Sack Seibold Now!

Absolutely. However, with the quality in this side I just can't write the season off after 6 rounds given our injuries and suspensions. My only real concern at this point in time is that Seibold will be unable to inspire the team which is for mine a huge issue for us. Our lack of urgency in particular - slow play the balls in particular and giving up when under the pump, is a big warning sign whose importance can't be overemphasised

If players give a shit, they try their hardest. We haven't. If anything, the players need to support their coach by performing. Do they? A big worry that

You’ve been a good voice of reason around here and I’m willing to give the coach at least one or two more weeks against inferior opposition. In fairness to the guy, he has faced a perfect storm of Murphy’s Law since round 2. I mean it is really hard to argue that.

However the problem is what his work is signifying. He refuses to drop horribly performing stars, he makes excuses and therefore comes across as weak and accepting of mediocre. The performances of the players is disgusting, to watch professional athletes (who are paid a fortune) give up or constantly play half-hearted is absolutely mind-blowing. I’m a calm person but watching this team act and play like a bunch of spoilt jerks makes me livid.

I was always keen to give the guy two years but I don’t know that they can afford to now, all excuses accounted for. If he can’t turn the attitude around in the next two rounds, regardless of results, he’s got to go. The Broncos have to stop accepting mediocre or this club will never turn around. They are the Broncos, they should never accept mediocre!

Lets be honest, this upheaval at the club has been a long time coming. The concerns were briefly silenced in 2015/16 when we were flying but ever since, it's been nothing but more of the same from the Henjak/Griffin eras. I think we are just more aggravated by it then we otherwise would be because they've decided to have this upheaval in 2020, of all years. So the emotions are compounded.

NRL.com have been kind enough dig up some of our stats and unsurprisingly it's not pretty reading. Being a stats man, Siebs must be concerned how he's going to get out us of this mess.

stat-attack---broncos_20200619-1.jpg

Full article below:

Last edited:
We’ve had Henjak, Griffin and now Seibold. The common theme among all of them, is they’ve had f*ck all NRL coaching experience between them.

Maybe it’s time we got an experienced NRL coach, besides Wayne?
Go after Bellamy. I'm sure he won't be afraid to let loose and drop players

Yes, I suggested this a few weeks ago but you can guess the kind of dickhead responses! He's a cheat yada yada yada but the same dickheads were at different times suggesting Bellamy who was a thousand times more guilty of cheating but hey, it's all good😒

We dont know that the playing group or Bellamy at the Storm ever knew about the cap rort tbf mate. He could of, dont really know to what extent Bellamy is involved with finances. Difference is with Flanagan, the evidence is there he cheated. We know he got banned for the peptide saga, and we know he then ignored his ban and continued to be involved with the Sharks by communicating with them through emails while suspended. I think he is a decent coach, but there is something a bit unsavoury about the bloke imo.

NRL.com have been kind enough dig up some of our stats and unsurprisingly it's not pretty reading. Being a stats man, Siebs must be concerned how he's going to get out us of this mess.

stat-attack---broncos_20200619-1.jpg

Full article below:
Yep that's the thing for mine. Despite his patented Harvard weekend online course derived coaching methods, it's all one out running with no support. Forwards get the ball flat footed and run by themselves into a set defensive line. Halves get the ball with a set defensive line and no momentum, the players around them are gassed from twenty minutes of straight defence so even when they do rarely run shapes it's terribly ineffective. Even our two early wins came from individual efforts, not from any team tactics. He's taken a team and turned it into 13 individuals.

We dont know that the playing group or Bellamy at the Storm ever knew about the cap rort tbf mate. He could of, dont really know to what extent Bellamy is involved with finances. Difference is with Flanagan, the evidence is there he cheated. We know he got banned for the peptide saga, and we know he then ignored his ban and continued to be involved with the Sharks by communicating with them through emails while suspended. I think he is a decent coach, but there is something a bit unsavoury about the bloke imo.
Flanno is absolutely a cheat. The Storm playing group are also cheats, given they signed two contracts with different amounts on them. Bellamy is also a cheat, but possibly merely of the type who coaches his team to bend the rules of the game beyond breaking point and popularised several very ugly tackling techniques, assuming the master coach was somehow entirely ignorant of how he managed to retain four potential immortals in his spine year after year.

unless there is a clearly better option ... then yes. Kevin Walters in NOT a clearly better option. His head coaching record in an easier comp for Catalans is poor (actually worse than Seibs current record). I think time may have passed Kevvie, because the fact that at 52, he still hasn't been offered a head coaching role, and that is telling IMO.

i'd actually like to see if seibs can get us out of this slump. it could be the making of him as a coach.

