Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd had no ball. were stuffed. We then got the ball, starting the set in good attacking position for once. Kennedy loses the ball straight away. It summed up our entire night, and in my opinion, that doesn't count as 'did nothing wrong'.

Gotta agree here man. Okay, Kennedy's stats might look okay for only having played 20 minutes, but his quality was poor. He missed a couple key tackles that led to Cowboys line breaks. He also came up with crucial errors, not to mention his soft running.

Having said that, this thread is about Griffin.

We have so many players playing out of position, it's little wonder we're doing so poorly.

Hoffman is not a 5/8.
Copley is not a Winger.
Reed is not a Centre.
McGuire is barely a Front Rower.

Yet, we continue to play so poorly. I swear if no changes are made for next weekends game...

Option 3, the club looks outside for a coaching option, nearly any option to remain for the rest of the season before looking for a long term option. If Griffin gets fucked off why does Kearney have to take over? The answer is he doesn't and should be fucked off with Griffin.

Have a look at every single coach that has been sacked over the last 10 years.

Now for the one that needed a caretaker, because the sacked coach didn't see out the season, tell me where the caretaker came from?

Thats right, the caretaker coach in every instance has been the current assistant coach.

if Griffin is sacked effective immediately ... KEARNEY WILL BE THE BRONCOS HEAD COACH FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON.

it will happen, which is why we should be searching the rugby league universe for a new coach BEFORE sacking Griffin.

If Griffin gets sacked mid season it will mean this season is a write off so having Kearney as caretaker doesn't matter.

Plain and simple, it's time. If anyone out there doesn't think it's time, have a look at what Anthony Sloth Griffins winning percentage is a coach. Simply put he is a horrific manager of talent and lacks any ability to effectively create a game plan. It's time. I know it and you know it.

His use of the bench was completely amateur tonight and the treatment of Kennedy who was imo our best player in the first 20 minutes was just odd with the axing of Hannant only the icing of it.

I could've selected the team better and coached them better than what he did tonight.

BRONCOMAN FOR BRONCOS COACH

WAT?!?!

3 hit-ups for 34m

And you're saying he was one of our best?......

Who cares if he made 20 tackles. Forwards are meant to make meters and get us up the field.

Maybe we can pick up Neil Henry or Timmy Sheens? Both horrible but less horrible then Griffin or Kearney.

Gotta agree here man. Okay, Kennedy's stats might look okay for only having played 20 minutes, but his quality was poor. He missed a couple key tackles that led to Cowboys line breaks. He also came up with crucial errors, not to mention his soft running.

Having said that, this thread is about Griffin.

We have so many players playing out of position, it's little wonder we're doing so poorly.

Hoffman is not a 5/8.
Copley is not a Winger.
Reed is not a Centre.
McGuire is barely a Front Rower.

Yet, we continue to play so poorly. I swear if no changes are made for next weekends game...

This is the most frustrating thing about Griffin, he seems to set a team in stone at the start of the year and show no willingness to change bar injury.

What has Hoffman done to show he should continue at 5/8th? What's the point of him developing there all year (and struggle) to not play there next?

What does Jack Reed have to do to get dropped? Why did Hannant get dropped when he finally started to perform? Hannant is probably the first player Griffin has ever dropped.

Interesting point on McGuire, probably more of a lock.

I spent the last week watching the Broncos essential DVD. We are a shadow of the club we used to be, even from Lockyer's last game we have turned to rubble. Yes, Lockyer is a huge loss, but that team played well all across the paddock. The team is relatively the same, so why is our ball movement so poor? Why can't we defend anymore? Why don't we use the bench?

All questions that will be left unanswered until Griffin is rissoled because he's afraid of making any changes. I am hoping to god that he only has 1/2 more weeks under his belt so we can maybe salvage something from this season.

If Griffin gets sacked mid season it will mean this season is a write off so having Kearney as caretaker doesn't matter.

what scares me about Kearney taking over as caretaker coach is that he will do enough this year for the board to give him the job full time, before he goes back to his Parramatta ways, winning less than what Griffin does.

or even.

the board thinking they don't need to search too far for a replacement coach because the current Kiwis coach is on staff

what scares me about Kearney taking over as caretaker coach is that he will do enough this year for the board to give him the job full time, before he goes back to his Parramatta ways, winning less than what Griffin does.

or even.

the board thinking they don't need to search too far for a replacement coach because the current Kiwis coach is on staff

It just won't happen. If the club is that stupid they'll be the laughing stock of the league.

White and the board need to sack hook and gee ASAP and start to build for next year. I think if we get a coach that is hard and has a game plan we could Even still make the 8. I really think we have the team to mix it with the best but need a coach that plays players in correct positions and one that can use his forward rotations properly.

or even.

