Sam Kasiano Incident

I would hate to see what a grade 3 or 4 incident is
The judiciary is a bunch of softcocks
giphy.gif

That was one of the worst kicks I've seen since Parkers last conversion attempt

Last edited:
At best it was reckless. All indicators point to it being intentional though. Brain snap - again, maybe he only meant to kick him in the chest or his arms something. Either way, no need for it.

There is no such thing as a send-off offence anymore in rugby league. Same game 2014, when Reynolds bold faced just intentional tripped Barba out of spite as well. That's the worst I've seen.

Compared with Gillett's 10 minute bin that same year for being on-side against the Dragons.

All things pointing to an awful finals series again on behalf of the referees. Imagine if the Dogs were still in the game at that stage and scored off the next set.

Intentional imo, he looked back before lashing out, and he knew full well what he had done when he had that sneaky sideways look after he got up.
Should've been sent right there on the spot, and showed what he is made off when he declined to take a hit-up for the rest of the game...

MRC fucking ridiculous as usual, probably after receiving instructions from Greenturd, who told them to rest Catiano (aptly named by [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION]) for a couple of weeks.

Fucking knew it. 2 weeks. If the finals were in a months time he'd get 4 weeks. The NRL is like clockwork and no one seems to want to stop the rot.
There's some solace in that without him they've lost one of their few players capable of delivering them points.

Given their recent form, it may well make them 0 and 2 in the next two rounds, dropping them down the ladder.

See all the Bulldog fans on facebook claiming that Parker Catiano had every right to kick Parker in the face because he held on to long.

Hell if the situation had been reversed and Parker had kicked as Bullgrub player, Graham (and their fans) would be whinging about it fir the next decade.

If Broncos players kicked every player that held them down in tackles, the Bullgrubs medical staff would still be stitching up faces.

I'm calling it now....

In the 77th minute of the round 23 match vs the Bulldogs, Sam Kasiano with one single kick reignited our 2016 title campaign. He fired up our team to the point where by the biggest, dirtiest, pack in the comp were genuinely scared to touch the football. This single response as a team has me believing again more so than any thing we have done with the ball.

Billy Slater in 2006- 7 weeks.

NRL prosecutor Peter Kite:

"Whether or not you knew it was John Skandalis, you knew it was a Tigers player," Kite said. "When you looked down to see what was going on, did you see his head? It was pretty hard to miss. You resented being restrained by the player on the ground and you reacted by kicking out at him.

"This was a deliberate and forceful kick to the head of a player on the ground. When one looks for mitigating circumstances, there are none, nor any provocation - nothing to justify kicking an opponent on the ground, let alone in the head. The offence was one of the highest at the graded level."

Can't help but think NRL had it right 10 years ago.

Billy Slater in 2006- 7 weeks.

NRL prosecutor Peter Kite:

"Whether or not you knew it was John Skandalis, you knew it was a Tigers player," Kite said. "When you looked down to see what was going on, did you see his head? It was pretty hard to miss. You resented being restrained by the player on the ground and you reacted by kicking out at him.

"This was a deliberate and forceful kick to the head of a player on the ground. When one looks for mitigating circumstances, there are none, nor any provocation - nothing to justify kicking an opponent on the ground, let alone in the head. The offence was one of the highest at the graded level."

Can't help but think NRL had it right 10 years ago.

effin A, 100%

and as others have said, the real question is whether the NRL can get 2 calls right in the same decade..

.. even money

I'm calling it now....

In the 77th minute of the round 23 match vs the Bulldogs, Sam Kasiano with one single kick reignited our 2016 title campaign. He fired up our team to the point where by the biggest, dirtiest, pack in the comp were genuinely scared to touch the football. This single response as a team has me believing again more so than any thing we have done with the ball.

Despite all my rage involving this incident, I'm glad the officials handled it the way they did. You could just see the eyes of the players glaze over red when they realised we wouldn't be receiving a penalty. Moments like that can bond a team immeasurably IMO and, in the case of the Dogs, cause real issues ie: Kasiano not taking a hit up.

