want him back.

Also, I'd wager Hoffman won't be playing for us beyond this year, given he's unlikely to play FB or in the halves. Love for him to stick around on the wing, but I don't see it happening.

Gagai plays on the right. Hunt would be passing to him. And Gagai is going to be all class in attack.

reckon Gay-guy would be pretty pleased to get back here if it meant he never had to be scouted / checked as hard as he was by Reed and co. on friday night ...

Gagai plays on the right. Hunt would be passing to him. And Gagai is going to be all class in attack.

Gagai's defensive weaknesses aren't going away ......in fact, I think they're getting worse.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Kev_Guz
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.