Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If that's true, it's fucking idiotic.

He might think he's punishing Kennedy by doing that, but really, he's punishing the team by making them play with one less player. Plus, as [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] just mentioned, it's not like he was having a stinker.

Words fail me.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It isn't the worst call...yet. If he doesn't drop Kennedy for the Titans game then it will be.

He was ordinary against the Cowboys. Keep in mind too, he's been blasted in the media and was under all sorts of pressure, this should have been a statement game for him. Instead, he just about concedes a try to Michael Morgan, misses a tackle on Rona which ends up drawing a vital penalty in a game where very few were blown and drops the ball in prime field position with a silly loose carry.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Any reports on how Hannant went for Ipswich?

T

T-rent

NYC Player
May 9, 2014
Hook would be the second worse coach in the comp only just to Stuart. I think with the team we have we should be a lot higher up the ladder. He just doesn't seam to have a game plan, can't rotate his forwards. I can't see us signing any high profile players while he is at the club . I still wouldn't be surprised if Milford does stay at the Raiders why would you want to play under a coach like hook

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Based upon recent results, you'd think the knives would be out soon (may well be sharpening them in the back room as we speak).

Despite our shortcomings (depth up front, quality 5/8, goal kicking), we have the talent to succeed. Hannant's comments about being free to ball play confirms that they're being held back by conservative game planning. I don't advocate an NZ / Parra style of play, but surely there's a happy medium that'd suit us.

I'm still going to support the team, and make live games whenever I can, but I'll feel better about it with a new coach at the helm. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of viable options.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Hook would be the second worse coach in the comp only just to Stuart. I think with the team we have we should be a lot higher up the ladder. He just doesn't seam to have a game plan, can't rotate his forwards. I can't see us signing any high profile players while he is at the club . I still wouldn't be surprised if Milford does stay at the Raiders why would you want to play under a coach like hook

Prediction: Anthony Milford will never be coached by Anthony Griffin and Anthony Griffin will never coach Anthony Milford ...

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Was listening to sunday nrl on triple m, gordie addressed the whole ben hannant issue and also mentioned something that i found interesting he said that there are players in the current roster who are hated by former players and current players. seems as tho the culture is fucked. Round 9 hour 3 about 9mins 25sec into it

Sunday Triple M NRL With Matty Johns Podcast | Triple M NRL

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Thanks [MENTION=8345]cammac[/MENTION]...I feel physically ill after listening to that. Utterly disgraceful (if true). They are losing me very quickly...please, someone stop the rot, I'm begging you...

: heartbroken :

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, the Bulldogs style is entertaining and fairly effective. You still need an excellent spine (or at least someone like SBW in form) to compete for a premiership, but boy they really came close with theirs.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
^^ I'm predicting the hated players in particular are probably Griffins clique. No doubt includes Reed and Hoffman.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Thanks @cammac...I feel physically ill after listening to that. Utterly disgraceful (if true). They are losing me very quickly...please, someone stop the rot, I'm begging you...

: heartbroken :

Must admit i felt exactly the same. Think its prob a lot deeper than we realised.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Gordie is not exactly reliable when it comes to info. How many times does has he talked shit in the media and it didn't end up being true?

Guy is as clueless as the next guy..

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Gordie is not exactly reliable when it comes to info. How many times does has he talked shit in the media and it didn't end up being true?

Guy is as clueless as the next guy..

He has a fair idea what is happening around the club. Id say he knows more than the average punter.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
This is true, [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION], but the other explanation for dropping Hannant ("not enough aggression"?) just doesn't hold water. Maybe he doesn't fit in - I don't really care, we're paying him $$ to perform on the field, he IS performing on the field, and one of our better performers at that, so let it be.

If he was dropped for telling younger blokes they're worth more and could likely get it elsewhere - well, he's probably telling the truth, isn't he? Like it or not. No reason to be dropped IMO. It doesn't mean they WILL go elsewhere either. Gah!

True or not - there is something very wrong with the club, and it's been obvious for quite some time. It must stop. We are the Broncos FFS, we are better than this tripe...

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Actually, my partner just told me something very interesting about Hannant and a connection to his family... I'm not sure what to think now, but I believe Gordie could be talking about Hannant with the 'most hated' player.

Really don't know what to think now.

Pm....

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This is true, @Super Freak, but the other explanation for dropping Hannant ("not enough aggression"?) just doesn't hold water. Maybe he doesn't fit in - I don't really care, we're paying him $$ to perform on the field, he IS performing on the field, and one of our better performers at that, so let it be.

If he was dropped for telling younger blokes they're worth more and could likely get it elsewhere - well, he's probably telling the truth, isn't he? Like it or not. No reason to be dropped IMO. It doesn't mean they WILL go elsewhere either. Gah!

True or not - there is something very wrong with the club, and it's been obvious for quite some time. It must stop. We are the Broncos FFS, we are better than this tripe...

if that was the reason for him getting dropped then there isn't a coach (or sporting club) in the world that wouldn't have acted as Griffin did ... and if that was the reason, and Hannant did those things that is really poor form on his part. .

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I wonder who would be the most likely "Hated" players in the current roster, Reed & Hoffman would have to be at the top of the list for mine, they seemingly get a free pass every week, no matter how poorly they play, plus Reed just seems like whining bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.