Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker of this site and have been enjoying just reading people's views over the years. Haven't had the urge to post until now. But I just felt I needed to say something after all the hulabaloo since last night's out-of-character proceedings.

Some of the comments and opinions on here are truly bewildering, not to mention in some cases, disgraceful in regard to comments of the players and especially the coach.

The fickleness of many on here is a real eye-opener and proves that some fans are only willing to stand by the team when things are going well.

Call yourself Broncos fans? Many of you need to take a good look in the mirror and reassess if you really want to be fans of this team. Perhaps you should not support any sporting team at all if you are not prepared to go through both the good times, and the bad.

I have every confidence in Hook and the staff behind the scenes, but more specifically, in the boys that proudly wear the jumper that they will quickly make amends and make last night seem like a distant memory before too long. Don't give up, let's get out and show Hook and the lads we are truly behind them!
oh great, another 'youre not a real fan' poster lol.

a real fan, IMO, is one who wants their team to do whats best for the team, not just blindly support every decision they make. at this stage, whats best for the team is a cleanout. a full blown cleanout of the playing roster and management. we dont have the talent on the field or off the field to win a premiership, and no amount of hopes and dreams and being a 'real' fan will win us one with this situation we're in.

im so vocal in my criticism BECAUSE i love the team so much. i hate seeing us make dumb decision after dumb decision. to me, if you just blindly support them, it shows that you dont actually care about the club - you only care about being able to say you support the club.

i mean, lets see how we're travelling this year:

Opposition - current ladder position - result
Manly - 4 - lose
St George - 13 - win
Sydney - 3 - lose
Melbourne - 2 - lose
Gold Coast - 5 - win
North QLD - 12 - win
Wests - 16 - win
Souths - 1 - lose
Parramatta - 15 - lose
Gold Coast - 5 - win
Canterbury - 9 - lose
New Zealand - 14 (were 16th before they beat us) - lose

so we beat st george, who are in shambles, the titans twice, who played terribly both times and in one game threw the game away via about 10 penalties in a row, north qld who are just bloody terrible even with a star studded roster, wests who are also in shambles and shopping around their golden boy....do you see why its not all peaches and cream for the broncos? do you see cause for concern?

Last edited:
EDIT: Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time lurker of this site and have been enjoying just reading people's views over the years. Haven't had the urge to post until now. But I just felt I needed to say something after all the hulabaloo since last night's out-of-character proceedings.

Some of the comments and opinions on here are truly bewildering, not to mention in some cases, disgraceful in regard to comments of the players and especially the coach.

The fickleness of many on here is a real eye-opener and proves that some fans are only willing to stand by the team when things are going well.

Call yourself Broncos fans? Many of you need to take a good look in the mirror and reassess if you really want to be fans of this team. Perhaps you should not support any sporting team at all if you are not prepared to go through both the good times, and the bad.

I have every confidence in Hook and the staff behind the scenes, but more specifically, in the boys that proudly wear the jumper that they will quickly make amends and make last night seem like a distant memory before too long. Don't give up, let's get out and show Hook and the lads we are truly behind them!

so one of Griffin's family members / friends has signed up to bhq, brilliant .... so tell me, is "hook" as hopelessly out of his depth as it appears in terms of coaching & recruiting at NRL level or is he actually a "mole" planted by someone looking to slowly disolve the reputation of the Broncos ?

You know it

Attachments

• art_stephen-kearney-200x0.jpg
    art_stephen-kearney-200x0.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 134
I think a lot of us are finally realising that we just don't have the team to do the job. It's got nothing to do about supporting the club. It's about coming to terms with the fact that the Broncos got it wrong. We haven't done anything right since we kept Bennett for one or two years too long and let couldn't sign the deal with Bellamy. I think we'd be in Melbourne's position if we had grabbed Bellamy, but without the scandal.

You can only support 1 team, you support brisbane and melbourne.
why can you only support one team?

i support the broncos, cowboys, and titans, in that order. i enjoy watching melbourne play and i want them to go well because they have lots of my favourite QLD players. if it came down to it though, i want the broncos/cowboys/titans to win a premiership over them every day of the week.

The notion that fans can't be critical is laughable.
The fact that people want to pick constructive criticism from last night is laughable. There's nothing constructive you can take out of that game. The players simply raised the white flag and gave up. It was all too hard.

Am I going to speak positively of a team of players who couldn't be arsed to make a tackle? No.
Am I going to stop supporting the club? No.
Am I going to not support them next week? No.

But **** you if you're going to try and tell me I can't tell players like Andrew McCullough, Scott Anderson, Alex Glenn, Aaron Whitchurch, Ben Hunt, Corey Norman that you disgraced the jersey you wore last night.

I remember after Origin in 2007, we've had pretty much half or possibly more of our salary cap on the sidelines - Lockyer, Tate, Hodges, Hunt, Berrigan and possibly some others. Now we didn't win a lot of games, but you could tell the effort was there, they were all putting in 100%. This just isn't happening under Griffin. Like shit, I've seen more heart from the team in some of the games under Henjak, like the win against Melbourne in 09 and a few of the games against the Dragons.

why can you only support one team?

i support the broncos, cowboys, and titans, in that order. i enjoy watching melbourne play and i want them to go well because they have lots of my favourite QLD players. if it came down to it though, i want the broncos/cowboys/titans to win a premiership over them every day of the week.

Broncos should be number 1 man, Cowboys don't give a **** about our feelings and neither do the Titans.

Cowboys don't give a **** about our feelings and neither do the Titans.
i dont understand what youre trying to say here? lol

But **** you if you're going to try and tell me I can't tell players like Andrew McCullough, Scott Anderson, Alex Glenn, Aaron Whitchurch, Ben Hunt, Corey Norman that you disgraced the jersey you wore last night.
i was especially pissed off with Normans "chase" on vatuvai. looked like norman was going for a light jog, didnt even try to run him down. he was well within distance, shouldve got him in 20m.

They treat us like shit on their respective forums, I say we do the same.

Support only 1 team and **** everyone else.

Plain and simple.

They treat us like **** on their respective forums, I say we do the same.

Have to defend AP here. There's nothing wrong with having 2nd or 3rd favourite teams who you support too. Lots of people do it. I certainly have soft spot for the Cowboys when they're not playing the Broncos...doesn't mean I don't want us to unleash hell on them when we play them, nor get angry when we lose.

The notion that fans can't be critical is laughable.
The fact that people want to pick constructive criticism from last night is laughable. There's nothing constructive you can take out of that game. The players simply raised the white flag and gave up. It was all too hard.

Am I going to speak positively of a team of players who couldn't be arsed to make a tackle? No.
Am I going to stop supporting the club? No.
Am I going to not support them next week? No.

I screamed that last sentence out in my head, it was a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.