[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

Why not go for Todd Carney instead? Sandow was worth a punt on a rock bottom contract when this thread opened, but not now.

It sounds like we're going for Taylor regardless. If Niko performs well this year I would move Boyd to centre and one of either Milf (not going to happen) or Niko to FB.
Wayne Bennett has already publicly ruled out Todd Carney.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I would happily take a fit sharp Sandow any day of the week. He a great player but has never put in the hard yards at training or on the field. If Bennett can get him 100% fit he could be our Halfback next year with Niko to bench.
He will be 29 in January, and he still doesnt get it. What makes you think he is ever going to? He is like a shorter, fatter Dave Taylor. Bags of ability, no application. Even Bennett couldnt get Taylor going, so i'd say he also has no chance with Sandow.

Porthoz

International Captain
If there's one thing I have faith in when it comes to Wayne, is his ability to get players to focus and be the best professionals they can be. If anyone would be able to get the best out of Sandow, it would be Bennett.

However, he competes with David Taylor in the amount of talent going to waste, and in both cases, I think attitude is only part of the problem... the rest may just be not much to work with in terms of IQ.

Allo

NRL Captain
If there's one thing I have faith in when it comes to Wayne, is his ability to get players to focus and be the best professionals they can be. If anyone would be able to get the best out of Sandow, it would be Bennett.

However, he competes with David Taylor in the amount of talent going to waste, and in both cases, I think attitude is only part of the problem... the rest may just be not much to work with in terms of IQ.
DT just has the brain of a half instead of a forward. I think the attitude is a byproduct of that.

Sproj

International Rep
Sandra is definitely a good option IF and only if he is the back up half on a base wage. Any other deal is not worth even considering.

Alec

International Rep
I would happily take a fit sharp Sandow any day of the week. He a great player but has never put in the hard yards at training or on the field. If Bennett can get him 100% fit he could be our Halfback next year with Niko to bench.
Great player? Sandow at his best wasn't even particularly good IMO. Don't see how he could in any way be an upgrade over Nikorima.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Yea why would we want anyone with a kicking game like that it wouldn’t make sense.
Don't let the highlight reels fool you. As I said before, they don't show the bad bits.

His kicking game is a lot like Hunt's, sometimes good but mostly bad and just hurts the team he is playing on.

For a full picture on just how erratic and terrible Sandow is the vast majority of the time, watch the whole games instead of the highlights.

Not even Bennett can save Sandow. He has showed this season he still has a piss poor attitude. Couldn't even get through a whole season in the QLD Cup.

Thelmus

QCup Player
Unless he's been a great player, or going to be, there's no point in signing them. Stick with knik or someone else who can develop in the role. Hopefully some of our young halves show something next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter