[RUMOUR] THREE significant signings in the pipeline

Re: [RUMOR] THREE "Significant" signings in the pipeline - The Australian

At this stage I would take all three, as there is no guarantee with what will happen with barba, so we may need milf to play fullback

I am pretty confident Barba will be right to play for us next year. Bulldogs are in more trouble then Barba IMO

Galácticos Los Broncos

If the off-season recruitment seems to indicate to me the Broncos are moving on from the "golden generation" strategy. It's sad (and everyone loves a bred not bought team)

But the losses of Norman, Yow Yeh and Beale and Hunt, McCullough and Hoffman peaking early I'd be happy as a fan to recruit some superstars to plug the holes.

Just not Blake Ferguson or Will Hopoate and his fuckwit father.

Hopoate is on around $800K a year with the Parra deal.

I doubt whether we'd be able to afford that even if he did want to come here.

FoxSports has been reporting that Hopoate will honour his Parra deal regardless of who is coach ??
Hopoate himself was quoted as saying he would honor his contract at this stage but would have some thinking to do over the next few weeks

Hopoate is on around $800K a year with the Parra deal.

I doubt whether we'd be able to afford that even if he did want to come here.

Wasn't the 800k a year just paper talk though? I think that number came about through bitter Manly fans and people sinking the boot into a desperate Eels side.

I'm not saying that i think he will move here but if reports are true that he has lived a simple life for the past couple of years (on $200 a week or something like that) maybe a few hundred thousand a year is all it takes for him to be happy.

We can only hope, Hoppa would be a great signing imo. He was a gun in his last year at Manly and performed really well in the Origin series.

Last edited:

Wasn't the 800k a year just paper talk though? I think that number came about through bitter Manly fans and people sinking the boot into a desperate Eels side.

I'm not saying that i think he will move here but if reports are true that he has lived a simple life for the past couple of years (on $200 a week or something like that) maybe a few hundred thousand a year is all it takes for him to be happy.

We can only hope, Hoppa would be a great signing imo. He was a gun in his last year at Manly and performed really well in the Origin series.

I would be stoked with Hoppa, obviously not for that amount, but he would be great for us. Who knows what he is actually getting at Parra, I remember at the time it was said to be 500k and now it's apparently 800k... suggests that people have no fucking idea

What about Thurston from Cowboys? I thought he had in his contract that he would stay while Parr was around but there is speculation Parr has been offered a job at Parra as footy manager

If you are talking talents as in up and comers maybe Mitch Cornish, Papali, or Edrick Lee

If you are talking talents as in up and comers maybe Mitch Cornish, Papali, or Edrick Lee

I was thinking similar. I don't think Cornish as he has made a plea through the media for Milford to stay, however if we get milford I could see Papalli coming too. He is his best mate and maybe he isn't a big ricky fan after the deal reneging. Lee is from here so maybe he has a coach clause, who knows? lol

I was thinking similar. I don't think Cornish as he has made a plea through the media for Milford to stay, however if we get milford I could see Papalli coming too. He is his best mate and maybe he isn't a big ricky fan after the deal reneging. Lee is from here so maybe he has a coach clause, who knows? lol
Yes my initial thought was Papali as there may have been some bad blood after the reneging on the Parra deal

**** our forward pack would have a big change with Kennedy and Papali. Would be fairly dynamic. Rumours of Hannant to Titans might happen if that was the case. Release would be on the cards

**** our forward pack would have a big change with Kennedy and Papali. Would be fairly dynamic. Rumours of Hannant to Titans might happen if that was the case. Release would be on the cards

Hannant isn't going anywhere.. Papali would go alright in the pack tho.

8. Hannant
10. McGuire

15. Kennedy
16. Papali

the article clearly just throwing hopoate's name in the mix. he could go to any club in the comp. milford is easily one fo the games biggest talents in terms of a newspaper article.

Hoppa's deal is for $1.7 mill, but despite the fact that it's only for 2 years of football (=$850k/yr), the rumour [UNFOUNDED BUT I'LL FIND A SOURCE] is the Eels have been paying him for the last couple of years in order to guarantee his signature. It's been included in the cap which is why their roster has been poor (on top of paying overs etc).

It flies in the face of him being able to back out of his deal (seeing as they would have been paying him in the meantime) so I'll have to dig deeper...

I was told a couple of months ago by a current bronco that the barba deal was 100 percent and he also said that edrick lee might be coming (commented this in player movements when I heard). I asked about Milford and he had no idea. Edrick lee would be a great buy, I really rate him. Big strong and fast

Edrick Lee is a gun in the making but we don't need another winger with The Hoff, Yippee, Copley, Oates and Maranta all on the books.

I could see Papallii and Milford coming as a package deal and if that occurred, Hannant would surely need to be moved on for cap space sadly.

Edrick Lee is a gun in the making but we don't need another winger with The Hoff, Yippee, Copley, Oates and Maranta all on the books.

Of those you mentioned one doesnt want to play on the wing, one has a very likely career ending injury, one has yet to cement himself in the side, one is most likely a future back rower who has played half a doazen games on the wing and one is not first grade standard.

If Edrick Lee is an option, we would be crazy not to consider him.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Emanon
  • Old Mate
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Organix
  • NSW stables
  • Midean
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brotherdu
  • Harry Sack
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.