CRICKET Second Test- Australia v West Indies

Cummins should 100% be missing this test, so who takes the C?

The fact that Smith is VC, means he should be captain. If they don't want to go with him, I hope they use Head.
It has to be smith
The only proper captain we have in our setup

The fact that Smith is VC, means he should be captain. If they don't want to go with him, I hope they use Head.
There is not a world where Smith won’t be selected.

Smith was captain in Adelaide last season, why would they not go to him again?

The Shield round just done- 22 fast bowlers across six teams.

Just five under 25.

We are an aging fast bowling country, and you need some green shoots if a chance presents.

The Shield round just done- 22 fast bowlers across six teams.

Just five under 25.

We are an aging fast bowling country, and you need some green shoots if a chance presents.

Agreed and it isn't like Morris is being picked from oblivion here, he's been performing well for the last two seasons and this season particularly, he's been almost unplayable at times.

In fact, this is is probably Australia's 25 and under next gen side:

1. Pucovski (24) (obvious question marks on longevity here) / Chandrasinghe (20)
2. Hunt (25)
3. Wyllie (18)
4. Clayton (23)
5. Green (23)
6. Phillippe (25)
7. Hardie (23)
8. Sutherland (23)
9. Bartlett (23)
10. Morris (24)
11. Murphy (22)

12. W.Agar (25)
13. Manenti (25)
14. McClure (21)
15. Ward (24)

Then there are some other kids around who either are inconsistent or injured like T.Sangha, J.Sangha, McSweeney, Street, Nikitaris, Bryant, Davies, Radhakrishnan, Perry, J. Edwards, B.Edwards, Fanning, Freeman, Holt and Fraser-McGurk. Some of the bats above aren't even really there on merit either, more just age.

Then you have the likes of Renshaw, Richardson and Meredith who are 26 and likely among the next in line.

The bold are the ones who either have played for Australia or I think are a good chance in the near future. At least there are two REALLY promising spinners in Murphy and T.Sangha.

Smith was captain in Adelaide last season, why would they not go to him again?
Smith was named captain for a match?

Media and public whinging would be a reason to not name him.

Smith was named captain for a match?

Media and public whinging would be a reason to not name him.

Again- Smith captained Aus for the Ashes last year. Why would they not let him do it this year?

Wrong. Head is a very good captain.
Of the whole entire Australian setup, Heads position in the team is the most vulnerable. (you could make a case for Green but they see him as the golden boy all rounder) You don't need to load him up with extra work because of it. Smith is the only choice and he has shown in the past that not only does he do well with the captaincy, it actually puts him on another level as a player.

Again- Smith captained Aus for the Ashes last year. Why would they not let him do it this year?
I already said why. Want me to repeat it again?
Just never won a game.
If you put Lewis Hamilton in a Holden Commodore, would he win an F1 race? Head has captained one of the least talented shield sides of all time. Is it only results that make a good captain?

Of the whole entire Australian setup, Heads position in the team is the most vulnerable. (you could make a case for Green but they see him as the golden boy all rounder) You don't need to load him up with extra work because of it. Smith is the only choice and he has shown in the past that not only does he do well with the captaincy, it actually puts him on another level as a player.
Oh agreed, it would be a difficult and probably wrong call to make him captain, even though I believe he is the best tactician in the squad. Smith is the most probably choice, the only thing getting in the way of that is public outcry, but apparently he was named captain for an Ashes game last year which I can't recall, so it mustn't have garnered too much interest/complaint.

Oh agreed, it would be a difficult and probably wrong call to make him captain, even though I believe he is the best tactician in the squad. Smith is the most probably choice, the only thing getting in the way of that is public outcry, but apparently he was named captain for an Ashes game last year which I can't recall, so it mustn't have garnered too much interest/complaint.
It didn’t garner attention cause their wasn’t enough time for people to GIVE A ****. We absolutely railed England that game by the way without Cummins and Hazlewood. If anything Smith being captain a game after Cummins underwhelming captaincy and tactics in the first game made it all the more annoying that Smith isn’t/wasn’t the captain. By far the best option. Even in my opinion Tim Paine shits on Cummins despite his very poor cricketing ability and DRS review decision system.

It didn’t garner attention cause their wasn’t enough time for people to GIVE A ****. We absolutely railed England that game by the way without Cummins and Hazlewood. If anything Smith being captain a game after Cummins underwhelming captaincy and tactics in the first game made it all the more annoying that Smith isn’t/wasn’t the captain. By far the best option. Even in my opinion Tim Paine shits on Cummins despite his very poor cricketing ability and DRS review decision system.
I'm not a fan of Smith's work as captain(obviously not talking about his batting). I've found him to be a bit negative. Following up from Clarke probably made it harder on him with expectations, as Clarke was an excellent captain.

I already said why. Want me to repeat it again?

If you put Lewis Hamilton in a Holden Commodore, would he win an F1 race? Head has captained one of the least talented shield sides of all time. Is it only results that make a good captain?

Yes explain to me why Smith can’t captain the next Test- when he’s already done it since his ban ended. No one will care if he does it again. Why would you save your outrage for the second time he does it?

Head has captained SA 62 times since 2015 for 12 wins.

Head, Carey, Worrell, Sayers, Mennie, Lehmann, RIchardson, Cooper, Cosgrove, Fergurson, Zampa- all internationals.

Sayers, Mennie and Worrell consistently finished top three and took massive wickets.

Lyon 56 wickets at Adelaide Oval.
Warne 56 wickets at Adelaide Oval.

Lyon 11 Tests at 26.55
Warne 13 Tests at 30.44

How in 140 years has it come down to two spinners to have the most wickets at the Adelaide Oval.

Smith/Lyon are equal with Warne/Taylor for bowl/catch-51 catches.

Yes explain to me why Smith can’t captain the next Test- when he’s already done it since his ban ended. No one will care if he does it again. Why would you save your outrage for the second time he does it?

Head has captained SA 62 times since 2015 for 12 wins.

Head, Carey, Worrell, Sayers, Mennie, Lehmann, RIchardson, Cooper, Cosgrove, Fergurson, Zampa- all internationals.

Sayers, Mennie and Worrell consistently finished top three and took massive wickets.
I don't believe I said he can't? I believe I said he should captain the side. Why are you making things up?

Yes you've named 11 internationals, how many of those are regulars? 3? For a period every man and his dog got a crack for Australia in the shorter formats. Do you have a comparison to other states and their international representation in games played? Because the SA side has been dog shit for a long time, and no matter who the captain was they were not going to be successful.

Active Now

• marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.