[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

DropBear

NYC Player
Brisbane
If Sandow played his best every game he is undoubtedly capable of more than Hunt/Hoffman. However, his attitude stinks. Although I have many times been frustrated with Ben Hunt making some of the stupidest errors I have ever seen, the guy has a really great attitude and is very loyal. He is the exact opposite to Sandow. I say keep Sandow as far away as possible!

DropBear

NYC Player
Brisbane
My argument exactly. The chip kick on their first play confirmed it.
I laughed when he did that. Later on he did the exact opposite and kicked it in touch from 35 out instead of an attacking kick (Brad Arthur's reaction was hilarious). Sandow is up and down like a fiddler's elbow. He is like a little kid always trying to test the limits of what he is allowed to do.

DropBear

NYC Player
Brisbane
No to Sandow. All about himself and not the team. What did he do last night to help his team that was not ultimately about his own glory.
His selfishness might have worked last night but it won't more often than not
Sandow is really exciting to watch, but not if he is on your team :). He is selfish and does take a lot of risks, which in a way, is refreshing for the NRL these days.

Morkel

International Captain
I laughed when he did that. Later on he did the exact opposite and kicked it in touch from 35 out instead of an attacking kick (Brad Arthur's reaction was hilarious). Sandow is up and down like a fiddler's elbow. He is like a little kid always trying to test the limits of what he is allowed to do.
Brain-Fart personified.

The Chris Sandow rumor has re-appeared, anybody heard anything on the grapevine about it? The departure of Ben Hunt Sandow wouldn't hurt to have as another spare halfback. He's had his issues Sandow, but if offered a bargain basement contract the risk wouldn't be that great. Wayne Bennett is a big fan of Sandow's game as well.

"SANDOW COMEBACK A CHANCE

DON’T be surprised if former South Sydney Rabbitohs and Parramatta Eels halfback Chris Sandow makes an NRL comeback next year. Despite his off-field issues, Sandow has never been banned by the NRL.

The 28-year-old played in the Koori knockout last weekend and is planning to play in the Queensland Cup next season. There is talk the Broncos might be interested now that Ben Hunt has gone to St George Illawarra and Benji Marshall to the Wests Tigers.

It would be interesting to see if Wayne Bennett could get him back to his best.

Another Sydney-based club has also made discreet inquiries in recent weeks."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/54bebf0c6b2abf17a273a071a04da98c

ozzball

NYC Player
Ipswich
Getting a bit bothered that we are becoming an unofficial rehab centre for disaffected footy players ... they come, we fix 'em on a cheap contract then they chase the bucks elsewhere ... everyone deserves a second chance and it's not like me to be so cynical but a bit of a pattern seems to be developing and it bugs me somewhat.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Getting a bit bothered that we are becoming an unofficial rehab centre for disaffected footy players ... they come, we fix 'em on a cheap contract then they chase the bucks elsewhere ... everyone deserves a second chance and it's not like me to be so cynical but a bit of a pattern seems to be developing and it bugs me somewhat.
It’s what Bennett does, and he makes a difference to bloke’s lives. I’m alright with that.

ozzball

NYC Player
Ipswich
It’s what Bennett does, and he makes a difference to bloke’s lives. I’m alright with that.
Totally agree mate, I just get a bit concerned when we put time and resources into guys like TauTau and Herman etc without getting the benefit of their revival. I can't blame them a bit for taking up the deals at the Knights, it's more the effect it has on continuity at the Broncs. It is what it is I guess.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Stick with Nik. No point investing in a one year contract,it would just take a years worth of experience away from Kodi.

Kyall

NRL Player
I would happily take a fit sharp Sandow any day of the week. He a great player but has never put in the hard yards at training or on the field. If Bennett can get him 100% fit he could be our Halfback next year with Niko to bench.

State of Origin Rep
He couldn't even commit to a full season with Norths this year, he missed games. Part of his SL release was he couldn't play NRL. Not sure if that is over now.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
He couldn't even commit to a full season with Norths this year, he missed games. Part of his SL release was he couldn't play NRL. Not sure if that is over now.
Well he was only contracted to the Wolves until the end of 2017.

I can't imagine they would have any say beyond that.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Even if he was able to play NRL, I would never want that lazy piece of shit at this club.

Even if we get him on a second tier contract, I never want to see him at this club ever.

He isn't worth the money and he isn't worth the time. He is a lazy piece of shit that only plays for himself. He isn't a team player and he will just drag us down.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Why not go for Todd Carney instead? Sandow was worth a punt on a rock bottom contract when this thread opened, but not now.

Yep. Give Niko a full pre season working at half back. If he turns out to be a diamond then we don't have to waste the budget on ash Taylor.
It sounds like we're going for Taylor regardless. If Niko performs well this year I would move Boyd to centre and one of either Milf (not going to happen) or Niko to FB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter