SBW sticks with Sydney till 2014

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Honestly surprised but good to hear. If they do another "Sonny's thoughts" in round 1 2014, I'll kill some ****. Although Nova making fun of it every now and then has been gun

Me too, when that shit started my mate rings me and was like "I'm i actually seeing this shit?"

Side note. Nova is awesome

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm putting it out there that I don't believe he will actually stay next year. He doesn't have to sign anything til February and I reckon this is all an effort to be able to play the rlwc. Union have said that if he isn't back by the 2014 season he won't be playing in the World Cup, and unlike the nrl NZRL won't bend over and ask for more. I can't see him missing the opportunity to play the union World Cup.

Call me a conspiracy theorists but here's how I reckon this goes down. I reckon when he met with NZ rugby the other to sign on (please, since when does money bill meet to say no thanks). Nrl have said to him to play the World Cup you need to stick around next year, so the tweet from union goes out, the nrl proceed with the high fiveing and butt slapping... Come February and it's time to sign, "oh sorry bros I'm going back to union hey cuz"... "Let's go down to Dave smith to get he's thoughts"

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Does this mean during the cricket coverage where going to get all those "OMG SBW" promotions again?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
People keep assuming things about him, and he just kept proving them wrong. Things like he wouldn't last the season, his ego would get in the way, he'll bail any second, he'll get suspended for shoulder charging, etc.

He should have been suspended for shoulder charging... His hit on Mason was exactly the same as Kade Snowdens hit on the Cowboys player. both players that got hit were injured. yet SBW gets rule NOT to have shoulder charged Mason.

so for the same hit SBW gets 2 weeks and Snowden 7 week, either another case of the judiciary not knowing its ass from its elbow, or they were too scared to hit SWB with a long suspension for fear he would leave the game

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
He should have been suspended for shoulder charging... His hit on Mason was exactly the same as Kade Snowdens hit on the Cowboys player. both players that got hit were injured. yet SBW gets rule NOT to have shoulder charged Mason.

so for the same hit SBW gets 2 weeks and Snowden 7 week, either another case of the judiciary not knowing its ass from its elbow, or they were too scared to hit SWB with a long suspension for fear he would leave the game

yeah but that was clearly a case of the judiciary fucking up with the Snowden case rather than SBW getting special treatment.

if you compare any player's suspension to Snowden it will look like they are getting special favours from the NRL. it is unfair to use Snowden as a comparison because that was an undeniably retarded suspension. the SBW suspension was pretty reasonable in my view.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
The injury to the player had a part in the length of the suspension Snowden copped.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Because they couldn't risk offending money bill, he may leave :'(

Well, good, let him leave. Why should one player get special treatment? Are they going to have different rules for players depending on how marketable they are? And they wonder why players like Dugan & Ferguson act untouchable. If you're good enough to be a drawcard for fans, hold the game to ransom, negotiate one year deals and whore yourself in the off-season. Expect favourable treatment with the judiciary. Let rep selectors have to bow to your whims. It is actually really embarrassing to watch the game bend over and hope they get a phone call in the morning.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well, good, let him leave. Why should one player get special treatment? Are they going to have different rules for players depending on how marketable they are? And they wonder why players like Dugan & Ferguson act untouchable. If you're good enough to be a drawcard for fans, hold the game to ransom, negotiate one year deals and whore yourself in the off-season. Expect favourable treatment with the judiciary. Let rep selectors have to bow to your whims. It is actually really embarrassing to watch the game bend over and hope they get a phone call in the morning.

I could not possibly agree more

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Why didn't Mason's injury impact on SBW's?

because I thought Newcastle and Mason said that they weren't sure that SBW's hit actually caused the fracture. Mason said he copped a couple high shots in the game and they weren't sure which one caused the fracture.

whereas it was quite clear that Thompson broke his jaw solely because of Snowden's hit.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
I was thinking the same B4L (about $BW conspiracy theory) but he's just confirmed he'll be returning to union in 2015

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Why didn't Mason's injury impact on SBW's?

because I thought Newcastle and Mason said that they weren't sure that SBW's hit actually caused the fracture. Mason said he copped a couple high shots in the game and they weren't sure which one caused the fracture.

whereas it was quite clear that Thompson broke his jaw solely because of Snowden's hit.

I remember asking the same question when Snowden got handed his punishment, I'm pretty sure the fracture came from a high shot later/before.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Bish
  • MrMoore
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.