[Rumour] The Hunt for Karmichael's return to Broncos.

I don't want Hunt back. We need to look to the future not the past.

I know where you might be coming from, but the same logic might also apply to all the players we didn't sign when we had the chance. Now, let's see ... who were the stars from the past we let go and, for example, signed Wallace instead ?

Surely it's not DCE, Barba, Milford, Cam Smith, Thurston.

Bring on the excuses? I'll weigh them up against the players littering our Rumours thread

Last edited:
Hell no on Hunt in any capacity. Nope, just no! He hasn't played NRL in a while, he won't be worth whatever we pay him. We were starting to do real well with getting rid of dead wood and actually signing some guys who will improve our squad. Let's not go backwards with this traitor.

who were the stars from the past we let go and, for example, signed Wallace instead ?

Surely it's not DCE, Barba, Milford, Cam Smith, Thurston.

So far as I know, the only one in that list we passed on was Smith. I don't recall DCE, Barba, Milford or JT ever being in the Broncos system as youngsters as other clubs scouted them before we did. I could be wrong and would happily defer to someone who has accurate information.

Veteran Justin Hodges has urged his good mate Karmichael Hunt to quit AFL and return to the Broncos to help him rebuild Brisbane as a premiership force.

Having played a role in the Broncos’ signing of Ben Barba, Hodges has now set his sights on bringing Hunt back to the club that launched his professional sporting career.

Hunt is off-contract with AFL’s Gold Coast Suns at the end of next year, leaving the former Broncos, Queensland and Test custodian open to NRL offers for the 2015 season.

The Suns have pledged to fight hard to keep Hunt in AFL, but at 25 the former Broncos ace is at the perfect age to resurrect his NRL career.

Read more: Hodges urges Hunt to quit AFL and rejoin NRL | NRL | Zero Tackle

Wow, surprised he's only 25.

Crazy isn't it, he could've gone close to a lot of all time game records.

Seems like 2015 could be our year to pounce on a bunch of players.

Last edited:
It must be hard for someone who was an absolute superstar in league to relegated to the 2nds in AFL. I do think he has been used as a pawn in the failed AFL raids on the NRL. I see him as more in the SBW mould in that he see's himself as the "world greatest sportsman " type. I would totally back him in a successful return to the NRL. He is obviously committed and disciplined to whatever role he takes on.

Good to see Hodgo really taking initiative to rebuild the team, and not spin shit about how we are going like Thaiday.

Good to see Hodgo really taking initiative to rebuild the team, and not spin shit about how we are going like Thaiday.

He is most definitely our off-field captain.

Still too hurt by K leaving last time, **** him, he left us in the lurch massively. Go to another club.

Explains the more positive things coming our way of late.......

this is simply Hodges wanting to play with his mate again ... not necessarily what is best for the Broncos

So Hodges is doing Gee's job too.

Remember he's the one who convinced Carroll to come out of retirement (after Webcke said no). It got some starch back in our pack and we were firing for the rest of the year.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • cento
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.