[RUMOUR] Todd Lowrie ---> Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

He played will against us in the pre-season trial that they televised. And that was about it. From the games I saw he was overly aggressive and dirty, gave away lots of penalties. Surprised Hook wants him TBH, he's the antithesis of smart, percentage football.

I think Stagg is better, and having both of them in the main 17 is a bit of a waste.
Doesn't exactly help our retirement village image either.

Last edited:

Don't understand tbh.. the only reason I can see us needing Lowrie is if Parker leaves..

Edit: In fact no, that's not even a good enough reason, we would just play Hannant and Kennedy at starting props and move McGuire to lock.

Last edited:

Lowrie is a terrible signing.

Dead-set, I don't see the point in it. Never rated him at Melbourne and aside from the 09 spurt of form at Parra I thought he was an extremely average player. Would be fine if we signed a player of his quality in the backs or halves because of our current situation but in the backrow? We already have too many quality players there.

Last edited:

Don't understand tbh.. the only reason I can see us needing Lowrie is if Parker leaves..

Edit: In fact no, that's not even a good enough reason, we would just play Hannant and Kennedy at starting props and move McGuire to lock.

Or even Dodds at lock.

Crazy signing, can't even think as to where he would fit in the 17 unless a Stagg/Glenn/Parker/Thaiday/Gillett are not going to be here next year.

Assuming all our backs are fit and firing surely Lowrie would only be taking away time from someone like Oates developing as well, truly baffling from Griffin/Gee.

Very very disappointed if the Lowrie rumours are true (which appears to be near certainty). I don't really rate him at all and there is no way he would make our full strength starting 17. Could be OK during origin that not great other than that. So far we are only losing Lui and Timu and have gained Kennedy, so there is no point for Lowrie. I place him just ahead of Slyney, but nowhere near the calibre of Oates, Dodds, Hala, Stagg, Glenn, Gillett, Parker. Absolute waste of money and will set our development and further potential signings back bigtime (rant over)

Or even Dodds at lock.

I think I'd prefer my way with Dodds off the bench, but either/or.. they're both 10x better options than Lowrie.

Is this the "Important Announcement" that they're promising for tomorrow ?? ... "The Brisbane Broncos are making an important announcement tomorrow PLUS we are launching our new Away Jersey for Season 2014 at the same media event with Corey Parker & Alex Glenn in attendance." Broncs F/B page ...

Is this the "Important Announcement" that they're promising for tomorrow ?? ... "The Brisbane Broncos are making an important announcement tomorrow PLUS we are launching our new Away Jersey for Season 2014 at the same media event with Corey Parker & Alex Glenn in attendance." Broncs F/B page ...

Let's hope it's announcing that Corey Parker will be captain next season, Alex Glenn vice-captain.. and also to squash the rumours about signing Todd Lowrie.

Hope its not the announcement of Anderson being re-signed and the signing of Lowrie, I think I would go insane.

Are the Broncos following the "go ugly early" recruitment strategy?

He's also been linked to Panthers, & Gould tweeted this

"@PenrithPanthers members should keep their eyes on their INBOX .. #justsaying

He's also been linked to Panthers, & Gould tweeted this

"@PenrithPanthers members should keep their eyes on their INBOX .. #justsaying

C'mon Panthers, sign up Todd!!!!

If they have really signed lowbrow that's a fucking disgrace. I can't even say how mind numbingly stupid it would be to sign another fucking backrower, let alone todd fucking lowrie. **** me broncos! ****!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.