Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
if that was the reason for him getting dropped then there isn't a coach (or sporting club) in the world that wouldn't have acted as Griffin did ... and if that was the reason, and Hannant did those things that is really poor form on his part. .

Yeah giving people honest advice when they come to you and ask you is def a reason to be dropped :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with helping a young bloke out, its his obligation as a senior player, it is a business after all.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah giving people honest advice when they come to you and ask you is def a reason to be dropped :rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with helping a young bloke out, its his obligation as a senior player, it is a business after all.

your agenda against Griffin is clearly binding you here ... every single sporting club in the world would take action against a player if he acted in such a way.

there are certainly plenty of reasons to get rid of Griffin, but if Hannant acted in that way, then dropping him isn't one of those reasons.

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
I wonder who would be the most likely "Hated" players in the current roster, Reed & Hoffman would have to be at the top of the list for mine, they seemingly get a free pass every week, no matter how poorly they play, plus Reed just seems like whining bastard.

Funny I have been saying that about Reed plus the fact he cannot tackle - is as slow as my grandmother - god bless her soul as she has been dead for 30 years - trips over worms in the ground when he runs - has terrible hands - alah dropped ball over the try line - for the last 12 month but used to cop a pounding from most on here about it - Alex Glenn has not done anything this year nor last - when was the last time he made a line break by himself - I cannot remember - Hoffman is a great winger as he does not have to pass the ball and HOOK AND GEE NEED TO GO NOW

Don't ask me who I would have in his place - my pick for the moment is Kevie or what about Neil Henry - at least he has brains - but anyone is better than Hook

Lets find someone who can get the team to attack - now that would be a novel approach

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
your agenda against Griffin is clearly binding you here ... every single sporting club in the world would take action against a player if he acted in such a way.

there are certainly plenty of reasons to get rid of Griffin, but if Hannant acted in that way, then dropping him isn't one of those reasons.

I completely disagree Tallis spoke freely today of many of the senior players back when he was playing giving the young guys advice on their contracts. If you think they wouldn't ask advice of an old head asking what they think they are worth etc, you're kidding yourself.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I completely disagree Tallis spoke freely today of many of the senior players back when he was playing giving the young guys advice on their contracts. If you think they wouldn't ask advice of an old head asking what they think they are worth etc, you're kidding yourself.

young players may ask advice, but if that advice is a senior player telling him to leave, then that is a surefire way to destabilize a club. and also a guarantee that the club will act quickly in response to it.

No way in hell Bennett would stand for it ... besides that's what player managers are for.

if a senior player in the AFL started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

if a senior player in the EPL started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

if a senior player in the NFL started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

if a senior player in the MLB started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

I'm not saying that is what Hannant did, but if he did then you can not blame the coach and the club from acting and acting severely.

as i said, there are many reasons to sack Griffin, but if Hannant acted as stated in that scenario, dropping him is not one of them.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
young players may ask advice, but if that advice is a senior player telling him to leave, then that is a surefire way to destabilize a club. and also a guarantee that the club will act quickly in response to it.

No way in hell Bennett would stand for it ... besides that's what player managers are for.

if a senior player in the AFL started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

if a senior player in the EPL started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

if a senior player in the NFL started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

if a senior player in the MLB started telling the clubs youths to leave ... the club would be furious and act.

I'm not saying that is what Hannant did, but if he did then you can not blame the coach and the club from acting and acting severely.

as i said, there are many reasons to sack Griffin, but if Hannant acted as stated in that scenario, dropping him is not one of them.
You are completely spinning it. There is nothing that said he told them to just up and leave, he may have told them to test their worth, which is not a problem at all player managers do it all the time. What you think he is just trying to get young kids out the door? he's giving honest advice I'm happy as larry for him to do it, and lets be honest here football is about playing ability a coach who has a vendetta out about shit like this does not have the teams interest at heart, so it is def a reason to axe the grub.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Actually, my partner just told me something very interesting about Hannant and a connection to his family... I'm not sure what to think now, but I believe Gordie could be talking about Hannant with the 'most hated' player.

Really don't know what to think now.

Nah, he was talking about other players at the Broncs not being popular and saying that's why he thought it rubbish that Hannant was dropped for being unpopular when others were hated but not dropped.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, thats how I first took it while playing it with my partner. I'd rather think the best of Benny, personally.

Yeah pretty sure thats what gordie was saying that benny was a decent bloke and there were others that were not liked, and then Matty chimed in asking whether they were on side with the coach etc.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You are completely spinning it. There is nothing that said he told them to just up and leave, he may have told them to test their worth, which is not a problem at all player managers do it all the time. What you think he is just trying to get young kids out the door? he's giving honest advice I'm happy as larry for him to do it, and lets be honest here football is about playing ability a coach who has a vendetta out about shit like this does not have the teams interest at heart, so it is def a reason to axe the grub.

if Cam Smith told young players to test their worth, then Bellamy would be furious ... if Burgess told young players to test their worth, Maguire would be furious...

Player managers on the other hand get paid to do that and your deluding yourself if you don't think nearly every player in the NRL tests their worth on the open market come contract time (especially these days)

as i said i don't know if Hannant said this type of thing to players (if anything), but if he did there isn't a coach in world sport who wouldn't act. I want Griffin gone as much as the next person (unless they are the opposition), but i wont use BS as a reason to get rid of him when there are plenty of legit reasons

there are plenty of reasons for you to be able to push your anti-Griffin legitimately, you don't need to use BS reasons...

legitimate reasons could include (but certainly not limited to): player selection, game plan/tactics, use of interchange, results etc.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
if Cam Smith told young players to test their worth, then Bellamy would be furious ... if Burgess told young players to test their worth, Maguire would be furious...

