Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

This might have me run out of town, but...we need to sack Alfie. He offers nothing. We need an assistant coach who can actually coach.

Can you elaborate Coxy? How do we know Alf offers nothing?

Well I'm making the assumption that Alfie has a bit to do with the attacking game plan, and particularly the halves. Given that's where we've gone backwards just makes me think we need a change of personnel there.

Sure, we need to get a decent half in there, no question, but I think having a decent tactical attacking coach might help. Alfie was instinctive. Could never teach what he did, when and why. And let's also face it, his skills were unique, not orthodox.

This might have me run out of town, but...we need to sack Alfie. He offers nothing. We need an assistant coach who can actually coach.

I agree.

I have never like ex players working at their old clubs, when there are players still playing that they played along side of.

Still, I don't think the season is quite over yet. Penrith can play anyone into form and I think there was too much shown against the Dogs and Storm. We don't really have the attacking quality to win it but I think we can still salvage something.

Our season is over, we will be relying on other teams to lose just to squeak into the 8. We will be flat out beating Penrith as well.

TBH sacking Alfie might not be such a bad idea, bring in someone like Kevin Walters who relied more on his playmaking then being an individual who maybe could actually work with our playmakers in a constructive way.

We could miss the finals twice in the space of 3 years. What has happened to this club?

TBH sacking Alfie might not be such a bad idea, bring in someone like Kevin Walters who relied more on his playmaking then being an individual who maybe could actually work with our playmakers in a constructive way.

There's that image problem again. Always looking to ex-players to fill the void, be it Kevvie or Alfie or some other Bronco. Between Griffin's contract extension, the releasing of Gagai and guys like Alfie still being around I wonder if we aren't more concerned with what seems like a happy notion than what is actually effective.

I think we should hire people from outside of the club.

It seems to be a job for the boys.

Agree with you there Coxy, you look back to the early days of the Broncos, it wasn't till Kevin Walters came into 5/8th that the Broncos really looked like a consistant football side that could pressure the top sides of the competition on a consistant basis, thats no disrespect to langer but he was definitely more instinctive then he was calling the big plays that was left to the likes of Lewis and Walters, I'm with you I just don't think he is capable of teaching our current playmakers the way they should be taught.

Well in fairness we have played arguably the three best teams in the past three weeks and while we have barely looked like scoring a point since that Cowboys game, at least our defense has been somewhat reasonable in recent weeks - especially considering how much pressure our awful attack is putting on the team in defense. A similar patch in 2010 would've seen us concede 30+ points against each of the storm/bulldogs/manly.

I will say though I am finding it difficult to see how we can succeed in 2013 with the 1/6/7/9 that we've currently got - or rather, haven't got. It is a worry that Hoffman is supposed to be our first-choice fullback in 2013 yet is playing wing, our first-choice 5/8 is playing like crap and being shuffled around the bench and fullback and we've still got Ben Hunt with no clear role in the team.

There's that image problem again. Always looking to ex-players to fill the void, be it Kevvie or Alfie or some other Bronco. Between Griffin's contract extension, the releasing of Gagai and guys like Alfie still being around I wonder if we aren't more concerned with what seems like a happy notion than what is actually effective.

To be fair I don't necessarily think it even has to be Kevin Walters infact someone on the outside would probably be ideal, I was more using him as the type of coach I would like if it was an ex playmaker.

Last edited:

Our attack is pathetic. The club needs to find out why. Coach.. Alfie... Players... I don't know. Just fix the ****ing thing.

Ridiculous thread. Maybe blow off some steam and see how you feel in the morning?

The injuries, post origin hangover and complete loss of confidence have all hindered us during the last two months. There's no magic fix but there was some magic there earlier this season and that's what everyone needs to keep in mind. Yeah it's been a god awful slump but most teams are going to cop a bad run at some point. What good would sacking the coach do right now? We're not Parramatta you know.

Would rather be a club filled with integrity then one who scores a few consolation wins.

Seriously, this thread makes me disappointed to be a Broncos fan.

I wouldn't give a rats if the Broncos lost every game, as long as they put in an effort.

ATM, the effort isn't there.

We aren't playing as a team. That to me is the sad part.

2010 all over again, I thought Griffin was different to Henjak.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.