SBW sticks with Sydney till 2014

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Re: NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2013

That does surprise me. I guess the Roosters made the bigger offer

Fantastic news for Rugby League, i enjoy watching SBW play and i would probably have never seen him play again if he went to Union.

That's great. Too bad it's such a scum club, but what can you do.

That's great. Too bad it's such a scum club, but what can you do.

throw more money at him? free up some cash and try to get him to Red Hill

Yippeee fantastic news :takdir:

Do not want him at Red Hill.

Would be interesting to see how the public would react if the Broncos ditched Thaiday for SBW. I'd imagine most on here would be jumping for joy but I could see it being fairly polarising in general.

Either way, it's good to see him stick around. Not a fan of his personally but definitely rate him as a player and feel he has more to offer. Will be interesting to see if he really does have an impact on viewership. I never saw the ratings break down other than the obvious decline in Broncos ratings (good) but I get the feeling that SBW as a draw is a myth.

It's good for our game as SBW is a rare talent.

He'll drag some extra people through the gates again next year.

So he's going to be allowed to do boxing / play jap rugby / whore himself in the off-season, then sign on a week before the 2014 season starts? I guess that'll be the 'help from the NRL' that the Roosters were asking for. I was surprised like most people that he didn't injure himself badly enough to see half the season on the sidelines - methinks though the Roosters are seriously tempting fate by hoping for two season in a row from Sonny.

People keep assuming things about him, and he just kept proving them wrong. Things like he wouldn't last the season, his ego would get in the way, he'll bail any second, he'll get suspended for shoulder charging, etc.

Honestly surprised but good to hear. If they do another "Sonny's thoughts" in round 1 2014, I'll kill some ****. Although Nova making fun of it every now and then has been gun

Great another year of jizz from Nein.

SBW is an extraordinary talent and it's good to see him stay in the game longer than he had planned.

I'd love to know what checks get done by the salary cap dept. on his boxing bouts. Like who is putting up the purse?
What's stopping the Chooks or a sponsor of the Chooks from tipping in a few hundred thousand to the purse and then he fights a nuffy collects the cash and it doesn't count under the cap because he has no contract yet.

Have the Chooks found a way around the cap? I wonder if Cam Smith will start signing 1 year deals with the Storm and play marbles in the off season.

I'd love to know what checks get done by the salary cap dept. on his boxing bouts. Like who is putting up the purse?
What's stopping the Chooks or a sponsor of the Chooks from tipping in a few hundred thousand to the purse and then he fights a nuffy collects the cash and it doesn't count under the cap because he has no contract yet.

Have the Chooks found a way around the cap? I wonder if Cam Smith will start signing 1 year deals with the Storm and play marbles in the off season.

The NRL is too pussy to question them. The Roosters just say 'don't annoy him or he'll quit league' and the NRL slowly backs away with their hands up. No one player is worth more than the game, yet they keep getting buttfucked and saying thank you afterwards.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fozz
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.