[RUMOUR] Todd Lowrie ---> Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Anyone got any info on the rumour we have signed Todd Lowrie?

I can't see why we would but it is mentioned on a few other sites.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Anyone got any info on the rumour we have signed Todd Lowrie?

I can't see why we would but it is mentioned on a few other sites.

McCullough would definitely be getting nervous if this were true

As a die hard Warriors fan I would like to thank your club for taking Todd Lowrie off us. Enjoy :thefinger:...

think you might be thinking of a different player. Lowrie is a lock and I'd be pretty surprised if we got him. I thought he just signed with New Zealand at the start of this year

[h=1]Lowrie released on compassionate grounds[/h] Richard Becht

Thursday 10 October 2013 12:08 PM

00102400-image.jpg

Vodafone Warriors loose forward Todd Lowrie has returned to Australia after being granted a release from his contract on compassionate grounds. Photo: Photosport

Chief executive Wayne Scurrah said the club fully supported Lowrie and wife Sally in their need to relocate immediately.
“This is a case where family comes first for Todd, Sally and their young family,” he said.
“We’re disappointed to see him go. He has been really popular at the club and has made a fantastic contribution on and off the field but he has more important matters to worry about right now.
“We wish Todd and Sally all the best and just hope everything works out well for them.”
After NRL premiership success with Melbourne last year, Lowrie came to Mount Smart Stadium on a two-year contract.
“We love Auckland and had settled in well. It’s a great place to live and a fantastic club to be a part of,” said Lowrie.
“It’s really sad to be leaving so soon but family is the only consideration for us at the moment.”
In 21 matches this year, the 30-year-old Lowrie was one of the Vodafone Warriors’ busiest and most effective defenders, making 659 tackles, an average of 31.4 a game; only Nathan Friend, Elijah Taylor and Simon Mannering topped his numbers.

Lowrie released on compassionate grounds - New Zealand Warriors

He's coming your way...

Yes, as our starting hooker I'm sure McCullough is sweating bulets about a very average BACKROWER possibly coming to the club (god I hope he isn't)

My sources at the Warriors say he is headed your way. He wouldnt have left if he didnt have something lined up.

He wont make your starting squad IMO but who knows. Has a reputation for being a really hard trainer. Dont think he's a very effective tackler and he's certainly not a ball playing 2nd rower. Not bad depth during Origin period...

Yes. my mistake I confused him with hinchcliffe.

Lowrie signing is correct.

Wow, Todd Lowrie. A half as good version of Parker.

Odd that we would sign him. Can't see the need

Todd Lowrie.... Why!?

We have Glenn, Thaiday, Parker and Gillett fighting it out for 3 spots, as well as promising young blokes like Oates and Timu (is he staying on yet or not?) and Stagg covers the veteran role.

I'm sure Lowrie will perform ok, I just don't understand the signing.

Does that mean Stagg is retiring?? Surely don't need both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.