[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

Most def.

Completely different format though and Gould is so good, he's above the business.

Gould will ask the questions, but Griffin will just tip toe around them. It won't be any different then any other interview.

Last edited:
Can I ask where you got those stats from? Because that might be even more than the number of tackles Prince or Gillett missed.

From watching him play, he looks like as good defender as it gets in the halves. One of the reasons why Mal wasn't afraid to have him play in the middle for QLD.

Daly Cherry-Evans's comparison with AUS for

In 2011 - 76 missed tackles, 35 ineffective.
In 2012 - 67 missed tackles, 26 ineffective.
In 2013 - 60 missed tackles, 27 ineffective.

Maybe I don't understand defense, but how is that excellent? Surely an excellent defender wouldn't miss so many tackles?

Honestly, I don't care about his defense, his attack more than makes up for it. My point was, if people are so focused on defense when it comes to halves then they should also reject DCE because of how many tackles he misses.

From what I've seen of DCE, a lot of the tackles he makes the forwards already have the player wrapped up.

Last edited:
There is defenders like Lockyer, missed tackles often but no team mate would trade him for the world. Then there is Scott prince who was a major liability in defence but still had the experience to be just, then there is Chris sandow

Chris sandow I have read is already the worst tackler in nrl history only half way into his career.

Granted any half is worth it as long as he brings something in attack but our defence can't handle it we already have 2 of the worst tackling second rowers in the comp, centres like Copley who would be just working out what he needs todo in defence and we can't have him hesitating because he can't trust sandow at all. To him Hunt and Hoffman would feel like your outside Parker in comparison

also the gambling and the lack of fitness. I know times are bad but he's not broncos material

Where have you read that his the worst tackler in history? That seems a little odd

Well we can go on and on about defense like it's all that matters in the halves, but it isn't.

The fact is replacing one shit defender with another isn't going to make much difference to our already woeful defence, however a season with hunt/Hoffman in the halves will result in about two tries a game if we are lucky. One from an opposition mistake and a consolation one when they have gone to sleep because there's 5 minutes to go and they are up by 30.

But if everyone's ok with that it's all good.

Where have you read that his the worst tackler in history? That seems a little odd

Well we can go on and on about defense like it's all that matters in the halves, but it isn't.

The fact is replacing one shit defender with another isn't going to make much difference to our already woeful defence, however a season with hunt/Hoffman in the halves will result in about two tries a game if we are lucky. One from an opposition mistake and a consolation one when they have gone to sleep because there's 5 minutes to go and they are up by 30.

But if everyone's ok with that it's all good.
You have to be joking. Sandow will NOT make up for his defensive flaws with his attack, he never has and he never will. He is statistically the worst defender in the NRL bar none!

Any good team is built on good defense. Even the nines, supposedly made for attacking, proved that defense wins titles!

I don't like Hoffman in the halves, but he won't be a speed bump in defense, which is the first thing we have to fix. Or did people forget about the dreadful stats we racked up last year?

Besides, does anyone actually believe Sandow can do a better job for us than Nikorima, Strasser or any of the up and coming kids, like Taylor, Cullen or Paia'aua?

Besides, does anyone actually believe Sandow can do a better job for us than Nikorima, Strasser or any of the up and coming kids, like Taylor, Cullen or Paia'aua?

I do, at least right now.

Even Hoffman was picked over them because of experience, and Sandow is a pretty solid ball player who just lacks patience and organisational skills.

Is it worth the asking price and the embarrassment of signing him? I don't think so.

I do, at least right now.

Even Hoffman was picked over them because of experience, and Sandow is a pretty solid ball player who just lacks patience and organisational skills.

Is it worth the asking price and the embarrassment of signing him? I don't think so.
Sorry mate, I think we must live in parallel universes... :laugh:

Not having a go at you btw, just at the irony of how differently we see this guy or maybe even Rugby League in general.

Not having a go at you btw, just at the irony of how differently we see this guy or maybe even Rugby League in general.

Yeah but you think the sun shines out of Hooks arse so that finishes this debate.

I'm not saying I rate him, but he was originally hyped up (by others) and signed for half a mil because he did have some talent. He is/was pretty creative, but like myself and others have said over time, he lacks patience and just wants to do the fun stuff all the time. But the creative talent is still there.

Yeah but you think the sun shines out of Hooks arse so that finishes this debate.
LOL, you should really quit while you're ahead...

Point me to a single post where I even came close to saying that?

Alternatively, you might want to do an effort and actually read what I write.

I'm not saying I rate him, but he was originally hyped up (by others) and signed for half a mil because he did have some talent. He is/was pretty creative, but like myself and others have said over time, he lacks patience and just wants to do the fun stuff all the time. But the creative talent is still there.
Yes, he has talent, but he doesn't have a brain to use it, making that talent worthless. Besides, his attacking prowess doesn't make up for his flaws, not even close.

If we're going to take a gamble on a player just for his attacking prowess and ignore everything else, I seriously prefer Nikorima!

If it was on a cheap contract I'd consider it.

I remember last year there was a rumour/hypothetical and I was vehemently against it, adding that if we signed him it would show far we have fallen as a side.

The fact that it could be conceivable even on a short term basis for a number of people here, speaks volumes of the faith that the fans have in this current squad.

You have to be joking. Sandow will NOT make up for his defensive flaws with his attack, he never has and he never will. He is statistically the worst defender in the NRL bar none!

Any good team is built on good defense. Even the nines, supposedly made for attacking, proved that defense wins titles!

I don't like Hoffman in the halves, but he won't be a speed bump in defense, which is the first thing we have to fix. Or did people forget about the dreadful stats we racked up last year?

I'm not joking. Nikorima is obviously not ready and neither are any of the other guys. I don't like sandow but I also don't like the thought of a winger in the halves.

If it was on a cheap contract I'd consider it.

I remember last year there was a rumour/hypothetical and I was vehemently against it, adding that if we signed him it would show far we have fallen as a side.

The fact that it could be conceivable even on a short term basis for a number of people here, speaks volumes of the faith that the fans have in this current squad.

No. Not even for free.

What did the "on a whim" purchase of Prince (a great player - much better than Sandow FWIW, cheap, great team man) do for our squad?

Well, it cost us Norman and Wallace (for better or worse), kept Hunt of the 7 for another season, potentially will cost us Hoffman and fed this notion that "all we need is replacement for Lockyer to be a premiership winning force".

I'm not joking. Nikorima is obviously not ready and neither are any of the other guys. I don't like sandow but I also don't like the thought of a winger in the halves.
I don't think anyone is impressed with Hoffman in the halves, you're focussing too much on that and forgetting what we are really talking about...

As to being ready... Sandow has NEVER been ready!

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.