Player managers on the other hand get paid to do that and your deluding yourself if you don't think nearly every player in the NRL tests their worth on the open market come contract time (especially these days)

as i said i don't know if Hannant said this type of thing to players (if anything), but if he did there isn't a coach in world sport who wouldn't act. I want Griffin gone as much as the next person (unless they are the opposition), but i wont use BS as a reason to get rid of him when there are plenty of legit reasons

there are plenty of reasons for you to be able to push your anti-Griffin legitimately, you don't need to use BS reasons...

legitimate reasons could include (but certainly not limited to): player selection, game plan/tactics, use of interchange, results etc.

I don't believe that to be the case so we will agree to disagree. But i do feel this falls under the category of player selection. He put is personal feelings above the best interest of the team.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I had to lol at the last couple pages.

I might have misread but did one guy wildly speculate that Hannant MAY have said something to younger players and a-thousand-posts-about-it later people were arguing over the semantics of the untrue hypothetical situation?

Also I had chuckle at people assuming it was reed and Hoffman that were out of favour within the team, like the most important thing for the players getting along with their co-workers is how consistent a guy is during an 80 minute period once a week and not how they act the over thousands of hours they spend together a year. If it even is true that there's in fighting then it could be literally any player for literally any reason (current form probably being the least likely).

I imagine office workers that don't get along is usually caused by personality traits and not about how well they can out together a power point presentation.

Can we get back to getting hook fired now please?

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
I had to lol at the last couple pages.

I might have misread but did one guy wildly speculate that Hannant MAY have said something to younger players and a-thousand-posts-about-it later people were arguing over the semantics of the untrue hypothetical situation?

Also I had chuckle at people assuming it was reed and Hoffman that were out of favour within the team, like the most important thing for the players getting along with their co-workers is how consistent a guy is during an 80 minute period once a week and not how they act the over thousands of hours they spend together a year. If it even is true that there's in fighting then it could be literally any player for literally any reason (current form probably being the least likely).

I imagine office workers that don't get along is usually caused by personality traits and not about how well they can out together a power point presentation.

Can we get back to getting hook fired now please?

Hardly a wild speculation by anyone on here, its being spoken about in the media. But yes fire hook.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This is true, [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION], but the other explanation for dropping Hannant ("not enough aggression"?) just doesn't hold water. Maybe he doesn't fit in - I don't really care, we're paying him $$ to perform on the field, he IS performing on the field, and one of our better performers at that, so let it be.

If he was dropped for telling younger blokes they're worth more and could likely get it elsewhere - well, he's probably telling the truth, isn't he? Like it or not. No reason to be dropped IMO. It doesn't mean they WILL go elsewhere either. Gah!

True or not - there is something very wrong with the club, and it's been obvious for quite some time. It must stop. We are the Broncos FFS, we are better than this tripe...

Obviously we don't know if hannant said that to the younger players or not. However if he did say that too right it is cause to be dropped and if he did (purely hypothetical) he can **** right off.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Obviously we don't know if hannant said that to the younger players or not. However if he did say that too right it is cause to be dropped and if he did (purely hypothetical) he can **** right off.

So we should rip players off? Or players shouldn't look out for each other? If a player asked Ben what he felt he was worth etc etc there is nothing wrong with it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

So it has been alleged that he has advised some younger players to sign elsewhere, and you have no problem with that?

This is all hypothetical obviously because we don't know what happened, so for instance everyone is losing their shit over j nikorima, and if hannant had convinced him to leave the club you think that is fine?

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
So it has been alleged that he has advised some younger players to sign elsewhere, and you have no problem with that?

This is all hypothetical obviously because we don't know what happened, so for instance everyone is losing their shit over j nikorima, and if hannant had convinced him to leave the club you think that is fine?

That is ludicrous, he has allegedly told a player who sought out his advice that he thought the player was worth more then the club was offering, i see absolutely nothing wrong with that. He is not saying oh mate i think you should go and play in melb or go and play for parra.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Funny I have been saying that about Reed plus the fact he cannot tackle - is as slow as my grandmother - god bless her soul as she has been dead for 30 years - trips over worms in the ground when he runs - has terrible hands - alah dropped ball over the try line - for the last 12 month but used to cop a pounding from most on here about it - Alex Glenn has not done anything this year nor last - when was the last time he made a line break by himself - I cannot remember - Hoffman is a great winger as he does not have to pass the ball and HOOK AND GEE NEED TO GO NOW

Don't ask me who I would have in his place - my pick for the moment is Kevie or what about Neil Henry - at least he has brains - but anyone is better than Hook

Lets find someone who can get the team to attack - now that would be a novel approach

You've done well to be telling us all this for twelve months, seeing you've only been a member for 6

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That is ludicrous, he has allegedly told a player who sought out his advice that he thought the player was worth more then the club was offering, i see absolutely nothing wrong with that. He is not saying oh mate i think you should go and play in melb or go and play for parra.

Right. Hopefully more players take his example and tell our younger guys they are worth more and should test their value, meaning we either lose these players or have less space in the cap.

That's awesome because I don't care about winning and making sure they players get too dollar is all I care about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behold
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • HarryAllan7
  • broncoscope
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.