RUMOUR: Cherry Evans and Foran

Is it just me or is DCE injured a lot?

I don't watch games much unless Brisbane are playing and maybe he's just had a bad run recently

Gotta disagree with you again AP, if given the choice I would take Foran over DCE. Still I am happy with our halves now

Really? Now I am a huge fan of Foran, mostly because I love watching the way he plays, but he's easily a tier or two below DCE. Besides, DCE would bring organisation, which neither Hunt or Milford adequately provide.

well yeh, i never said it was feasible or even possible, but to suggest it wouldnt be a better combo is nuts

1012.gif

Really? Now I am a huge fan of Foran, mostly because I love watching the way he plays, but he's easily a tier or two below DCE. Besides, DCE would bring organisation, which neither Hunt or Milford adequately provide.
This season DCE seemed to do quite a bit of running around in circles, more happy to have Hunt to be honest. I think his improvement might overshadow DCE shortly so I think Foran hypothetically of course would be the better fit.

IMO this is just another media pot-boiler ... and we're covered in the halves for ages ... I'll tell you why in one word ... Nikorima

IMO this is just another media pot-boiler ... and we're covered in the halves for ages ... I'll tell you why in one word ... Nikorima

If Milford and Hunt perform well in the halves, i expect one of the Nikorima brothers to leave for an opportunity. especially after another club (probably the Raiders) drives a dump truck full of money to his house.

DCE was playing severly injured for the large majority of this season you have to remember. He should not have played origin, and in fact he should have had about 2-3 months off during the season but refused because he didn't want to let the team down. Instead he ended up probably costing QLD the series, and just had a generally bad season because of the injury.

2014 is not indicative of how good a player he is. He has already proven to be up there with the best in the game. 1 injury plagued season doesn't change that. Sort of like another player the Broncos just let go.

1 injury plagued season doesn't change that. Sort of like another player the Broncos just let go.

An injury in the 9's followed by him playing every single game for the Broncos in 2014 doesn't really count as injury plagued I'm afraid.

Perhaps we could say.. slightly affected by off-season surgery and a minor ankle sprain in the pre-season.

An injury in the 9's followed by him playing every single game for the Broncos in 2014 doesn't really count as injury plagued I'm afraid.

Perhaps we could say.. slightly affected by off-season surgery and a minor ankle sprain in the pre-season.
So I guess Cherry Evans wasn't injured either then since he played nearly every game? Good one lol. Players play injured all the time, and Barba and Cherry Evans both played most of the season with injuries that should have kept them out. Barba probably only needed 2-3 weeks off to get it right, but didn't take any so it never got better.

Porthoz, I won't drag it off topic anymore even though Unbreakable is the one trying to bait me into it.

On topic - anyone who turns down even attempting to recruit DCE has rocks in their head. Hunt is going great guns, but when our other half is an established fullback there shouldn't even be a question about getting DCE and moving Milford back to his best position.

DCE is a great half back, but to be world class he needs to leading the QLD SOO and/or Australian teams around the park as their representative No 7. That means ousting Cooper Cronck for the gig. Plus withold the challenge from guys like Ben Hunt.

It is one of those things that looks good on paper but not really going to ahve the same effect in real life...

We have only now scratched the potential of Ben Hunt as a half back, DCE less so, so im all for Bennett to have time to influence his game and see the results personally..?

So I guess Cherry Evans wasn't injured either then since he played nearly every game? Good one lol. Players play injured all the time, and Barba and Cherry Evans both played most of the season with injuries that should have kept them out. Barba probably only needed 2-3 weeks off to get it right, but didn't take any so it never got better.

Nah.. DCE had heaps of different injuries during the year that had him in doubt for several games.

Barba didn't have a single set back during the year.. and he had nearly a month between the 9's and the season opener to rest his ankle up. I'm willing to give him a pass for the first month or two of the season because of his ankle, but anything after that would just be fabricating an excuse for his form I think.

Maybe other teams. But the Broncos? Is he worth $600k more than Hunt? $600k more than Boyd? $500k more than Milford?

$1M is definitely too much for ANY player that's not as valuable as about 3 players in one playin in a key position (so only just Smith, Thurston and Hayne).

I'd definitely sign him right now for 600-650K though.

Frankly, I'm worried that while Hunt and Milford will probably completely destroy the weaker teams, the lack of structure and organisation will really hurt us against the good ones.

Last edited:
$1M is definitely too much for ANY player that's not as valuable as about 3 players in one playin in a key position (so only just Smith, Thurston and Hayne).

I'd definitely sign him right now for 600-650K though.

Frankly, I'm worried that while Hunt and Milford will probably completely destroy the weaker teams, the lack of structure and organisation will really hurt us against the good ones.

600-650k is just fanciful. He will get that and more at manly so why would he leave for that money?

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redux
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Porthoz
  • theshed
  • mitch222
  • Tmac
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.