[Rumour] Norman to walk away from Eels

Re: Corey Norman to walk away from lucrative Eels Deal.

i thought he'd signed, its just NRL rules that any player can back out of any contract with another club up til rnd 13?

which essentially makes signing a contract before rnd 13 only beneficial to a player. clubs can only lose out in that situation.

Don't forget he was playing 6 when we had a 1 who offered little in attack. I'd like to see him have another crack at 6 after seeing the game for a while from the back and having the support of a 1 who has a clue in attack.
Who is that magical 1? Norman is the only one who fits that description.

Unless we get Dugan which we should do but there's a thread dedicated to that :001_tt2:

pretty sad really that players keep backing out of contracts. if you have a contract you honour it !

what's with all the danny weidler hammering, am i missing something ?

Danny Weidler makes shit up and passes it off as breaking news

i thought he'd signed, its just NRL rules that any player can back out of any contract with another club up til rnd 13?

which essentially makes signing a contract before rnd 13 only beneficial to a player. clubs can only lose out in that situation.
its more of a loop hole than a rule, after round 13 contracts are registered for the following season.

Norman will be at parra.

Last edited:

Who is that magical 1? Norman is the only one who fits that description.

Unless we get Dugan which we should do but there's a thread dedicated to that :001_tt2:

Probably Hayne. I didn't say I'd like to see him have a crack at 6 with the Broncos. :winky:

Haha well this thread is him possibly staying with us so I thought you meant for us to get a 1 with attacking ability and giving Norman another shot at 6.

Still though I think Norman sucks at 6 but is actually pretty decent at fullback.

Yeah you were right, I would like to see how he goes at 6 for us we just need to get a decent 1. James Tadesco is off contract in 2014 he looks a likely developer even after his knee recon.

Yeah I do like the look of Tedesco but surely Tigers wouldn't let him go, they haven't had a decent fullback in years.

The fact that Norman even mentioned the Round 13 cut off date (i.e. it has obviously been discussed with him by his management or the Broncos during negotiations) in his press release gives some credence to the rumor.

It's all a bit of bullshit this Rugby League player management caper.

There were rumours like this for a whole bunch of players we lost. Taylor doesn't want to leave, he'll stay. Beale doesn't want to leave, he'll stay. Kemp doesn't want to leave, he'll stay. They all left.

Yeah saying things like they don't want to leave, you really can't read much into it these days as really the motivation for players is much different now.

Must have a bit of legs this rumour because channel 10 ran with it tonight.

If he plays at fullback it won't be to bad if he plays at halfback it's all bad.

Ch10 probably just got the rumor off BHQ.

I'll be pissed if Hunt leaves

Hunt's attitude is brilliant - makes me want him to succeed just that little bit more.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.