Sack Seibold Now!

The point is that Wayne was right and everyone else was wrong.

other than me who agreed with wayne
I wanted Wayne out and I have no reason to believe I was wrong. The guy was beginning to think he was bigger than the club. And the long-term deals for Boyd and Gillett, among others were ridiculous.

But it's looking likely Seibold wasn't the right person to replace him.

And lets not forget how his last game went, at a time when he was still contracted to be head coach the following year. Not as if he has set the world alight at Souffs.
[automerge]1592482334[/automerge]

Last edited:
Who is available that is experienced? Would Brian Smith be available? He won't deliver a premiership but he knows how to take a side almost there.
Idk, be ruthless and identify 3-5 current coaches and pick one with an offer they cant refuse, obviously not Bellamy...

Toovey? Daniel Anderson? Tony Smith?

Its one thing to get rid of Seibs, which is hard to argue against but we almost become poison if we are here again in 18 months time with another coach mistake.

Who is available that is experienced? Would Brian Smith be available? He won't deliver a premiership but he knows how to take a side almost there.
Anthony Griffin for the remainder of this year and 2 more? I don't think he will deliver a premiership but he will come cheap and harden up the young forwards or ship them TF out while laying the foundation for another coach to take the team to the next step.

Anthony Griffin for the remainder of this year and 2 more? I don't think he will deliver a premiership but he will come cheap and harden up the young forwards or ship them TF out while laying the foundation for another coach to take the team to the next step.
Please not Griffin, i’d rather Kevvie as caretaker coach with the incentive that if he gets us top 4 we stop looking for replacements, take it or leave it

Last edited:

I am not against this, I didn't want Hook gone in the first place. I thought he was fairly hard done by at both clubs he coached.

It’s funny, I reckon if you did a poll the fans got everything they asked for apart from Darius being dropped.

The majority wanted Wayne out
The majority wanted Seibold as coach
The majority wanted Kniko, Macca, Moose, Kahu, and Roberts gone.
The majority wanted Thaiday and Gillo to retire.
The majority were stoked to get Croft, the halfback we never had.

I’m not sure what my point is. It’s just funny.
I didn’t.
I didn’t.
I didn’t.
I did and I didn’t (but he had to).
I wasn’t.

Last edited:
Interviews on Monday. Again, have them walk straight past Seibold as they arrive. Ask them if they can show a single set play they’ve ever seen anyone do. If they have then they have the job. Even Walters the dummy would do better, because he would add something to our culture. Seibold white anted his way in, he used short cuts, so why wouldn’t his team?

Please not Griffin, i’d rather Kevvie as caretaker coach with the incentive that if he gets us top 4 we stop looking for replacements, take it or leave it
For me Kevvie would be ok fill in if no one of note was available for the rest of the season but longterm how will he handle the players and is he really upto the challenge of coaching a club team(no real experience there, is he upto making the tough decisions?)? To me he comes across too much like one of the lads and that might not be something we want if we are looking for serious change.

Last edited:
**** me, is that how bad it's gotten is it? We're looking back at Griffin with starry eyes.
He wasn't that bad. Not a great coach but not a bad one either. Maybe he has learned a few things and gotten better still. I'm not saying sign him for 5 years on big money with a 1 year option in his favor. Just saying what we have isn't working out and unless the club goes with another rookie, who else is there?

Is it too late to bring Wayne back for a couple of years?

His main beef was with Paul White, who will be gone. Maybe we can try this process of replacing Wayne again in a couple of years. Just pretend 2019 and 2020 never happened, bring Wayne home for 2021 and 2022.

A) With a competent board, who will select the correct replacement
B) When Wayne would like to retire on his own accord so the playing group doesn't revolt against the incoming coach

For me Kevvie would be ok fill in for the rest of the season but longterm how will he handle the players and is he really upto the challenge of coaching a club team(no real experience there)? To me he comes across too much like one of the lads and that might not be something we want if we are looking for serious change.
Agree, thats why i would make it clear to Kevvie he is only coach until we get the replacement, unless he proves he is a success.
Take it or leave it deal for Kevvie which might be selfish on our account but its what we need.

I’d even be honest in the media about it, caretaker position until we fill it with the right person. Happens in football often when a head coach is punted.

oh i do hope when he gets fired they ask him to sing fair harvard while throwing his termination papers in his gob. life imitating art.

Last edited:
Is it too late to bring Wayne back for a couple of years?

Would be some moving pieces but be one hell of a story.

Souths have given him an end date so he will be available. Would have to sacrifice Paul White like you say but thats possible. Some will get their back up about what a great job he has done but the Broncos have always been successful off the field, any decent executive could steer this ship to success off the field with the advantages we have.

I think Bennett would love to come back with those that he feels slighted him cast aside like White, Seibold and potentially even Lockyer as he plays saviour, it would feed his ego and why wouldnt it.

Not so sure is going to matter really. I’d rather get in a coach that can bring a hard edge and winning mentality. Plus they actually need to be able to create structures and a game plan.

That would be a start, but things weren’t much better with this lot under Wayne...

There has to be someone out there who can just get us looking like a middle of the pack side and not a friggin embarrassment...

Would be some moving pieces but be one hell of a story.

Souths have given him an end date so he will be available. Would have to sacrifice Paul White like you say but thats possible. Some will get their back up about what a great job he has done but the Broncos have always been successful off the field, any decent executive could steer this ship to success off the field with the advantages we have.

I think Bennett would love to come back with those that he feels slighted him cast aside like White, Seibold and potentially even Lockyer as he plays saviour, it would feed his ego and why wouldnt it.
It might even open the door for the old school fellas to come back in and have some sort of influence over the culture at the club.
I am not onboard with bringing Wayne back, but anything is better than what we have right now.

nah **** bringing wayne back. i love the dude but we have to let go. are we going to wheel him out weekend at bernies style for the next 20 years? cutting the umbilical cord isn't easy but we just fucked up on who should be breastfeeding us.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Rowdy124
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • The Don
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • kman
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • BrentTatesChin
  • achievedrap
  • The Strapper
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.