[RUMOUR] THREE significant signings in the pipeline

I'm fairly optimistic that they'll all turn out to be good signings too.

Yeah, I was thinking of this article when I saw the announcements. Solid depth signings, but about as significant as the news of the new Labor leader. Though Vidot is still young and has potential.

hey guys ive been watching these forums for a long time now and have finally decided to join up so i can join in on the discussions,, look forward to chattin with other broncos fanatics about the rumours and things in the pipeline for our club, just to start.. does anyone think that the possible signing of milford may determine whether or not josh hoffman stays with us given that barba would more likely stay at fullback if milford came ? i personally think we should shift hoffman to the centres

hey guys ive been watching these forums for a long time now and have finally decided to join up so i can join in on the discussions,, look forward to chattin with other broncos fanatics about the rumours and things in the pipeline for our club, just to start.. does anyone think that the possible signing of milford may determine whether or not josh hoffman stays with us given that barba would more likely stay at fullback if milford came ? i personally think we should shift hoffman to the centres

Welcome mate, I'm sure your contributions will be a great inclusion. Personally if we get Milford I think
Hoffman will leave, but I would love him to stay and play wing/centre, because that's by far his best position... Unfortunately I don't think josh sees it that way

Josh is contracted he has no out clauses he will stay
That may be so but if he's not happy to stay and rip it up on the wing, the Broncs shouldn't stand in his way if he asks for a release. Besides, then the Bulldogs can pay us compensation. Karma.

Also, why are the Dogs talking to a contracted player? Queue confected outrage a la The Kennel, Greenhouse et al.

Reminds me of last time we bought this many regular first graders was 2008 (Wallace, Clinton, Sims, Tom Hewit, PJ Marsh).

Barba (Wallace - quality half at Penrith, had some bright moments for the Broncos)
Kennedy (Clinton - quality prop, first grade regular, some good games, ultimately behind Broncos regulars for starting spot)

Vidot (Sims - energetic, aggressive but ultimately talentless)
Lowrie (PJ Marsh - journeyman, passed it, not really sure why we bought him when Ennis was already established in the 9)

Mills (Tom Hewit - signed for depth, first grader at Cronulla, which roughly equals QCUP regular, never heard of him again)

i think we would be much more dangerous with a hodges / hoffman centre pairing. in my opinion jack reed was made to look very good in his first year with the help of lockyer and wallace who was in much better form at that point

i think we would be much more dangerous with a hodges / hoffman centre pairing. in my opinion jack reed was made to look very good in his first year with the help of lockyer and wallace who was in much better form at that point

I've gotta completely disagree, I was in the anti-reed boat until this season, I thought he was outstanding, he set-up so many of the Josh Hoffman tries down the left side, not to mention he's one of the best defending centre's in the NRL, and he's one of the only players I can say who puts in 150% every game for us.

I've gotta completely disagree, I was in the anti-reed boat until this season, I thought he was outstanding, he set-up so many of the Josh Hoffman tries down the left side, not to mention he's one of the best defending centre's in the NRL, and he's one of the only players I can say who puts in 150% every game for us.

Yeah I agree, he is also great on the kick chase, always first down there on the bombs..................and on relatively low money.

Apart from Milford now, who are we likely to chase? Will the World Cup produce any stars from the smaller countries?

Last edited:
yeahh no doubt reed does put in every game but he lacks a bit of speed out there which i think we need in the centres with hodges not as quick as he used to be,, alot really does depend on whether milford comes or not though. id rather see hoffy in the centres then to see him leave

whether ir not yow yeh or hodges are right for the early rounds will also play a big part in dictating where they all fit in

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • Bongo
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Dony Eliakim
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.