Seibold - 5 games in

Hi @Jason Simmons :)

I didn't say he would not have stayed loyal, I am simply questioning why folks think he definitely would have

IMO, he left in 2015 and is just as likely to have left in 2016 if we didn't release him in 15

Sure, he may have stayed, but we will never know

All can we do is speculate based on how events have played out I suppose. He stayed loyal to the Titans when he had offers to go elsewhere (including back to us). If he had signed with us, as he did with the Titans when released you'd have to assume he was happy with the contract and the opportunities therein, so why leave?

That is what has played out with him in reality, so anything is speculatory.

https://www.nrl.com/ladder/?competition=111&season=2018&round=5

Have a look at the ladder from round 5 last year. The top 3 finished in the bottom 3 positions of the 8 and 3 teams dropped out all together. 3 of the top 4 teams weren't even in the 8. Rd 5 is far too early to write a season off.

Not to mention, in 2015 the Cowboys lost 3 straight to start the season, two by 20+ and then ended 2-5
We will do the same if we put in a great performance against Canberra.

Damn, Porthoz you must be one of the most biased people on here from what I am reading every day.
Of course! Funny how this always comes from people who have a contrary unsubstantiated opinion, except in that case it's not bias apparently...

Anyone catch Lockyer on 100% footy last night? From what he was saying, nothing will be changing in the halves - and I would assume he would know. It's worrying that he believes Seibold will continue with these halves, and that their game management is getting better... Darren must have missed the absolute disgrace that was our last set and attempt at FG on the weekend..
Gus was still on his roll about how the Broncos aren't going that bad, how they will still make the 4, and win a comp in the next couple of years.

Has me questioning if I am watching the same games that these blokes are watching..?
Honestly, wtf is going on.

Maybe locky is more concerned about other parts of the spine.

Perhaps they can see that we are not terrible and are a lot closer to clicking than we passionate supporters believe. A little better handling and we'd be 3 and 2, perhaps even 4 and 1. I honestly believe we are close to being a good team even wirh our limitations. A couple of wins and we will regain our mojo. I haven't lost faith in this season yet.

Couldn't you say that about every club - and most of them are already doing better than us?

Last edited:
At the ime I thought Hun would be our long-term half back. I was shocked when Benny let Taylor go too. I thought all that time and effort and he lets him go coz he thinks he deserves to play first grade. I honestly thought that Benny had made a handshake deal that he would let him go to the Titans but that if as soon as he got some NRl experience he'd call him back to the Broncos. When Beny was making the play to get him back I thought I was vindicated in thinking this. Then the Tits droppped a huge pile of poo when they ofered him large and he took it.

In years to come I'm sure Benny will disclose what really went on and put his hand up and say he was doing the right thing by the kid but got burned when the ugly filthy lucre raised its head.

At the ime I thought Hun would be our long-term half back. I was shocked when Benny let Taylor go too. I thought all that time and effort and he lets him go coz he thinks he deserves to play first grade. I honestly thought that Benny had made a handshake deal that he would let him go to the Titans but that if as soon as he got some NRl experience he'd call him back to the Broncos. When Beny was making the play to get him back I thought I was vindicated in thinking this. Then the Tits droppped a huge pile of poo when they ofered him large and he took it.

In years to come I'm sure Benny will disclose what really went on and put his hand up and say he was doing the right thing by the kid but got burned when the ugly filthy lucre raised its head.
Colourful and I'd say pretty much on the money. The Tits believed they were buying well and I think time will prove them right. I still rate the lad.

Colourful and I'd say pretty much on the money. The Tits believed they were buying well and I think time will prove them right. I still rate the lad.
As do I. A few people are death riding him on here actually willing him to fail. Another season or two and he'll reach his full potential. Who knows we still might see him back at Red Hill some time in the future.

As do I. A few people are death riding him on here actually willing him to fail. Another season or two and he'll reach his full potential. Who knows we still might see him back at Red Hill some time in the future.
I certainly hope not.

It said a lot about Taylor when he publicly sided with his mate Jarryd, and just like him, I don’t think Taylor is made of the right stuff to really fulfil his potential. Moreover, he doesn’t strike me as the Mick De Vere type when it comes to his dedication and work ethic.

I’m sure he’ll have his moments, but outside of that, he’ll most likely be another ‘if only’ player.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion and of course I could be wrong, but I guess time will tell.

Fair to say I am disappointed with the team named for this weeks game. Surely something has to give with the terrible play from the 1,6,7&9 soon.

In Sunday Mail.

Attachments

• 20190421_110359.jpg
    20190421_110359.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
It sounds as though they are trying to steel us for some more unfortunate results.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.