[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

No. Not even for free.

What did the "on a whim" purchase of Prince (a great player - much better than Sandow FWIW, cheap, great team man) do for our squad?

Well, it cost us Norman and Wallace (for better or worse), kept Hunt of the 7 for another season, potentially will cost us Hoffman and fed this notion that "all we need is replacement for Lockyer to be a premiership winning force".

Good points. I mean if Sandow kept Hoffman out of the halves that would be catastrophic. We can't afford to have such a great ball player and organizer wasted on the wing.

I don't think anyone is impressed with Hoffman in the halves, you're focussing too much on that and forgetting what we are really talking about...

As to being ready... Sandow has NEVER been ready!

Sorry we were talking about how important defense is when choosing a half, my mistake.

Not sure I understand the Prince - losing Hoffman correlation.

Also the fact it cost us Norman and Wallace for me is a blessing. I'd rather fail with Hunt and co in the halves for a fraction of the price than pay through the nose for Wallace and Norman to do the same thing. I'd rather that money be available for when someone does come on the market.

I don't think anyone is impressed with Hoffman in the halves, you're focussing too much on that and forgetting what we are really talking about...

As to being ready... Sandow has NEVER been ready!
Yeah you're just being silly here, whilst Sandow has never been a superstar, he isn't the worst half in the NRL and had a couple of decent seasons at Souths not too long ago. The only reason he left was because he held them to ransom and they said no bugger off.

Sorry we were talking about how important defense is when choosing a half, my mistake.
No we weren't, and you know where you can stick the sarcasm...

The only reason defense isn't the most important factor when chosing a half, is because most halves will in general deliver more points than they will leak. That is not the case with Sandow!

Yeah you're just being silly here, whilst Sandow has never been a superstar, he isn't the worst half in the NRL and had a couple of decent seasons at Souths not too long ago. The only reason he left was because he held them to ransom and they said no bugger off.
Not being silly. I couldn't give a **** about the flashy things he has done, and there is no halve in the NRL I wouldn't pick ahead of him. Yes, that includes Norman and Wallace!

Please remind me again of where souffs ended during those "decent" seasons of Sandow...

Seriously, the guy was sent to NSW cup by the team who won the wooden spoon, that should be a hint to everyone!

I just think Hoffman playing in the halves is far more disgusting and embarrassing than signing Sandow. We don't need Sandow to fix it, but Griffin doesn't seem to have faith in any of our rookie halves.

Not being silly. I couldn't give a **** about the flashy things he has done, and there is no halve in the NRL I wouldn't pick ahead of him. Yes, that includes Norman and Wallace!

Please remind me again of where souffs ended during those "decent" seasons of Sandow...

Seriously, the guy was sent to NSW cup by the team who won the wooden spoon, that should be a hint to everyone!

Yeah, you're being silly, because apparently where a side finishes is indicative of one players performance and/or ability. It's a simplistic argument that makes little sense.

Lets not get caught up in the name "Chris Sandow" Treat him and pay him like you would anyone else in Qcup. If it works out the he goes some way to solving a problem short term then fine. If not then no great loss.

The thing is i'm not even support of signing him lol, I said if it was on a cheap short term contract I'd consider it.

I just think people get emotionally skewed in their perspective and logic goes completely by the way side.

The thing is i'm not even support of signing him lol, I said if it was on a cheap short term contract I'd consider it.

I just think people get emotionally skewed in their perspective and logic goes completely by the way side.

Agreed. Cheap 1 year deal. Tough love, and see what happens.

I just think Hoffman playing in the halves is far more disgusting and embarrassing than signing Sandow. We don't need Sandow to fix it, but Griffin doesn't seem to have faith in any of our rookie halves.
Exactly, people see Hoffman wearing the 6 and making the educated guess it will be a disaster (which is fair given his history), to the point where even Sandow would look better. That's desperation, not reason. I'd have any of our rookie halves well ahead of him AND Hoffman, and that's the discussion we should be having!

I'm seriously not expecting much from Hoffman, but let's see what happens tonight, and whether we actually execute a similar game plan to the 2012 Dogs, where Hoffman could do a similar job to what Reynolds did for them. If he doesn't, put him on the wing, where he excels, and take a fucking gamble on one of our rookies. It will NOT be worse than Sandow.

We don't need and/or want Sandow. I see no value in it what so ever.

Souths showed last night they are more than happy to bring through a young half or five eight, we should be doing same. Lets not bring in another reject from another club when we should be bringing through the juniors.

Yeah, you're being silly, because apparently where a side finishes is indicative of one players performance and/or ability. It's a simplistic argument that makes little sense.
If that player is the man most responsible for it, yes! I've seen lots of games where Sandow buried souffs. Way more than he won for them (which in fairness, he also did)...

This whole topic has gotten out of control.

IMO sandow would be worth a very cheap short contract if he were open to that. That's my opinion and it won't change for all the Hoffman halves in the world

To paraphrase Tina Turner ....

WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER ZERO
WE DON`T NEED YOU SANDOW STAY HOME
ALL YOU WANT IS CASH HERE AT ...
BLUNDERDOME

600_aflie,0.jpg

Exactly, people see Hoffman wearing the 6 and making the educated guess it will be a disaster (which is fair given his history), to the point where even Sandow would look better. That's desperation, not reason. I'd have any of our rookie halves well ahead of him AND Hoffman, and that's the discussion we should be having!

I'm seriously not expecting much from Hoffman, but let's see what happens tonight, and whether we actually execute a similar game plan to the 2012 Dogs, where Hoffman could do a similar job to what Reynolds did for them. If he doesn't, put him on the wing, where he excels, and take a ****ing gamble on one of our rookies. It will NOT be worse than Sandow.

Reynolds is still a better ball player than Hoffman.

Even Gillett has shown more as a ball player.

I'd personally just chuck one of the rookies at 5/8th too, I've said it multiple times before. But I'd take Sandow over Hoffman if it even came down to just them two in the halves.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Stix
  • Clintos
  • Mighty Bronx
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • Midean
  • The Strapper
  • Swordfish
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Big Del
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.