you have a look at someone like Brad Arthur, who really struggled for a year or two, but once he was able to make some changes to the roster, is now going really well.

even the great Wayne Bennett had mass calls for his sacking in 91, but the club stuck by him and the rest as they say is history.
Nah. Seibs is taking us nowhere.
Haas and Flegs have gone backwards. His whole plan in attack is to get inside 20 and hope Milf or Staggs does something.
Unluckily for us the 6 again rule has fucked us more than any team.
We have a big pack but we are not mobile enough.
You can just tell the players do not know what to do .
That's on the coach.
He might have some great ideas and new methods but he is clearly failing to reach his players.
The board have to be held accountable as well. Nothing will change until they admit they got it wrong.
Moving on from WB was a good call but how it happened was a debacle.
Hiring Seibs was a bad call, it happens, own it , fix it.
This gets fixed from the top but are the people at the top ready and able to accept the blame.

As much as I'd love to see Bellamy here, do we want to go through that whole saga again?
The only way I see him coming, is if we legit chuck the cheque book at him. I am talking 1.5-2mill per season. Would the club do that, considering the fact that we would have to also pay Seibold out (depending on KPI's in his contract - lets face it none of us know what KPI's are in there..)
Lets remember, all the Broncos board care about is $, they aren't worried about our football department, they're a company, they are no longer a sporting organisation, because if they were interested in football we wouldn't be in this rabble.
Bellamy is probably our only answer, besides Robbo, but he isn't going anywhere.
I am not convinced Walters would be any better then Seibold, other then the media would love the club and we could stop listening to that flog Gordon whingeing, but I cannot see Walters flourishing here.
I think Walter will end up at the Cowboys, potentially Melbourne if Bellamy does in fact leave.
I really don't know where the club goes. If they sack Seibold, who comes in? There are no easy answers here.

Edit: I think we picked the wrong Bellamy assistant. Obrien seems a much more capable coach, but maybe he is a one year wonder, like his good mate Seibold.

Last edited:
As much as I'd love to see Bellamy here, do we want to go through that whole saga again?
The only way I see him coming, is if we legit chuck the cheque book at him. I am talking 1.5-2mill per season. Would the club do that, considering the fact that we would have to also pay Seibold out (depending on KPI's in his contract - lets face it none of us know what KPI's are in there..)
Lets remember, all the Broncos board care about is $, they aren't worried about our football department, they're a company, they are no longer a sporting organisation, because if they were interested in football we wouldn't be in this rabble.
Bellamy is probably our only answer, besides Robbo, but he isn't going anywhere.
I am not convinced Walters would be any better then Seibold, other then the media would love the club and we could stop listening to that flog Gordon whingeing, but I cannot see Walters flourishing here.
I think Walter will end up at the Cowboys, potentially Melbourne if Bellamy does in fact leave.
I really don't know where the club goes. If they sack Seibold, who comes in? There are no easy answers here.

Edit: I think we picked the wrong Bellamy assistant. Obrien seems a much more capable coach, but maybe he is a one year wonder, like his good mate Seibold.
Judging by Newcastles defensive system and resolve Obrien at least looks like he knows what's what

Last edited:
Mmmm, the only fair comment is both cheated to some degree. Flanagan presided over a 6 week course of recovery drugs. If he thought the Sharks were deliberately cheating AND it involved a conspiracy of at least 40 people I would be dumfounded. The fact he sent an email or two is of no consequence to me, I regard it as virtually a nothing event. Bellamy however presided over a deliberate fraud that went on for years! I don't see how Flanagan's offences are anywhere near as serious as Bellamy's.

Truthfully, I'd take either over Moonface.

I loved how Souths played under Seibold, I was so excited to get him here. I see literally nothing here that even remotely resembles Souths two years ago?
As has been mentioned Souths had a group that knew how to play the basics due to Madge... they had a defensive system setup already and their forwards and backs knew how to get them out of trouble. He also had a senior group that was actually useful.

I thought for sure that the first casualty at Souths would be Sutton... he was looking every bit like a man that should be retired, instead Sutton had a career year out in the second row... a spot he had always been earmarked for but never able to accomplish.

When he came to Broncos he had a team that was unfit and had zero defensive structure in place. I believe in the early stages of Broncos 2019 we looked reasonably slick with ball in hand but horrendous in defence. He had a team that didn't know how to play the basics that would allow him to put the polish on... but he probably didn't know that until he got there. So it's likely he pivoted from putting polish on top to trying to implement the basics, but griffinball and bennetball is so ingrained that it seems like we play the game completely different to any other team in the comp... and to me that seems to have been the case for as long as I can remember. There have always been commentary calls of "look at them you could throw a handkerchief over them they're that bunched".

