Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
There I said it.
His coaching has been woeful this year. We have nothing in attack, he's made no improvements to the team. His recruitment and retention is just terrible. He drops players like Maranta for a woeful Hoffman. The use of the bench is amateurish at best. He never fires the team up. He gave Thaiday captaincy.

/rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sack Griffin

I'm not entirely against this idea..
Other than it looks pretty bad just to sack every coach that doesn't make the 8, even though we still can.

He's not going very well right now but it's not exactly as if there's someone better out there. Other than Daniel Anderson perhaps. In hindsight though, the contract extension certainly wasn't the smartest idea ever. For a coach with more pedigree sure, but definitely feels like he was given too much of a pat on the back.

No arguments here ... it's an enormous step from Q cup to this and it's showing ... If I were Andrew Gee I'd be scheduling a coffee with Craig Bellamy this summer ...

He's not going very well right now but it's not exactly as if there's someone better out there. Other than Daniel Anderson perhaps. In hindsight though, the contract extension certainly wasn't the smartest idea ever. For a coach with more pedigree sure, but definitely feels like he was given too much of a pat on the back.

Todd Greenberg has once again proved to me this year why I think he's the best CEO in the game. His team needed a few players, he makes it happen. He knew Des was on the outer, he went all out to get him because he's the best coach in the game.

Meanwhile White and Gee are too busy being polite, too scared to hurt anyone's feelings.

This is the kind of venting I'm talking about.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

S**t son, if we were dumping coaches for poor post Origin form, Bennett wouldn't have made it past his first year. Ain't the first time it's happened and not the last.

Henjak was sacked because the players didn't like him, results just made this apparent.

The players haven't given up, they're just absolutely busted, yes he needs to improve but let's give him another season.

It wasn't even a year ago we were celebrating one of our most succesful (in terms of W/Ls) season.

dumb thread, Griffin is an excellent man manager, he needs to hire more staff though, he needs an offensive co-ordinator.

This is the kind of venting I'm talking about.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

S**t son, if we were dumping coaches for poor post Origin form, Bennett wouldn't have made it past his first year. Ain't the first time it's happened and not the last.

Henjak was sacked because the players didn't like him, results just made this apparent.

The players haven't given up, they're just absolutely busted, yes he needs to improve but let's give him another season.

It wasn't even a year ago we were celebrating one of our most succesful (in terms of W/Ls) season.

Well what's it going to take to end this post origin burnout bullshit, as a fan I'm absolutely sick of it.

We need a new halfback not a new coach.

I dunno...we only lost 6 games last year, and this year, our spine just isn't Top 8 standard. At the time of the re-signing, I think he also only lost 5 or 6 games this year.

I have been as big a critic as anyone but he definitely deserves to keep his job. I think he needs to recruit some better help, that's for sure.
He needs to have a much better plan / approach in attack that is obvious and I think he needs a new fitness coach.
The big thing is the players seem happy with him.

Todd Greenberg has once again proved to me this year why I think he's the best CEO in the game. His team needed a few players, he makes it happen. He knew Des was on the outer, he went all out to get him because he's the best coach in the game.

Bulldogs are trying to buy a premiership, because their trophy cabinet is full of cobwebs.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh but our 1 7 9 just sucks.

That's the million dollar question my friend.

Hopefully in 5 years time we can negotiate a deal where Origin doesn't have as big an effect on the competition because right now it's ridiculous how much sides like ours and Melbourne have been punished while Hasler coached sides are able to coast during this period. Absolutely s**ts me.

However, hopefully Hodges steps down from the rep. arena and dedicates himself to the Broncos. Gillett likely won't be there again, Parker might not get a look in either so hopefully we're at reasonable strength during the middle period with enough experienced heads to guide the younger ones around.

Right now, our club is at the mercy of the Maroons selectors.

This might have me run out of town, but...we need to sack Alfie. He offers nothing. We need an assistant coach who can actually coach.

Well what's it going to take to end this post origin burnout bullshit, as a fan I'm absolutely sick of it.

A new coach wont move the Origin scheduling though. The lack of innovation on Griffin's part is a concern, but it's not like he's had a great deal to work with.

I still have to question the wisdom of giving him a contract extension so far out though. I wonder if we have become too big of a club off the field to operate best on it though. The emphasis that has been put on not going to market and releasing Gagai etc. It's almost as if protecting the Bronco image is more important than winning on the field.

Still, I don't think the season is quite over yet. Penrith can play anyone into form and I think there was too much shown against the Dogs and Storm. We don't really have the attacking quality to win it but I think we can still salvage something.

This might have me run out of town, but...we need to sack Alfie. He offers nothing. We need an assistant coach who can actually coach.

Me and you both know it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.