[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

No to Sandow. All about himself and not the team. What did he do last night to help his team that was not ultimately about his own glory.
His selfishness might have worked last night but it won't more often than not

Sound bites! You're off your head. When are you blokes going to realise that Hunt has yet been able to organise a pack of forwards or backline all year. Remember that Sandow only had Norman outside him (who we let go without a replacement).

It appears neither Porthoz or Big Pete has never played the game (so your silly opinions can be excused) but you probably don't understand one of the roles of a good half back is to organise the forwards and bark instructions. I was at the game last night and could see Sandow doing it most of the night. Hunt hardly talked on field, and if he did, they must have been whispers.

Sandow took the line on, organised his forwards, was calling guys inside an outside him making defenders second guess themselves. Yes he kick the ball out on the full and but a crap chip kick in but he asked questions of our defence which is something Hunt failed to do. Should I remind you that Hunt dropped about 4 balls in the last 5 minutes.

Hunts best best plays this year have centred around blindside plays. Everything else has been sub par

Wally Lewis, you know the guy they call The King? He reckons Gillett is top player, and by his own admission "would have him in my team every day of the week".

No to Sandow. All about himself and not the team. What did he do last night to help his team that was not ultimately about his own glory.

My argument exactly. The chip kick on their first play confirmed it.

Barba was shite because he never received decent ball from Hunt or Hoffman. Hayne could only do what he did because of the work done by Sandow.

Barba was at his worse when it came to his kick returns and catching, Hunt/Hoffman didn't do the kicking for the Eels.

Wally Lewis, you know the guy they call The King? He reckons Gillett is top player, and by his own admission "would have him in my team every day of the week".

he also rates Reed very highly and while a commentator spews more verbal diarrhoea than most. 'The King' is painful to listen to.

he also rates Reed very highly and while a commentator spews more verbal diarrhoea than most. 'The King' is painful to listen to.

I'm not saying i like the king at all, I was just responding to the silly "you haven't played the game so you don't understand attitude".

If Sandow played his best every game he is undoubtedly capable of more than Hunt/Hoffman. However, his attitude stinks. Although I have many times been frustrated with Ben Hunt making some of the stupidest errors I have ever seen, the guy has a really great attitude and is very loyal. He is the exact opposite to Sandow. I say keep Sandow as far away as possible!

My argument exactly. The chip kick on their first play confirmed it.

I laughed when he did that. Later on he did the exact opposite and kicked it in touch from 35 out instead of an attacking kick (Brad Arthur's reaction was hilarious). Sandow is up and down like a fiddler's elbow. He is like a little kid always trying to test the limits of what he is allowed to do.

Sandow is really exciting to watch, but not if he is on your team :). He is selfish and does take a lot of risks, which in a way, is refreshing for the NRL these days.

I laughed when he did that. Later on he did the exact opposite and kicked it in touch from 35 out instead of an attacking kick (Brad Arthur's reaction was hilarious). Sandow is up and down like a fiddler's elbow. He is like a little kid always trying to test the limits of what he is allowed to do.

Brain-Fart personified.

Gillett to Q-Cup.

Will never get old.

The Chris Sandow rumor has re-appeared, anybody heard anything on the grapevine about it? The departure of Ben Hunt Sandow wouldn't hurt to have as another spare halfback. He's had his issues Sandow, but if offered a bargain basement contract the risk wouldn't be that great. Wayne Bennett is a big fan of Sandow's game as well.

"SANDOW COMEBACK A CHANCE

DON’T be surprised if former South Sydney Rabbitohs and Parramatta Eels halfback Chris Sandow makes an NRL comeback next year. Despite his off-field issues, Sandow has never been banned by the NRL.

The 28-year-old played in the Koori knockout last weekend and is planning to play in the Queensland Cup next season. There is talk the Broncos might be interested now that Ben Hunt has gone to St George Illawarra and Benji Marshall to the Wests Tigers.

It would be interesting to see if Wayne Bennett could get him back to his best.

Another Sydney-based club has also made discreet inquiries in recent weeks."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/54bebf0c6b2abf17a273a071a04da98c

I do know that he was in Brisbane 2 weeks back.

Last edited:
Getting a bit bothered that we are becoming an unofficial rehab centre for disaffected footy players ... they come, we fix 'em on a cheap contract then they chase the bucks elsewhere ... everyone deserves a second chance and it's not like me to be so cynical but a bit of a pattern seems to be developing and it bugs me somewhat.

It’s what Bennett does, and he makes a difference to bloke’s lives. I’m alright with that.
Totally agree mate, I just get a bit concerned when we put time and resources into guys like TauTau and Herman etc without getting the benefit of their revival. I can't blame them a bit for taking up the deals at the Knights, it's more the effect it has on continuity at the Broncs. It is what it is I guess.

Stick with Nik. No point investing in a one year contract,it would just take a years worth of experience away from Kodi.

I would happily take a fit sharp Sandow any day of the week. He a great player but has never put in the hard yards at training or on the field. If Bennett can get him 100% fit he could be our Halfback next year with Niko to bench.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.