I think coming into 2020 there was an emphasis on fitness in the preseason and defence, and we came out and looked a very solid footy team for rounds 1 & 2. Unfortunately covid hit and rules changed to the fundamentals of what was footy for the last decade. It seems since Covid all the work on fitness from preseason is gone and any defensive systems we had in place before covid weren't ingrained well enough that we can fall back into them (especially considering one of our main strategies was when to give up tactical penalties).. I think in the short term we need to give up on ball work at training and just focus heavily on defensive structure and fitness ie. we need to have a second preseason in the middle of the year to adapt the team, because of the rule changes.

I think another part of his appointment has also been a directive from the board to oversee a transitioning in of the young crop we are currently seeing (Fifi, Haas, Herbie, Coates, Nui, Carrigan, Staggs, Dearden, etc.).

These are common themes from Chris Garry's articles, I believe Seibold mentioned the youth in his first press conference, and constant mentions from the club that it is the best young crop of playing talent in the club's history and even Karl Morris stated just this week about the difficult contracts he walked into (suggesting there are contracts they want gone to shore up the next generation).

I would say Seibold would've wanted a smooth transition with the roster he inherited, but there must've been division due to the dismissal of Bennett (Roberts, Sua, etc.) so I'm guessing a decision was made to fast track the introduction of youngsters and so anyone that was able to secure a position elsewhere and wasn't seen to be buying into the future plans was allowed to leave (Roberts, Kodi, Kahu, Sua, etc.). I think McGuire was purely money driven... I don't think they could guarantee the kind of money he wanted knowing they would need cash for Fifi, TPJ, etc. moving forward and allowed him to leave as he was a valuable asset that could get a new contract and wipe money off the books.

I think the current playing group of youngsters are actually buying into what the coach wants, so I think the calls that he's lost the playing group are unfounded... they're just not yet skilled enough in the basics to execute under heavy adversity.

Everything needs to be stripped way back to the basics and we need a heavy influence on defensive structure... we need a solid foundation to build on which is exactly what the Knights have. They're defence is solid and their entire philosophy is about building momentum through the ruck. Ponga and Pearce just do the rest off the back of that.

I think that is the real issue with Seibold he seems unable to get this team to implement a basic structure off which they can build everything else... it's like the cliche of trying to go around the opposition (polish and flare in attack) before you've done the hard yards in the middle (basics and solid defence), but for whatever reason this group can't seem to get any momementum.

I would say that injuries, suspensions and turnover of the playing roster have not helped in this regard... I mentioned elsewhere that I think the team was finally playing how Seibold wanted last year with the turning point being when souths flogged us. After that game Roberts was banished and Kodi was allowed to move on, but Turpin came in as starting 9 and Dearden starting 7. We went on to win three straight coming into the origin bye, but Dearden got injured 6mins into the titans game and the spine was completely wrecked.

Since that point we've been hit with injuries and suspesions and haven't had a full strength team again until rounds 1 & 2 this year, before again being struck down with a huge injury toll.

I just want to see what this team can do at full strength with a consistent 17 each week to know how we are actually going

Last edited:
Mmmm, the only fair comment is both cheated to some degree. Flanagan presided over a 6 week course of recovery drugs. If he thought the Sharks were deliberately cheating AND it involved a conspiracy of at least 40 people I would be dumfounded. The fact he sent an email or two is of no consequence to me, I regard it as virtually a nothing event. Bellamy however presided over a deliberate fraud that went on for years! I don't see how Flanagan's offences are anywhere near as serious as Bellamy's.

Truthfully, I'd take either over Moonface.

I think 50 emails is more than one or two! The thing with Bellamy is we dont really know what extent, if any he was involved in the cap rort. The main suspects were all in administration posts ( Waldron, Hanson and Gregory the alleged perpetrators ). We know that Flanagan sent 50 or so emails while he was banned ( directly relating to football matters ) that he shouldnt of, and we know he was involved with the peptides to some degree. I'm not sure what offences Bellamy has been proven to have committed.

As has been mentioned Souths had a group that knew how to play the basics due to Madge... they had a defensive system setup already and their forwards and backs knew how to get them out of trouble. He also had a senior group that was actually useful.

I thought for sure that the first casualty at Souths would be Sutton... he was looking every bit like a man that should be retired, instead Sutton had a career year out in the second row... a spot he had always been earmarked for but never able to accomplish.

When he came to Broncos he had a team that was unfit and had zero defensive structure in place. I believe in the early stages of Broncos 2019 we looked reasonably slick with ball in hand but horrendous in defence. He had a team that didn't know how to play the basics that would allow him to put the polish on... but he probably didn't know that until he got there. So it's likely he pivoted from putting polish on top to trying to implement the basics, but griffinball and bennetball is so ingrained that it seems like we play the game completely different to any other team in the comp... and to me that seems to have been the case for as long as I can remember. There have always been commentary calls of "look at them you could throw a handkerchief over them they're that bunched".

