[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

He's a lotto winning fantasy: Hunt axed from Suns, joins Broncos immediately.

He's a lotto winning fantasy: Hunt axed from Suns, joins Broncos immediately.

That would be perfect for us. 3-4 weeks to train with the boys, get a feel for league again under Alf and Locky's tutelage, put on a 3-5kgs in bulk muscle mass and get used to league and 5/8 role, maybe a game or two of QCup to get some match fitness and aim for a debut in round 13/14. This should give him practically half a season, hopefully pick it up quickly again and lead us into the semis with a decent halves combo and some good attack.

Develop some combos with BHunt, push Hoffman to left centre, push Reed to Qld Cup never to play for us again and relieve Barba of that (currently necessary) second receiver role and allow him space to run.

In 2015, when Milford arrives, Khunt pushes to left centre and reserve 5/8 / fullback (if Barba or Milford get injured), Hoffman goes to the Bulldogs and we have a fearsome looking back line...

All good things for us (in an ideal world).

He won't put on 3-5kgs of bulk muscle in anywhere near 3-4 weeks, it's nowhere near that easy, for a professional athlete who would have been doing so much lifting his whole life it's hard to make quick gains, especially when he's been at his lower weight for about 3 years now. It'd almost take a whole off season to put 3-4kgs on. Putting that aside, It would be hard for him to adjust to a different sport again within a few weeks and really, I don't want him anyway.

He won't put on 3-5kgs of bulk muscle in anywhere near 3-4 weeks, it's nowhere near that easy, for a professional athlete who would have been doing so much lifting his whole life it's hard to make quick gains, especially when he's been at his lower weight for about 3 years now. It'd almost take a whole off season to put 3-4kgs on. Putting that aside, It would be hard for him to adjust to a different sport again within a few weeks and really, I don't want him anyway.

I disagree, 1kg per week isn't extreme by any measure, you are considering it in light of a bloke who is a current NRL player and is doing an NRL weights program.

That isn't KHunt's position. He has leaned up massively to meet the cardio-vascular requirements AFL dictates. He is probably running around now with skinfolds around 5-6% per cent body fat. NRL being more a strength and power game are probably content with 10-12% body fat percentages.

Going on to a high protein and high carb diet, plus an NRL weights routine for four weeks straight I would suggest would easily see him gain that weight. It won't be 5kgs of lean muscle mass true enough, but a combination of muscle and increased body fat (but not beyond NRL standards) should be easily achievable for him.

Still don't want him back at the wage he'll want.

I disagree, 1kg per week isn't extreme by any measure, you are considering it in light of a bloke who is a current NRL player and is doing an NRL weights program.

That isn't KHunt's position. He has leaned up massively to meet the cardio-vascular requirements AFL dictates. He is probably running around now with skinfolds around 5-6% per cent body fat. NRL being more a strength and power game are probably content with 10-12% body fat percentages.

Going on to a high protein and high carb diet, plus an NRL weights routine for four weeks straight I would suggest would easily see him gain that weight. It won't be 5kgs of lean muscle mass true enough, but a combination of muscle and increased body fat (but not beyond NRL standards) should be easily achievable for him.
Yeah, I can see it happening that way. He may very well be running at 6% in which case I can see 3-4kgs put on in a short period while only reaching the 10% BF mark, not easy but doable.

Still though, unless he's happy to play centre I really don't want him.

Yeah, I can see it happening that way. He may very well be running at 6% in which case I can see 3-4kgs put on in a short period while only reaching the 10% BF mark, not easy but doable.

3 big Spag bols and plenty of garlic bread per week will get him there alone!

(Thaiday can help with the weight increase, if needed...) :rofl:

Last edited:

His manager did come out and say words to the effect of "his rugby league positions are fullback and 5/8"

reading between the lines: he'll only come back to league to play either fullback or 5/8

therefore

IMO ... PASS

Careful - Hook will have him on the Maranta weight gain plan.

I don't think its needed the signature of K Hunt. 1 Barba 2 Vidot 3 Copley 4 Hodges 5 Hoffman 6 Milford. We still get to drop reed like everyone is wanting atm. Copley in the centres for me is just as good.

But what I do like about the K Hunt argument is you will get another talker on the field someone who will yell and scream at players. Something i don't think Milford will do at all. Also long kicking game.

IMO we only get him if its 500k a year with 3 party deals to boast it up.

Good. Although I don't see how they can afford another person on a star salary, no way he's going anywhere for cheap.

Yeah I thought they had to lose players to cover Smith's new contract? Weird.

Back ended deals, Bellamy will give it one last crack for a premiership whilst he is coach. After 2016 storm will be broke and on the wrong side a salary cap.

Good. Although I don't see how they can afford another person on a star salary, no way he's going anywhere for cheap.

They will only be able to afford it if the centrally contracted rule comes in to effect.

Back ended deals, Bellamy will give it one last crack for a premiership whilst he is coach. After 2016 storm will be broke and on the wrong side a salary cap.

And that's our time to swoop.

I would gladly take Cronk and bring him to Red Hill to play for a couple of years and offer him a role as kicking coach.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't think he is even off contract at that time.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • broncs30
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Morepudding
  • something
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • eggstar10
  • Kev_Guz
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.