I don't think there's anything Kearney could do to stop them firing him at the end of the season. We'd have to make top 4 for them to even consider it I think and I don't see that happening. I think if Griffin is fired, they'll do a bit of a clean out.

Everyone bags Kearney but you gotta remember he had possibly the worst first grade squad of all time playing at parra. He slowly was making things better then they sacked him. I'm mates with a few parra players and they loved him and could see behind the scenes what he was doing and the board didnt like that he was changing things from juniors to first grade. The players told me they reckon he'll be a great coach.

He bought Sandow but at the time they had:
Worst hooker in keating. Had no other option.
Worst 5/8 in roberts. Had no other option.
Hayne decided to rock up once every 5 games.
The weakest forward pack I've ever seen.
Horrible backline.

Now going off what he did with that horrible kiwis team, I think he'd still be better than Griffin. I think Kearney would do alright with a good squad. Also thought I'd throw this in there, he told me he doesnt wanna be a head coach and that he enjoys being an assistant and can't see himself being a head coach anytime soon. He told me that at the Broncos below the border sydney members night.

I personally haven't written him off yet considering how bad his squad was. I can't compare him to a coach who has a representative squad like Griffin does and still has no clue how to utilise their individual strengths.

Everyone bags Kearney but you gotta remember he had possibly the worst first grade squad of all time playing at parra. He slowly was making things better then they sacked him. I'm mates with a few parra players and they loved him and could see behind the scenes what he was doing and the board didnt like that he was changing things from juniors to first grade. The players told me they reckon he'll be a great coach.

He bought Sandow but at the time they had:
Worst hooker in keating. Had no other option.
Worst 5/8 in roberts. Had no other option.
Hayne decided to rock up once every 5 games.
The weakest forward pack I've ever seen.
Horrible backline.

Now going off what he did with that horrible kiwis team, I think he'd still be better than Griffin. I think Kearney would do alright with a good squad. Also thought I'd throw this in there, he told me he doesnt wanna be a head coach and that he enjoys being an assistant and can't see himself being a head coach anytime soon. He told me that at the Broncos below the border sydney members night.

I personally haven't written him off yet considering how bad his squad was. I can't compare him to a coach who has a representative squad like Griffin does and still has no clue how to utilise their individual strengths.

Some good points but during Kearney' tenure they lost the following players; Krisnan Inu, Feleti Mateo, Daniel Mortimer, Jeff Robson and Timana Tahu to other clubs, and these guys are all players the Eels should've worked harder to keep and they've gone on to produce good value at their current clubs.

I can't really blame Hayne only playing a great game every once in a while when he was there. He can't do it when pretty much all of his teammates are duds and not up to first grade standard. Billy Slater would struggle at Parramatta 2011-2013 if you ask me.

Some good points but during Kearney' tenure they lost the following players; Krisnan Inu, Feleti Mateo, Daniel Mortimer, Jeff Robson and Timana Tahu to other clubs, and these guys are all players the Eels should've worked harder to keep and they've gone on to produce good value at their current clubs.

I can't really blame Hayne only playing a great game every once in a while when he was there. He can't do it when pretty much all of his teammates are duds and not up to first grade standard. Billy Slater would struggle at Parramatta 2011-2013 if you ask me.

Inu, Tahu and Mateo left in 2010. The year before Kearney went there. Mortimer was extremely poor when he played in 2010 and 2011. Robson wasn't going as good for parra as he is for the sharks but they probably shouldve kept him.

Kearney inherited a squad that the board were obsessed with cos a lot of em were good players throughout the juniors and were signed for long deals. Not gonna back him and say he's a good coach but I don't think any coach could really do much with that understrength squad so I reserve my judgement on his ability cos I don't wanna factor that stint in.

Arguing the merits of Kearney over Griffin.

This is what is has come down to. Other clubs from the outside looking in are laughing their balls off.

Last edited:
Inu, Tahu and Mateo left in 2010. The year before Kearney went there. Mortimer was extremely poor when he played in 2010 and 2011. Robson wasn't going as good for parra as he is for the sharks but they probably shouldve kept him.

Kearney inherited a squad that the board were obsessed with cos a lot of em were good players throughout the juniors and were signed for long deals. Not gonna back him and say he's a good coach but I don't think any coach could really do much with that understrength squad so I reserve my judgement on his ability cos I don't wanna factor that stint in.

Kearney took over sometime during the 2010 season from memory and I expect he would've had a say in the departures of those players.

I agree the Eels team he coached was an understrength one and imo overachieved in 2009 but his recruitment just killed the team and made it a lot worse than what it was.

Arguing the merits of Kearney over Griffin.

This is what is has come down to. Other clubs from the outside looking in are laughing their balls off.

Lol it's because he's our assistant and likely to be caretaker coach if Griffin gets sacked. If we could combine Henjak's attacking structures + Griffin's relationship of players + the defensive coaching of Kearney we'd get a decent coach lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.