Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Gillett dropped?
Drop our captain?
Drop the best centre we currently have?

No.

I wouldn't drop Gillett or Hodges at this stage, many players i'd lose before them but i wouldnt be outraged if Thaiday moved on, could be good for Thaiday as well.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yep, I want to get rid of the overpriced average Joe's and start again.
Wow, you have no idea how glad I am that you have nothing to do with our retention and recruitment! :001_rolleyes:

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
from our current squad the only players that i would be keeping are:

Dale Copley (give him another year, hes shown to be improving)
Alex Glenn
Jake Granville
David Hala (but get him on the treadmill, needs to be able to play 40 minutes at least)
Ben Hannant
Josh Hoffman
Ben Hunt (needs to be given a starting half spot for a season)
Jordan Kahu (get him off the wing, he doesnt get involved out there)
Josh McGuire
Corey Parker
Scott Prince (only until we can buy a top class half, which we need to AGGRESSIVELY pursue)
Jack Reed (until we can buy a top class centre)
Jharal Yow Yeh

get rid of the rest. we could replace the rest with any Q-Cup nuffies and theyd do the same job. that gives us a decent base to work with for the future if you ask me. couple of good work rate props, hooker, couple of second rowers, couple of wingers/centres/fullbacks, 1 experienced half and 1 unproven.

1 - Jordan Kahu
2 - Josh Hoffman
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Justin Hodges
5 - Aaron Whitchurch
6 - Scott Prince
7 - Ashley Taylor
8 - Ben Hannant
9 - Peter Wallace
10 - Josh McGuire
11 - Alex Glenn
12 - Sam Thaiday
13 - Corey Parker

14 - Matt Gillett
15 - David Hala
16 - David Stagg
17 - Caleb Timu

Give Ben Hunt, Andrew McCullough, Jake Granville and Lachlan Maranta permanent starting spots in Queensland Cup teams for the rest of the season to try and develop their games for the future.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I actually don't mind that squad, but I'm not sure throwing a kid who played a dozen U20's games in this team is a good idea...

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I doubt Stagg will play football again. If he does, I hope it's not for Brisbane.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I actually don't mind that squad, but I'm not sure throwing a kid who played a dozen U20's games in this team is a good idea...

Yeah you're right, maybe we could sign.. never mind, our management doesn't do that.

I'd have Wallace at starting Hooker until the end of the season, which leaves the only capable Halves anywhere near the Broncos as Prince, Hunt, Taylor. And Hunt has played absolutely awful with every opportunity he's had.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think you make some good points draggx. I think Hannant, Gillett, Thaiday, Hodges should be moved on, they are not worth persisting with. If Glenn keeps up his poor performance you can throw him into that list as well.

You mean the guys who didnt play last night???

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
from our current squad the only players that i would be keeping are:

Dale Copley (give him another year, hes shown to be improving)
Alex Glenn
Jake Granville
David Hala (but get him on the treadmill, needs to be able to play 40 minutes at least)
Ben Hannant
Josh Hoffman
Ben Hunt (needs to be given a starting half spot for a season)
Jordan Kahu (get him off the wing, he doesnt get involved out there)
Josh McGuire
Corey Parker
Scott Prince (only until we can buy a top class half, which we need to AGGRESSIVELY pursue)
Jack Reed (until we can buy a top class centre)
Jharal Yow Yeh

get rid of the rest. we could replace the rest with any Q-Cup nuffies and theyd do the same job. that gives us a decent base to work with for the future if you ask me. couple of good work rate props, hooker, couple of second rowers, couple of wingers/centres/fullbacks, 1 experienced half and 1 unproven.

I mostly agree with you here but as for Hala, he did play 35 minutes last night so he's clearly already improving his fitness. He also made the most metres out of the forwards besides Glenn who played 80.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Long time lurker of this site and have been enjoying just reading people's views over the years. Haven't had the urge to post until now. But I just felt I needed to say something after all the hulabaloo since last night's out-of-character proceedings.

Some of the comments and opinions on here are truly bewildering, not to mention in some cases, disgraceful in regard to comments of the players and especially the coach.

The fickleness of many on here is a real eye-opener and proves that some fans are only willing to stand by the team when things are going well.

Call yourself Broncos fans? Many of you need to take a good look in the mirror and reassess if you really want to be fans of this team. Perhaps you should not support any sporting team at all if you are not prepared to go through both the good times, and the bad.

I have every confidence in Hook and the staff behind the scenes, but more specifically, in the boys that proudly wear the jumper that they will quickly make amends and make last night seem like a distant memory before too long. Don't give up, let's get out and show Hook and the lads we are truly behind them!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Long time lurker of this site and have been enjoying just reading people's views over the years. Haven't had the urge to post until now. But I just felt I needed to say something after all the hulabaloo since last night's out-of-character proceedings.

Some of the comments and opinions on here are truly bewildering, not to mention in some cases, disgraceful in regard to comments of the players and especially the coach.

The fickleness of many on here is a real eye-opener and proves that some fans are only willing to stand by the team when things are going well.

Call yourself Broncos fans? Many of you need to take a good look in the mirror and reassess if you really want to be fans of this team. Perhaps you should not support any sporting team at all if you are not prepared to go through both the good times, and the bad.

I have every confidence in Hook and the staff behind the scenes, but more specifically, in the boys that proudly wear the jumper that they will quickly make amends and make last night seem like a distant memory before too long. Don't give up, let's get out and show Hook and the lads we are truly behind them!
Firstly welcome to the forums.

Criticising the team for not going well just shows that we actually CARE about how the club is going. What is bewildering is you suggesting we shouldn't support any sport team at all if we're going to have any criticism of them when they've been going downhill for over a year.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
hi, let's get down to business.

What makes you think that Hook will turn this around? Can you provide some insight as to why you feel, against the weight of opinion, that Griffin does have what it takes? It's all well and good to say he'll turn it around, but do you have anything to back this up apart from the fact we're the Broncos and this hasn't happened before?

For example, if you are satisfied with how we are travelling (you must be to be calling us fickle), can you explain what your breaking point would be? Wooden spoon? Missing the finals? Attracting no decent players? None of the above? Let us know at what point we can stop being fickle and start being rankled supporters?

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Crticising the team/coach/club doesn't mean you are not a fan. Similarly having 100% confidence in team/coach/club does not make you a better fan than others. Its all about opinions.

I find most people on this site do not get personal about their opinions of players, its all related to performance so not sure what you find so disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Cavalo
  • BooKhaki
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Wendall Taylor
  • rj9
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.