I think coming into 2020 there was an emphasis on fitness in the preseason and defence, and we came out and looked a very solid footy team for rounds 1 & 2. Unfortunately covid hit and rules changed to the fundamentals of what was footy for the last decade. It seems since Covid all the work on fitness from preseason is gone and any defensive systems we had in place before covid weren't ingrained well enough that we can fall back into them (especially considering one of our main strategies was when to give up tactical penalties).. I think in the short term we need to give up on ball work at training and just focus heavily on defensive structure and fitness ie. we need to have a second preseason in the middle of the year to adapt the team, because of the rule changes.

I think another part of his appointment has also been a directive from the board to oversee a transitioning in of the young crop we are currently seeing (Fifi, Haas, Herbie, Coates, Nui, Carrigan, Staggs, Dearden, etc.).

These are common themes from Chris Garry's articles, I believe Seibold mentioned the youth in his first press conference, and constant mentions from the club that it is the best young crop of playing talent in the club's history and even Karl Morris stated just this week about the difficult contracts he walked into (suggesting there are contracts they want gone to shore up the next generation).

I would say Seibold would've wanted a smooth transition with the roster he inherited, but there must've been division due to the dismissal of Bennett (Roberts, Sua, etc.) so I'm guessing a decision was made to fast track the introduction of youngsters and so anyone that was able to secure a position elsewhere and wasn't seen to be buying into the future plans was allowed to leave (Roberts, Kodi, Kahu, Sua, etc.). I think McGuire was purely money driven... I don't think they could guarantee the kind of money he wanted knowing they would need cash for Fifi, TPJ, etc. moving forward and allowed him to leave as he was a valuable asset that could get a new contract and wipe money off the books.

I think the current playing group of youngsters are actually buying into what the coach wants, so I think the calls that he's lost the playing group are unfounded... they're just not yet skilled enough in the basics to execute under heavy adversity.

Everything needs to be stripped way back to the basics and we need a heavy influence on defensive structure... we need a solid foundation to build on which is exactly what the Knights have. They're defence is solid and their entire philosophy is about building momentum through the ruck. Ponga and Pearce just do the rest off the back of that.

I think that is the real issue with Seibold he seems unable to get this team to implement a basic structure off which they can build everything else... it's like the cliche of trying to go around the opposition (polish and flare in attack) before you've done the hard yards in the middle (basics and solid defence), but for whatever reason this group can't seem to get any momementum.

I would say that injuries, suspensions and turnover of the playing roster have not helped in this regard... I mentioned elsewhere that I think the team was finally playing how Seibold wanted last year with the turning point being when souths flogged us. After that game Roberts was banished and Kodi was allowed to move on, but Turpin came in as starting 9 and Dearden starting 7. We went on to win three straight coming into the origin bye, but Dearden got injured 6mins into the titans game and the spine was completely wrecked.

Since that point we've been hit with injuries and suspesions and haven't had a full strength team again until rounds 1 & 2 this year, before again being struck down with a huge injury toll.

I just want to see what this team can do at full strength with a consistent 17 each week to know how we are actually going
Couldn’t agree more about the defence, we can’t get any attack going because we’re constantly on the back foot from the meters being made by the opposition.

No, I believe that comes down to the quality of the opposition and missing players among other factors.

Seibold has hardly any runs on the board for the Broncos. With him as coach we've seen...

Round 4 2019 - Sydney 36 def. Brisbane 4
Round 8 2019 - South Sydney 38 def. Brisbane 6
Round 14 2019 - Parramatta 38 def. Brisbane 10
Round 20 2019 - Melbourne 40 def. Brisbane 4
Round 25 2019 - Canterbury 30 def. Brisbane 14
Finals Week 1 2019 - Parramatta 58 def. Brisbane 0
Round 3 2020 - Parramatta 34 def. Brisbane 6
Round 4 2020 - Sydney 59 def. Brisbane 0
Round 6 2020 - Newcastle 27 def. Brisbane 6

It's been awful and I feel for @mrslong because I have no idea why any youngster would want to follow this team.

I still think about that train ride back from ANZ in 2015 and that inconsolable young fan. I've got 2006, Rugby League has given me more than my fair share of memories, but these younger fans deserve better.
It’s true bro.
when I was a kid the broncos would be down by 16 with 10 to go and we wouldn’t bat an eye because we all knew Alfie was about to grubber thru for Kevvie and we’d be sweet.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnyE
  • Financeguy
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  • johnny plath
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.