Jamie Siddons
Brad Hodge
Michael Klinger
Darren Berry
Andy Bichel
Adam Dale
Michael Innes
Stuart Macgill

Maher only averaged 24 in ODI and less than 40 in the shield. He was good but nowhere near as good as Slater, Taylor, Elliott, Blewett, Langer, Hayden etc.

Both Hodge and Love just didn't do consistently enough.

Did you say Love wasn't consistent? You need to be banned from talking about anything before about 15 minutes ago.

Highest score ever by a Queenslander 303 and second highest too- 300.
Most Runs ever for Queensland 11,224
100 in each innings for Queensland once v Tasmania 94/95
Second most 50's for Queensland -77
Most 100's- 31
151 games for Queensland averaging 46
17 seasons

You do know he played in 11 Shield Finals? In his inconsistent form scored five centuries?

Dreadful from Burns

I bet Brad Hodge wishes he had a time machine because in this current setup, he would have a 15 year career ahead of him

Problem wouldn't be runs problem would still be him and no one wanting him anywhere near them.

Problem wouldn't be runs problem would still be him and no one wanting him anywhere near them.

There were always better candidates ahead of him and they always made a go of it. These days, he would have eventually got his chance and shone through

Did you say Love wasn't consistent? You need to be banned from talking about anything before about 15 minutes ago.

Most 100's- 31
17 seasons

You do know he played in 11 Shield Finals? In his inconsistent form scored five centuries?

Of course he was consistent and an all time great of Queensland cricket, I respect his ability as a player.

He wasn't consistently good at test level which is what I was referring to. He made an unbeaten 62 and 6 in his first test. In between that and his unbeaten 100 in his final innings which was against a Bangladesh team that was learning to play tests he only scored 65 runs in 6 innings with 2 ducks. Martyn was always coming back.

As for having a go at my cricket knowledge I know more than enough to have a say on the game past and present and I have enough knowledge on the history of the game. You're no better than anybody else believe it or not.

Shocking test for Joe Burns. That will probably be him done for a long while. Such a cruel way to get out strangling one down legside.

Of course he was consistent and an all time great of Queensland cricket, I respect his ability as a player.

He wasn't consistently good at test level which is what I was referring to. He made an unbeaten 62 and 6 in his first test. In between that and his unbeaten 100 in his final innings which was against a Bangladesh team that was learning to play tests he only scored 65 runs in 6 innings with 2 ducks. Martyn was always coming back.

As for having a go at my cricket knowledge I know more than enough to have a say on the game past and present and I have enough knowledge on the history of the game. You're no better than anybody else believe it or not.

See I thought he must be talking about State cricket because no one would say inconsistent after five test matches. Guess I was wrong there. One 100 and a 62 not out from your first five games, filling in all over the order and in two losses out of those five- is pretty good.

More to cricket than reading Cricinfo.

His first Test he was not out twice, and Australia only need 107 to win- they were 4/83 when he came in- not really much room to do much more than get a small score.

The 0 and 27- Australia collapsed both times and got smashed by England. In the huge run chase he was one of our highest scorers with that 27.

Shocking test for Joe Burns. That will probably be him done for a long while. Such a cruel way to get out strangling one down legside.

It looked horrible didn't it. It showed a real lack of situation awareness too unfortunately. I never thought I'd say it but SMarsh coming back in is actually good for the team. He looked horrible in Perth but at least he showed a willingness to fight.

There were always better candidates ahead of him and they always made a go of it. These days, he would have eventually got his chance and shone through

You're not reading what I am saying. It's got nothing to do with runs. Getting dropped with a Test average of 58 should tell you something. Getting dropped after scoring a Test 200 should tell you something.

He would still not be liked in 2016.

Love and Hodge would be the third and fourth picked in this team without even hesitating after Smith and Warner. A top five of:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Hodge
4. Love
5. Smith

This would be awesome and we could afford to carry an all-rounder finding his feet at 6.

Well that didn't take long for a wicket to fall. Bear in mind, to even make a game of it Australia need to make 450. This is huge for Voges here, I would say his international career is on the line with this innings which invariably happens when you are at his age.

I was thinking about placing a bet on South Africa to win 3-0 before the start of the series. Regretting I didn't.

And once again, pathetic. Fergusen was an inspiration. Voges clinical against quality opposition once again. Burns stoic in defense and putting a high value on his wicket.

Over in 3 days of actual play. And it only just got there too.

Another mighty collapse, 8/32.

This team is a disgrace to the teams that have gone before them. At least those teams fought. This team is highly paid due to the exploits of those before them. Nice way to spit on the Australian team's legacy.

Most 100's- 31
17 seasons

You also forgot about his century on debut in a final.

Burns should get another shot in Adelaide. Marsh isn't expected back until the Pakistan series. All Australian players should be forced to play for their states in the next round of shield cricket to prepare for the 3rd test.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.