Season tickets 2009

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well it is official the Broncos as a club take us for granted and all they care about is the mighty $$$$$

For a start we receive our season ticket renewals before the current year is even over (i.e. today in the mail)

The renewal period is from 22 August till 18 September 2008 only (once again season 08 not even over)

Prices once again have gone up by at least 4.5% (i.e. Gold 2007 $420 2008 $440 2009 $460)

And for me and those of us that sit in the BHQ crew, the club have decided to change our seating area in 319/320 from Blue to Maroon. What does this mean well for me it means the seats that I have sat in for over 13 years (yes I sat in the same equivalent area at ANZ Stadium) have increased in price ten fold, and when I have a family and buy tickets for the 2 boys as well it means to sit in the same area in 2009 will cost me $720 (compared to 2007 $550 and 2008 $540). AN INCREASE OF 33.33% !!!!!

For those others in our area an adult ticket has gone from 2007 $300 2008 $260 (down for some reason eusa_think ) to next season $395. AN INCREASE OF 52% !!!!!

This is just so wrong for us loyal fans that are there through thick and thin, rain or hail and have been for years, get no recognition from the players and now it seems also none from the club.

As a comparison the Roar season tickets would cost me for the same 3 tickets, same area (10 gmes but) only $425 or even better for a family of 4 $549.

Be interested see what other think, though I realise some of you probably aren't in the same situation as me where you need 3 tickets and might just renew anyway.

What the hell? 52%? Way to shaft the fans, boys. Did the major events authority jack up the rent?

Already got the highest average attendance by far....greedy!0

So, $460...and that gets how many home games? Does that include any semis? I know it doesn't include Origin.

It is a massive increase %-wise.

Meh, prices go up every year with everything in life.

If you wanna be a season ticket holder, that's the price of good seats unfortunately.

12 games I think? No semis, first preference for them though.

Renegade said:

If you wanna be a season ticket holder, that's the price of good seats unfortunately.

52% in one year is ridiculous. I'm lucky that I'm paying for myself, and I don't have a family to look after.

Depends what type of ticket you get, the expensive ones include all games and 1 origin ticket and 1 Q-Cup GF ticket.

I had the Platinum last year, got me two crappy seats for Origin. No Q-Cup final.

No Hammo no semis (pay extra), no origin but you can pay an extra $135 to guarantee a SOO seat if you want, 12 games for the year.

Letter claims changes are to take into account the seating structure on the opposite side so compatable een though East is in the sun.

At this stage I am seriously considering not renewing after 13 years of season membership as I can't justify that sort of money on a family budget, especially when they also expect you to pay for your ticket over the leadup to X'mas period too boot.

Will see what the rest of the BHQ crew do as this might be what forces us to move areas to a corner and maybe we can finally enter some conversations with the club about a BHQ area like the Roar Orange Army or the like but then again it is Brunco and the Broncos we are talking about !!

A lot of membership based organisations actually have loyalty discounts for people who keep paying year after year (ie 5% for 5 straight years, 10% for ten years etc) - I really think the Broncos could do something like this instead of just putting the prices up so much every year.

I'm over it, might save my money and just watch every game at the Leagues club. At least I'll be comfy warm ......

http://business.smh.com.au/business/inf ... -46ng.html

Don't these bastards know that inflation is at a 15 month low?!

Where's Wayne Swan??? He should be yelping at the moon about how the Broncos should be passing on this lower inflation to their customers!

Ahem...sorry. Got carried away there.

In all seriousness though, I agree with Russo. It's one thing to increase the price, but to change the seating category like this just seems excessive.

Have they ever tossed the idea of a loyalty program around? Or is it considered that a cheaper price for the entire season rather than paying for each single game is reward enough?

Renegade said:

So CPI rises 5% and tickets go up 33 to 52% and you say prices go up, meh. [icon_thumbs_do

If you sell out a stadium and have a wait list you can charge exhorbant prices but they have something like only 15,000 or so members isn't it.

Unfortunatly I highly doubt the Club will give any sort of discount for the group. I may be wrong, just my opinion.

You know what I suggested to Chris and Tee? I asked why everyone isn't sitting together already? I relaise there is a variety of reasons, like everyone just prefers their areas etc, however it would be more bargaining power if you could say you want block seast for 15+ people.

I am seriously thinking of season tickets next season, but I want someone to do a time-share thing with me, as I won't be able to attend every game. I was thinking about tix next to Tee and Coxy. Jeb's family have excellent tickets, a very good spot, but I doubt I could afford that (gold?).

People on here, who are getting season tix, should seriously contemplate getting them in the same area. It doesn't mean you have to talk to people from here, it just means that there would be the chance of more bargaining power.

Agree Hammo. Don't think the Broncos would even look at negotiating any kind of discount (even for big group) unless their average crowd drops below 10,000 per game.

The tickets I got have gone up about $20 each

We are probably paying for Israel Folau to come to the club.

yeah i'd love to renew for next season, but not sure yet, as my sis will be finished uni, and might have to do her prac in the country next year. I'm not going to the footy by myself all year! will see what happens though, i think she might just apply to stay in brisbane only [icon_pray.

Hammo said:
Jeb's family have excellent tickets, a very good spot, but I doubt I could afford that (gold?)

Yeh mate they are the gold seats. Top price - $460 next year. You actually can't get a gold seat unless you are a renewing member because pretty much the whole area is taken up by season members, VIP's and sponsors.

Anyway I could've sworn that when I first got a season ticket in 2003, there was discounted prices for renewing members. Obviously that year I paid the full price but I think the renewing members got $20 off!! Or maybe I was drunk.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.