Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys Neil Henry has a beard and is available

You're beginning to sound like that Parra supporter who rated Kearney because he had a big head. :laugh:

It's been a tough few seasons Beads. We deserve better than Griffin and Henry.

Yeah, Henry is hopeless too. That Cowboys squad he had should have won a premiership, or at the very least really competed for them. But no, he couldn't even manage an overall 50% winning record.

Week 10 - Kevin Walters hired as Assistant Coach
Week 11 - Broncos lose
Week 12 - Anthony Griffin sacked, Kevin Walters named caretaker
Week 13 - Broncos lose
Week 14 - Stephen Kearney sacked, Kevin Walters hires a new assistant-coach
Week 15-26 - Broncos win every game, Kevin Walters is re-signed on a 10 year deal.

Plausible!

Yeah tbh I don't really rate Henry that highly but he does have a beard...

Kirk Reynoldson for coach then

14s_kirk_wideweb__430x291.jpg

Worth posting here too

“I’ve had a ball at Ipswich. It was a different brand of football, I had a free rein to pass and the Walker boys even gave me a message to chip kick in the final minutes."

Confirming what we all know, griffin tells his forwards not to pass...

Worth posting here too

“I’ve had a ball at Ipswich. It was a different brand of football, I had a free rein to pass and the Walker boys even gave me a message to chip kick in the final minutes."

Confirming what we all know, griffin tells his forwards not to pass...

griffin sucks more than we realize. hannant probably got dropped for asking if he can pass more. how much longer do we need to suffer

Yeah, Henry is hopeless too. That Cowboys squad he had should have won a premiership, or at the very least really competed for them. But no, he couldn't even manage an overall 50% winning record.

We should hire Henry and tell him he's gone at the end of the season.

we should hire the walker brothers they seem to be doing great things in qld cup. they could be caretakers until we get a permanent coach at which point they can be assistants.

Is there an email address at the Broncos Hq that we can all email our disgust for the coach and let them know that we as broncos members are done settling for mediocrity and until something changes we won't be renewing our memberships. I know I speak for myself when I say that and will continue being a member but maybe if they get enough emails from members it might get the powers upstairs thinking? It's just getting to the point where another season looks like being written off and although last year you kind of accepted it because you thought that would signal the end for Hook, The rabble continues without and end in sight!

I think the club knows about the disdain for Griffin.

I remember last year, the club's Facebook and Twitter was getting absolutely bombarded, and consequently, they posted status'/tweets you wouldn't expect from the club. I mean, most sporting teams use social media as a propaganda tool to drum up interest, sell shit and only ever say good stuff. The Broncos social media output towards the end of last year was along the lines of 'hey, we know how shit we're doing, can you please ease up and hopefully we'll do better next week'.

I haven't explained that very well, but that's how I saw it. If the club doesn't realise how disillusioned the supporters are with this current regime, then they need to wake the **** up.

Well, they need to wake the **** up anyway and sort this rabble of a team out. We are a shadow of what we once were.

I think the club knows about the disdain for Griffin.

I remember last year, the club's Facebook and Twitter was getting absolutely bombarded, and consequently, they posted status'/tweets you wouldn't expect from the club. I mean, most sporting teams use social media as a propaganda tool to drum up interest, sell shit and only ever say good stuff. The Broncos social media output towards the end of last year was along the lines of 'hey, we know how shit we're doing, can you please ease up and hopefully we'll do better next week'.

I haven't explained that very well, but that's how I saw it. If the club doesn't realise how disillusioned the supporters are with this current regime, then they need to wake the **** up.

Well, they need to wake the **** up anyway and sort this rabble of a team out. We are a shadow of what we once were.

I've always wondered what the official roll of the person who controls the facebook and twitter page is at the club. Surely that isn't their full time job?

Is there an email address at the Broncos Hq that we can all email our disgust for the coach and let them know that we as broncos members are done settling for mediocrity and until something changes we won't be renewing our memberships. I know I speak for myself when I say that and will continue being a member but maybe if they get enough emails from members it might get the powers upstairs thinking? It's just getting to the point where another season looks like being written off and although last year you kind of accepted it because you thought that would signal the end for Hook, The rabble continues without and end in sight!

reception@raiders.com.au

Week 10 - Kevin Walters hired as Assistant Coach
Week 11 - Broncos lose
Week 12 - Anthony Griffin sacked, Kevin Walters named caretaker
Week 13 - Broncos lose
Week 14 - Stephen Kearney sacked, Kevin Walters hires a new assistant-coach
Week 15-26 - Broncos win every game, Kevin Walters is re-signed on a 10 year deal.

Plausible!

quick question ... what has Kevin Walters done in his coaching career that makes him an automatic selection to replace Griffin.

Yes ... he is a Broncos legend, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be a great coach for us.

I personally would be disappointed in the board if they limited the scope of the new coach hunt to Kevin Walters, i want them to search the rugby league universe to find the best coach, we can get. IMO, we deserve the best. If that turns out to be Walters so be it, but there may be someone better out there. maybe even someone we have never heard of.

I've always wondered what the official roll of the person who controls the facebook and twitter page is at the club. Surely that isn't their full time job?

Nah, it'd be just one of the many areas someone in the media/marketing department covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • The Don
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.