Season 2016 is around the corner...It's time to heal

Yep, it's too soon. I watched a replay of the last 5 minutes last week....definitely too soon. It will always be too soon - never forget.

Everything's been said already. It wasn't that we lost, it was that we lost in that manner - a shit call on the strip (like so many others during the year), 3 missed tackles on JT which should have stuck, and then our sliding defense not sliding for, oh, the second or third time ALL FUCKING YEAR. Every other game last year we made multiple tackles in that exact situation. Defused the edges. ****. That will never go away. The try sealed our fate, not the drop off the restart.

Oh, and going to a defensive gameplan. What the actual ****. We hadn't played like that in a single game all year. It reminds me of Rommel and his Panzers in North Africa in WWII. The Aussies (and allies) in Tobruk were the first to inflict a defeat on his forces, and they continued to - with infantry. Rommel could not take Tobruk. In Rommel's words (and I paraphrase) {because I don't speak German :laugh:}: "We had to retreat and we didn't know how. We had pushed through Poland, (list of other Euro countries) and then in Africa and we had never lost a battle. We had trained in dozens of ways to advance but never once practiced how to retreat. So when we needed to, we didn't know how, and it was chaos."

We play aggressive attack footy again these days, that's why it's so good to watch. The boys are confident, always backing themselves. Look at some of Milford and Hunt's footage from last year - aside from class, it is just ultimate confidence in themselves, and in the players around them. That for me was the hallmark of our season last year - confidence. As soon as we lost that in the GF with 20 mins to go...I felt sick. Never forget. Never take the foot off the throat. Be ruthless, and back yourself and your teammates.

It will take a lot to go right - lack of injuries to key players, etc. But we are deservedly favourites, and anything less than another GF appearance will be a disappointment this year. Watching the trial was nice, flogging the Cows second grade team. We put on a damn good show in the UK as well, that was a masterclass.

Thursday. The healing and redemption begins.

Btw, I hear eel tastes like chicken...

I don't think anybody took the time to really dwell on it, but what I found interesting was the eerie sense of deja vu. Earlier that year the Broncos played the Cowboys in Townsville and did an awesome job of keeping the Cowboys out. They threw everything at the Broncos that night and received every single lucky bounce including one to Ethan Lowe of all players who forced a goal-line drop out. The Broncos defended their line, did well but they just had nothing left in the tank and since they were stuck in that same passage, the Cowboys eventually broke through and were able to rub insult to injury later on.

Fast forward to the grand final and it was more of the same with the Cowboys deep on the attack for the majority but unable to get the job done. I honestly don't know what the fans expected from the Broncos. The only thing that could have improved their situation was their kicking game, but we all knew going in that it was going to be a weakness for them. Otherwise there was very little they could do given they were constantly defending their line and having to work the ball out from their own end. For mine, it was just the perfect storm. The referees gave the Broncos two early penalties in that second half and seemingly called it a day. That's despite Tamou clearly stripping the ball on a 3-1 tackle, JT tackling Gillett without the football close to the line and Coote's cheap shot on Boyd. If either of those penalties are blown, it changes the complexion of the game. Unfortunately the referees knew this and since they wanted to make themselves as scarce as possible it was deemed play on, forcing the Broncos to basically survive for the rest of the half.

The only opportunities I can remember the Broncos having, one resulted in a loose pass from Boyd to Oates who knocked it on. The other was a terrible kick by Hunt which resulted in a seven tackle set.

2015. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We are certainly not dead. We are certainly a lot stronger. Lessons have been learned, lessons which win premierships.

That's enough for me.

Not ready.

Make it a point of perspective. You've already seen Hunt at his lowest. Now you need to complete the picture. Just imagine seeing him at his highest in October, helping Cozza lift the trophy.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember

Lest we forget

Make it a point of perspective. You've already seen Hunt at his lowest. Now you need to complete the picture. Just imagine seeing him at his highest in October, helping Cozza lift the trophy.

That's just a tease. If this doesn't ever happen then I'm going to be very unhappy with you.

Some healing from the financials released on Friday.

Net profit- biggest ever $3.8 million. That's up from 2.4 million in 2014. Previous best 3.1 in 2012.

Double header crowd is at 30 000 too.

Season launch was a great night.

I don't want healing. I was at the GF and I still
get flashbacks. I want vengence.

I want to Cowboys' impure blood to flow in our fields.

Failing that, I want to win the gf and have the Cowboys miss the 8.

**** healing. I want revenge.

This is so much my thoughts.

4 days. I can't believe it's only 4 days. So pumped for this season.

Im similar, revenge is what we need but i want the exact same grand final but the opposite result.

Serving them what they served us would hurt more then missing the 8

Im similar, revenge is what we need but i want the exact same grand final but the opposite result.

Serving them what they served us would hurt more then missing the 8

Not the exact same tbh. A 40-0 drubbing would be sufficient.

I would like a game like Origin 3, 2006. Refs fucking us over, every call against us, never give up and steal it off them. This time, with seconds to go, with Hunt ducking under a blatant high attempt by Tamou to just sneak it over the line.

I would like a game like Origin 3, 2006. Refs fucking us over, every call against us, never give up and steal it off them. This time, with seconds to go, with Hunt ducking under a blatant high attempt by Tamou to just sneak it over the line.

Perfect.

I would like a game like Origin 3, 2006. Refs ****ing us over, every call against us, never give up and steal it off them. This time, with seconds to go, with Hunt ducking under a blatant high attempt by Tamou to just sneak it over the line.

This plus Jt career ending injury due to Tamou final seconds and Hunt and Milford taking over origin and australia

Active Now

• Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.