[FONT=&quot]THEY were the nine words that sparked the ugly stand-off between Sam Kasiano and a bloodied Corey Parker in the middle of Suncorp Stadium.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Monster Bulldogs prop Kasiano was on Friday handed a grade two dangerous contact charge for lashing out with his right boot into the jaw of Parker.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But it was a nasty sledge directed at Parker after fulltime that angered the Brisbane favourite and prompted him to confront Kasiano.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Saturday Telegraph obtained audio from Thursday night’s game that reveals the nature of the colourful conversation between the pair

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And after Kasiano apologises, but realises Parker ignores him and continues to walk away, says to the much-loved Bronco: “Why don’t you go and have a cry c*** ’’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A stunned Parker swings around and says, “ay?’’, only for Kasiano to repeat the words “have a cry’’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parker walks back to Kasiano and is overheard saying ‘’I got a kick in the face’’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]More expletives follow before Kasiano said: “I didn’t mean it, I promise.’’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parker is adored north of the border, but there’s clearly little respect for him in NSW, especially at Canterbury.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kasiano’s teammate David Klemmer told Parker to get f***ed you c***’’ when told to show more respect during the second Origin game in last year’s series.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even when Parker had blood pouring from his mouth during the Broncos’ 20-10 victory on Thursday, photos of him driving his elbow into the face of Wests Tigers and NSW No. 1 James Tedesco during Origin III were quickly circulated again on social media.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The biggest debate on on Friday was whether Kasiano’s act was accidental.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parker said on the night Kasiano knew he was behind him.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Replays even show Kasiano’s eyes glance back to the direction of Parker as he returns to the defensive line.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett said it was hard to believe it was an accident given Parker was moving away from Kasiano after he had completed the tackle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But Hasler said his ‘’gentle giant’’, nor any player, would intentionally ‘’kick someone in the face’’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“No player intentionally goes out on to the field to deliberately kick someone in the face,’’ Hasler said at Sydney airport on Friday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It’s dangerous contact, so it’s a difficult one to fight. We’ll talk to the lawyer today, Nick Ghabar, we’ll have a look at it, break it down, look at the relevance of the charge and decide the course of action (we take).’’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The most destructive interchange player in the NRL will miss the next two games if he enters an early plea, or will be rubbed out for three should he fight it and lose.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Should the Dogs miss out on a top-four berth, then bow out in week one of the finals, that will mean Kasiano’s next club game will not be until next season’s opener.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Canterbury need to beat North Queensland at Belmore next Thursday night to cling on to fourth spot on the NRL ladder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Former match review committee boss and referee Greg McCallum said a two-match suspension was ‘’probably on the borderline of being satisfactory’’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I don’t think any time a player uses his feet it is accidental, and any time a player lashes out with a boot it’s a serious matter,’’ McCallum said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]South Sydney forward Nathan Brown stomped on the groin of Gold Coast player Agnatius Paasi in June, but escaped any sanction because the match review committee said there had been insufficient force, and the area he connected was unlikely to lead to serious injury.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brown supported Kasiano and said ‘’it looked like afterwards Sam said he didn’t mean it, and you have to take his word’’.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WHAT KASIANO AND PARKER SAID — AUDIO TRANSCRIPT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SK: ‘HEY, SORRY BRO’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CP SHAKES HAND BUT IGNORES APOLOGY[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SK: ‘WHY DON’T YOU GO AND HAVE A CRY C****’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CP TURNS BACK: ‘AY?’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SK: ‘HAVE A CRY [INAUDIBLE]’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CP: ‘I GOT A KICK IN THE FACE’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SK: ‘[INAUDIBLE] ... F*****G ... [INAUDIBLE]’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CP: ‘WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SK: ‘I DIDN’T MEAN IT, I PROMISE’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CP: ‘AH, IT JUST F*****G HURT’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SK: ‘I’M SORRY BRO, YEAH, I’M SORRY’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/bulldogs/words-exchanged-in-heated-standoff-between-kasiano-parker-revealed/news-story/7a0e1522a29852c3af2b0612e9e87ded[/FONT]

Honestly, I don't really care about the lack of respect part.

To me, I hate it when players show opposition players respect on the field. When you're out there, they are your enemy, not your fucking friend.

My issue is with the fact that he got off very lightly.

He gets a Grade 2 while Parker got a Grade 2 for an elbow..

Surely a boot the face with studs is worse than an elbow.

Last edited:
It must be bad if you have cleanskins like Nathan Brown sticking up for you.

I wish pictures of the other 33 players who threw elbows in that Origin game circulated so we could have some perspective.

I wish pictures of the other 33 players who threw elbows in that Origin game circulated so we could have some perspective.

Exactly, cause no one ever throws elbows in origin

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • kman
  • Sproj
  • KickHaas
  • thenry
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Ozired
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.