Seibold - 5 games in

Just wondering what you're basing that on? Is it win percentage?

I think a better metric would be finals related and he would have to be third or fourth in that regard. Goes without saying that Bellamy and Robinson would be above him, possibly even flanagan and Green.
Like I said I may be misguided but I think it's the coach with the most wins of games played. It's just that this old and disproven notion that because a person is old(er) that they MUST be worse or poorer. I grow tired of the claim that WB is from a bygone time, he's out of touch with the modern game, yesterday's news etc etc when the stats don't indicate that at all.

The stats of the last 5 years are independent of his premiership years and those up to the minute stats indicate that only one coach gets more wins so it totally disproves the notion the coach is out of touch. I just think people should find a different argument to put WB down, a truthful and factual argument if one exists, one that isn't purely about a person's age.

Just watchin the Rabbits v Warriors game - it could not be more depressing looking at Cook, Reynolds and Cody Walker and how they are playing and then think back to Thursday night and how our muppets performed. These 3 souths blokes in particular are fucking dynamic.

Just watchin the Rabbits v Warriors game - it could not be more depressing looking at Cook, Reynolds and Cody Walker and how they are playing and then think back to Thursday night and how our muppets performed. These 3 souths blokes in particular are fucking dynamic.

Yeah I’m watching the game too.
No doubt we’d have won against the tigers with them in the side.
Wonder when they come off contract maybe we could put some feelers out sometime.

Yeah I’m watching the game too.
No doubt we’d have won against the tigers with them in the side.
Wonder when they come off contract maybe we could put some feelers out sometime.

Cody Walker is seriously 10 times the player Milf is, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

I honestly think that given his potential and untapped talent when you saw him playing at fullback for Canberra when he first burst onto the scene, and compare him to the past few years since 2015, Milf will go on to be one of the comp's greatest underachievers of all time. What an absolutely gutting waste of talent.

Last edited:
And probably on about half the money

Yup, depressing thought isn't it.

Sorry to take the thread momentarily off course fellas, but please cast your mind back 6 or so years ago to when he was sniffing around the ruck at fullback for the raiders. As a side note, he also looked to be really enjoying himself, smiling and laughing. These days, I dunno, sometimes he looks like he just doesn't wanna be out on the field. Or maybe he hates playing in the halves, I don't know.

Last edited:
Believe it or not it's not about being a Bennett apologist or whatever bullshit the term is.

It's just that we don't like history being re-written trying to make out like Bennett was a crap coach, behind the times, blah blah.

It's entirely possible Bennett was a great coach, he still is a great coach, he got us back from being mediocre to a challenging team again and he was let go for politics and age rather than coaching ability. There's a reasons Souths, Tigers, Penrith and potentially other unnamed clubs wanted Bennett as coach when he was getting sacked.

It's okay to like Seibold, I do, but just because there's a new guy we don't have to heap shit in Bennett being behind the times and a dud. Bennett was great, thanks for everything, hopefully Seibold can achieve half as illustrious a coaching career.

A great post was made saying it will take a while and I agree. Seibolds coaching style is fundamentally different from Bennett who is an impossible act to follow. Bennett can make any team better because that's the coach he is, he's not relying on technical ability. Seibold needs to rework the basics to suit his coaching philosophies which won't happen overnight, might even take 2 whole seasons but if the board believes he has the long term vision and aptitude to execute it I'm backing them.

Great post, completely agree.

This team needed things to go bad for it to get better, I feel being ok with just making the finals is creeping into the club. They needed to learn that they aren’t better then everyone and you need to do the basics right to earn a win. Problem is our most experienced players aren’t leading by example on basically all aspects of the game

Sorry to take the thread momentarily off course fellas, but please cast your mind back 6 or so years ago to when he was sniffing around the ruck at fullback for the raiders. As a side note, he also looked to be really enjoying himself, smiling and laughing. These days, I dunno, sometimes he looks like he just doesn't wanna be out on the field. Or maybe he hates playing in the halves, I don't know.

you put Dfafita beside milf and opposition teams will have to stop sending two on him him as they will have to worry about fafita breaking tackles instead of glen who doesn’t. This isn’t a shot at glen I’m just pointing out glen not being a destructive ball runner actually hinders Milford’s time and space.

He was our player of the year in 2018 too... So in his 4 years at the club he has won our best player award twice?

