[RUMOUR] THREE significant signings in the pipeline

Re: [RUMOR] THREE "Significant" signings in the pipeline - The Australian

Edrick Lee is a gun in the making but we don't need another winger with The Hoff, Yippee, Copley, Oates and Maranta all on the books.

I could see Papallii and Milford coming as a package deal and if that occurred, Hannant would surely need to be moved on for cap space sadly.

Yippee - is doubtful to come back on the wing, very doubtful
Copely - best position is centre
Oates - isnt a winger, period. The fact that he was ever there shows how truly unlucky we were with backline injuries. The fact that he did such a decent job is just a credit to the type of player he is. He is a backrow, maybe centre, but is one of those rare players that can do a job for you whereever you put him.
Maranta - ummmmm

I would take Lee no question

I heard a rumour that Edrick Lee runs the 100m in like 10.8 seconds. Kid is 20 years old, 6 foot 5, 96kgs. He could be the next Lote Tuqiri. Big boon if we nabbed him.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I am going to have to stop reading this thread before I get caught up in it all and then also be left bitterly disappointed. I really can't see the Broncos nabbing anyone else of significance except for Milford as he has clearly stated he wants to move to Brisbane.

Would love edrick Lee he is going to be a gun and if we get him I would turn my attention to dce , milford is going to be good but not sure if he can control a game like dce . Maybe if milf comes hunt will be out but I rate him too

Would love edrick Lee he is going to be a gun and if we get him I would turn my attention to dce , milford is going to be good but not sure if he can control a game like dce . Maybe if milf comes hunt will be out but I rate him too

Over-all DCE would definitely be the better choice, the safest option. But look at the pack he works behind, they're deadset murdering the opposition team with their filthy tactics, giving DCE time and space. I will concede that even under pressure DCE has been very good with his decision making regardless. On the other hand, Milford is creating stuff out of nowhere. Even if his pack is being rolled, his speed & elusiveness is almost impossible to contain. I guess what I'm saying is that they're such different players that they're not mutually exclusive - and we actually need both kinds!

Milford will end up a better fullback than Barba if he stays there.

Agree milford in my opinion will be a better fullback than half but would like to see if he can prove me wrong if he comes to the broncos to play half, could be the next Shaun Johnson.

If the off-season recruitment seems to indicate to me the Broncos are moving on from the "golden generation" strategy. It's sad (and everyone loves a bred not bought team)

Half the reason we're in this mess is cause we didn't sign anyone in the first place.

Don't start me on that "buying a premiership" nonsense, name the last team of made up completely of juniors that won a premiership.

i think the long term view *should be to replace barba with dce and shuffle Milford to fullback

Last edited:

Which I wouldn't be happy with. Keep Barba, throw Hunt to the curb :P It's cruel but it'd be the best option.

i think the long term view would be to replace barba with dce and shuffle Milford to fullback

I very much doubt the long term plan is to secure a dally m player of the year and then not retain him

Half the reason we're in this mess is cause we didn't sign anyone in the first place.

Don't start me on that "buying a premiership" nonsense, name the last team of made up completely of juniors that won a premiership.

Aren't Smith, Slater, Cronk technically Melbourne Juniors? As well as at the time Izzy and Inglis?

Edrick Lee is a gun in the making but we don't need another winger with The Hoff, Yippee, Copley, Oates and Maranta all on the books.

I think Edrick Lee is really a natural centre. Canberra's depth in centres (and lack of wingers) combined with his amazing vertical leap meant he played on the sting but he'll be a star centre in a few years.

that said, I don't see him coming home soon.

1. Greg Inglis
6. Hunt
7. DCE
9 Cameron Smith

What a spine. You heard it here first

I think Edrick Lee is really a natural centre. Canberra's depth in centres (and lack of wingers) combined with his amazing vertical leap meant he played on the sting but he'll be a star centre in a few years.

that said, I don't see him coming home soon.

I haven't seen him play in the lower grades so I dunno how natural a centre he is, but I can really see him being a star anywhere in the back line.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.