[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

from todays edition of the Lurker ... if he can be believed

Hunt firming for Storm switch
While Proctor might be on the move, it's not all doom and gloom for the Storm. The club has become the new favourite to sign code-hopper Karmichael Hunt for next season. With the Broncos finally securing boom Raider Anthony Milford, Hunt has dropped off the Brisbane radar. The club has plenty of players in the halves and fullback - the spots Hunt covers - and have decided to spend their money elsewhere. Storm coach Craig Bellamy is a Hunt fan and the club has had troubles at five-eighth this season, using several players alongside Cooper Cronk. Hunt would be a good fit at the Storm and seems certain to return to the NRL in the wake of his struggles to land a regular spot in the Gold Coast senior side.

NRL Premiership | The Lurker - NRL Rumour File - Friday

The Storm can't afford him. Unless they lose Proctor. But then they'll be down both him & Hoffman, and will need to recruit or promote two back-rowers and I can't think of any available that'd come cheap.

I don't think anyone has any idea where hunt will go. In the past week we have heard storm are certainties and storm are no chance. He only wants to play in positions that the broncos have covered, then we hear broncs are faves. Titans the other day are not going to even make an offer, today they apparently are.

I hope he goes to Rugby if he doesn't sign with us. Seeing him in a Storm jersey would break me.

The Storm can't afford him. Unless they lose Proctor. But then they'll be down both him & Hoffman, and will need to recruit or promote two back-rowers and I can't think of any available that'd come cheap.

I think Bellamy would just promote a couple to ensure they can afford Hunt.

Would love to see Hunt in a Storm jersey as it would mean we wouldn't be wasting money on him. Plus he's almost as old as their big 3 and this would just serve to further **** the Storm when those retirements happen.

I just want all these guys back in league tbh, I'm glad Benji is back, even though he might be a rubbish investment, and it would be good to see Karmichael and Israel back as well, don't even care if it's not for the Broncos.

THE Queensland Reds have forked out between $600,000 and $700,000 from their own Super Rugby salary cap to sign code-hopper Karmichael Hunt after the ARU declined to provide him with a top-up.

While there has been no official announcement that the Reds have signed Hunt, it is an open secret that it’s a done deal.

Error Page

Thank **** for that.

Yep...good luck to him....but I'm glad he wont be here next year.

Bit disappointing that he won't be in the NRL tbh, I didn't want him with us, but I thought he would've been a great fit for the Storm, perhaps at Five-Eighth or in the Centres.

We could've used him at origin time (If he came back anywhere near as good as he was)

The Reds need him more than the NRL does I think.

For similar money, I'd sure take Hunt over Boyd though.

Bit disappointing that he won't be in the NRL tbh, I didn't want him with us, but I thought he would've been a great fit for the Storm, perhaps at Five-Eighth or in the Centres.

We could've used him at origin time (If he came back anywhere near as good as he was)
Why? He has no playmaking skills whatsoever, as evidenced by every single game he ever played in the halves. He is not and never will be even a decent playmaker.

Why? He has no playmaking skills whatsoever, as evidenced by every single game he ever played in the halves. He is not and never will be even a decent playmaker.

He hasn't played Rugby League for like 5 years, you'd have no idea how he would come back, one can only assume he's developed a decent kicking game in AFL.. and he already has a great running game, that's 2 out of the 3 prerequisites of being a great Five-Eighth already out of the way... Only shady part might be his passing and decision making.

He's like Milford, Barba, Stewart etc. A link man to finish off plays. Arguably the best in a long time at it though.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • mieko
  • Broncorob
  • PETERN
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BruiserMk1
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.