Yep, by all means, as the popular consensus seems to be, get rid of him... Lol

i think he has only one it once ... last year (which was actually his first on big money)

1 of the main reasons I was excited about Siebold is because I thought he had the balls to make the big calls and after the 1st 5 rounds he has proved to me he hasn’t.

making the big calls and then due to our lack of depth in certain position putting in someone worse or throwing someone to the wolves who isn't ready, will make things worse, not better ...

hell the second option could set us back years !!!

I only start watching rugby league since 2014, more like a soccer fan before that. To me, Milford never seemed enjoyed the half position probably except he’s with Hunt in 2015, other than that, he really looks serious most of the time.

Cody Walker, a 5/8 who demanded the ball when the game was on the line. Gets the ball and ices it. 4 tries. Milf, take a look at the video of that game and start earning your pay cheque.

i think he has only one it once ... last year (which was actually his first on big money)
Yeah that's what I was meaning.

He justified being our marquee money man last year.

From memory he started pretty slow last year as well.

Cody Walker, a 5/8 who demanded the ball when the game was on the line. Gets the ball and ices it. 4 tries. Milf, take a look at the video of that game and start earning your pay cheque.

Souths are now 4/1 and we are 1/4
I don’t like the way this trend is going.

He'd probably find it easier with Cooks service.

There was a great article by Crawley?? i think it was that pretty much debunks every myth about Bennetts time at Newcastle.

Seibs has a great squad to work with, we dont need a complete overhaul, he has enough here currently to challenge. With a halfback, we could quite easily win the thing.

Interested to know who you think in our development squad is ready to make the step up. From my understanding, Dearden is probably it right now, possibly Turpin, and if we wanted i think we could promote them both. Thats a call left to the coach.
To be honest mate I am not in the position to make a commentary on who is ready as I have not seen them play. A highlight here and there thats all.

In my opinion there is just potential there. We use to hear the same thing about two brothers in 20s with the last name Nikorima who would be our future.

I agree with everyone it is the spine thats the problem.There is a balance issue. I would first tinker with the 1 or 9 before touching the halfs. I have previously stated i think a direct swap with Boyd and either Bird or Isaako would be the first change and 2nd I would take a long look at the 9. If we had a ready made 9 who could run that actually would change everything for me and it would be Macca that would be under the most pressure

I personally feel our halfs skill set is not being harnessed because we lack an offensive threat out of hooker and only one real threat with our fullback. So we are predictable. Watch how quickly Milf and Kodi are swamped by defending teams. Its because everyone knows our hooker will not run and when he does he actually looks surpised (so its an accident) and our fullback will only get involved in the sweep.

This is why i am not going to say its on Seibs. We have had the same problems over the last few years but they have only gotten worse as A- our spine is still the same and therefore worked out and B- there is some players there that are older and have reached their development peeks. Throw in a couple of serious injurys such as Maccas knee and Boyds total body and you have a spine with few weapons, dull blades and blunt points.

To be honest mate I am not in the position to make a commentary on who is ready as I have not seen them play. A highlight here and there thats all.

In my opinion there is just potential there. We use to hear the same thing about two brothers in 20s with the last name Nikorima who would be our future.

I agree with everyone it is the spine thats the problem.There is a balance issue. I would first tinker with the 1 or 9 before touching the halfs. I have previously stated i think a direct swap with Boyd and either Bird or Isaako would be the first change and 2nd I would take a long look at the 9. If we had a ready made 9 who could run that actually would change everything for me and it would be Macca that would be under the most pressure

I personally feel our halfs skill set is not being harnessed because we lack an offensive threat out of hooker and only one real threat with our fullback. So we are predictable. Watch how quickly Milf and Kodi are swamped by defending teams. Its because everyone knows our hooker will not run and when he does he actually looks surpised (so its an accident) and our fullback will only get involved in the sweep.

This is why i am not going to say its on Seibs. We have had the same problems over the last few years but they have only gotten worse as A- our spine is still the same and therefore worked out and B- there is some players there that are older and have reached their development peeks. Throw in a couple of serious injurys such as Maccas knee and Boyds total body and you have a spine with few weapons, dull blades and blunt points.
There is absolutely a compounding factor in our spine. Having two instinctive running halves with little to zero organisation and game controlling intelligence wouldn't be as bad if Macca was more creative, accurate and fast, Boyd was a good support fullback (which he really has never been), and both those experienced heads helped steering the team around... we have none of that.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.